Confirmation - no stable slots being added

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Confirmation - no stable slots being added

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Saw this on Greg Street's (aka Ghostcrawler) twitter when two people asked about getting more stable slot.
Not gonna happen by what he's saying:
jonathan @Ghostcrawler We hunters want to collect and keep more friends. Why wont you allow us to keep more pets in stables?

8 Sep Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
More stable slots would be fine to a point. Don't want hunters feeling like they should tame evey pet they see.

8 Sep Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
Taming should be a decision. There are plenty of "collect all" achievements. Hunters aren't crazy cat hoarding ladies.

Whelp. That can certainly end some questions right there.

Feel free to discuss. No flaming or bickering!

:twisted: Giordana

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Confirmation - no stable slots being added

Unread post by Lisaara »

A bit miffed to hear that. I like to collect them all and I'm not a crazy cat lady. So yeah, a bit insulted by his words.

(And before anyone starts in on this. YES. I do infact use all my pets. I switch out my slots all the time.)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

I don't mind not getting new slots. I cleaned out my stables recently, whittling it down to keep more useful pets and less rare/vanity ones. I'm down to 1 spirit beast and I might even be dropping more rare pets in the future in exchange for more utility to cover buffs. I understand the mentality that people do like to collect rares, so I'm not hating on that at all; just saying that I'm fine where it is :)

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

his comments sort of remind me of when he said that only level-capped toons were "legitimate" characters.

he seems to enjoy telling others how they should play.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

"More stable slots would be fine to a point."

I'm pretty sure that says the opposite of "Not going to happen."

It sounds as though they're actually interested in adding more, but aren't sure HOW MANY more to add. >_>
Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

I dunno. Honestly, isn't 25 enough? Sure, I could probably tame a few more pets, but keep in mind we started off with only 3. Then we got 5. And now 25.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I won't speak for anyone else, but as for myself I'm glad and I hope we don't get more stable slots. The absolute most I would want would be 5, and that's mostly just to satisfy my fondness of nice even numbers (30 sounds better than 25). In a crazy, masochistic way I'd almost wish they'd bump it down to 20 instead, but I know that's never going to happen. :lol:

Again, those are just my views on it. I know some people out there are killing for more, and some people out there barely even use what we have. I've personally never wanted our pets to become so numerous that they feel more like a book of minipets/spells rather than a collection of close bonds, but that's how my playstyle is.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I'm fine with it staying at 25 as I don't really use more than 10 of my pets most of the time. I won't complain if they ever do decide to increase it though. I just wish I could carry 6 pets with me instead of 5 so I have my 6 main buff pets with me at all times and dont have to worry about missing one in a dungeon lol.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I'm fine with them not being added in, though I'm sorry to those who really want more.

Personally, going from 5 to 25 was pretty darn amazing for me! I'm just thankful that I don't have to abandon pets anymore whenever I feel like I want a new one, so I'm quite happy with the number we have. :)

And honestly, I know not everyone is like this- but sometimes I wish we had less slots, even. I feel like pets are a bit too much of a collection now. I love collecting vanity items, but hunter pets are more special to me, so being able to tame so many has made them feel a bit..watered down, sort of. I think in the future I'll be abandoning a lot of my pets to keep a very small stable.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I completely understand where you're coming from Zuilu, I'm in the same mindset. I love having all the pets that we do, but I do kinda think a few less slots would make each pet more meaningful. If the empty slots are there I'm going to fill them, as much as I'd love to cut down on my stables, which is why I wouldn't like more slots myself. I guess I'm just nostalgic for the hard decisions that used to come with our pets, and really truly bonding to each one because we had so few. I love all of my pets, but there's clear levels of attachment in my case, and I know if I was forced to I could probably let go of a good amount.

I remember when they announced more stable slots for Cataclysm I was thinking we might get all the way up to 10, and even that seemed unbelievable. When the number 25 was unveiled I was just boggled by the amount. I think ideally I'd be pleased with 20, but I do hope we stay at our current number. Anything more than 25 worries me honestly.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

"Hunters aren't crazy cat hoarding ladies"

My ud hunter has a thing for cat pets. :O So technically you could say she is a crazy cat lady.

I'm fine with it being 25, though a small bump to 30 would not cause any complaint.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Zuilu wrote:I'm fine with them not being added in, though I'm sorry to those who really want more.

Personally, going from 5 to 25 was pretty darn amazing for me! I'm just thankful that I don't have to abandon pets anymore whenever I feel like I want a new one, so I'm quite happy with the number we have. :)

And honestly, I know not everyone is like this- but sometimes I wish we had less slots, even. I feel like pets are a bit too much of a collection now. I love collecting vanity items, but hunter pets are more special to me, so being able to tame so many has made them feel a bit..watered down, sort of. I think in the future I'll be abandoning a lot of my pets to keep a very small stable.
My thoughts as well, I always keep very small stables- at max, 15 pets. I hate having more, I feel like I'm ignoring my others.

We're so dang pampered as a class. I think sometimes, we just need to be happy with the insane amounts of love we've already gotten.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Zuilu wrote:I'm fine with them not being added in, though I'm sorry to those who really want more.

My thoughts as well, I always keep very small stables- at max, 15 pets. I hate having more, I feel like I'm ignoring my others.

We're so dang pampered as a class. I think sometimes, we just need to be happy with the insane amounts of love we've already gotten.
I'm like you guys.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I agree with the people that are basically saying less is more. I like having to choose my pets. Not just taming everthing that I like or think looks cool. I like bonding. Personally, 10-20 stable slots sounds good to me. It's small enough to keep all the ones you've bonded with, and not too big to where most of your pets have no meaning. But, that's just me :)
No offense to those who do prefer to collect pets

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

As nice as it would be to have an unlimited stable, I know that just out of habit, I'd end up filling it with every pet I like, and it'd just turn into Pokemon for me. I like having a close and dedicated team of pets, and if I could have them all, I'd only end up using the same 5, and ignoring the rest, just like in Pokemon.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Being called a crazy cat lady....? Ams' what I ams I guess :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spiritbinder wrote:Being called a crazy cat lady....? Ams' what I ams I guess :lol:
Yeah, but in your case it's the cat that's crazy! :)

It's frustrating but I can see what they're getting at. Artificial realities do need limits and choices, or it gets boring fast. But in this case maybe he doesn't realize what an enormous number of different looks we have now and what a pittance 25 can be for some people now. And there's really nothing wrong with a bit of collecting :)

Maybe shared stables between hunters would work. 25 slots for every max level hunter you have :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

<---- Crazy cat lady and proud of it! Still, I like that we have 25 pets and am fine with not having more. It sucks to have to release pets but a few times releasing a pet makes me realize that I was actually quite bonded to that one and I've and gotten him or her back.

I think that's also why they use such an emotionally loaded word like "abandon" instead of "release" like we prefer to say. They want us to stop and think about what we are doing. It's not supposed to be an easy thing to get rid of a pet.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I would love it if we had enough stable slots to have one of each family-but I know there is no way that is going to happen.

*shrug* Its not a big deal to me-I remember when we had just five pets and that was it. Getting the ability to call one out from your stable while in the wild was the greatest thing to me-especially when I was raiding in one spec with a wolf and running instances with my SB in another spec.

I have a number of high level hunters that I use to house pets that I no longer keep on my main. And if I were honest, there are a number of pets that I rarely if ever use on my main. If I need to clear out some places for some of the new pets, I'll take a long hard look at what I already have. I don't need three SB and three cats-but I'll keep them because I like them. I don't raid hard core so I dont really need any of the 'raid' type pets unless I like them. My basilisk, chimera and riding skin wolf are likely to go away to make room for the porcupine, crane and quilen that I want. And I'm fine with that.

Its not like you have to keep what is in your stable. get rid of a pet, try something else for awhile and then go tame your old pet again if you would rather have it. If it was a rare that was hard to get-then write down its name and the date that you are releasing it before you let it go-then ask a GM to restore it to you if you really want to get it back without having to hunt for it again.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'd like more. I'm not sure how fewer makes them more meaningful, since almost all of my rare pet tames have stories or meanings to them as do my commons. And it's hard to let go of a pet I tamed with a friend. Honestly, I'd like more so I can cover more of the buffs and what have you. Even if you only get one of each buff/family, 25 still isn't enough.

No, I won't scream and karate chop GC over it, but it's on my 'would be nice' list.

And yes, I was once a library science major so I am a crazy cat lady. Certified, even.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!