Cross Realm Bad idea or good as a hunter

Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar

Cross Realm Bad idea or good as a hunter

Unread post by Kitchu/Sknot »

I do not wish to start a flame war myself like usual here just an observation.
i thought i would check this out and see the impact and on my server Dath'Remar i went to all the northrend rare spawn points and i count 90 ppl in storm peaks all at diff rant skoll spawn points then i check gondria almost the same at lest 2 at ever point then i checked even acturis had a few dont even get me started on loque (i have all these pets on Kitchu and my other 2 hunters ) but i mean this is crazy wont a have a negative impact they said i can see this as a major one from what i saw and i am only stating this as a point dont wish it to be negative toward any one or anything, but i think the days of camping rares is well over it crazy how do compete with 100 ppl in one area? i know its all a hunter and stuff but there is going to be so much fighting a bitching and anger in game lets not even get in to the people that will kill them infront of the hunters to be jerks. i am just hoping it isnt like this on the Pandrian content or i must say i may be leaving the game or not playing my hunters i loved playing a hunter for the taming of rare pets and them thrill of it not to have that is terrible in my book and i can see this as the worst idea Blizzard may have ever had that's my two cents again thank you everyone for reading and its just a rant lets not turn in to a flame war or petty name calling and flaming ok. :)
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: Cross Realm Bad idea or good as a hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I have some spare dots and comas. I'll sell them to you, really cheap, honest.

On topic:
I have nere seen 90 people in a x-realm zone. As I'm still on my TLPD quest I have a habit of typying /who The Storm Peaks from time to time, just to see if it's worth heading there, and the most (of one side, as I only can /who allies) that I've seen was 14, which included a few lvl 78/9s, clearly just lvling there.

As for the spirit beasts competition, it might just be a lot of people getting themselves a BM spec, as, from what we know, it will become a more-than-viable raiding spec in MoP.

BTW, since 5.0.4. hit, I've already found nice cosy homes for 2 Arcturises (Arcturia? /brainboil) that I have discovered while doing my daily free-220-honor-in-5-minutes routine in Grizzly Hills. Oh, and for a Madex, too.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

OK thank for insulting my punctuation. i didn't want this to be a attack thread, but thank you for making it that.............Enough full stops for you?

On Topic: You know they don't come up on /who right? and good for you rehomeing them we have asshole from shadowsong on my server that abuse you if you go near what they are camping, or abuse you for doing anything that might interrupt there little perfect world. So before you defend it go have a hard look at the spawn points on louque and skoll more carefully. it was just an observation but once again thank you for attacking me and making it a personal dig.
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I really don't think Myrrmi meant to insult you or attack you, let's just take a deep breathe and hug it out ^^

Anyway, I haven't tried camping for anything since cross-realm zones, but I have observed *a lot* of people fighting over the Darkmoon Rabbit for about 8 hours straight.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

So far, I've heard nothing but bad things here and from guildies. I'm not liking this one bit.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I think if you're seeing far too many people in those zones it is feedback that blizzard needs to have, go report it in proper way. They don't want to break the game for anyone and I think this is something they need more feedback on to get it to work properly.

I really dislike it, more because it causes my game to freeze up for a second when I go across a border into a shared zone. It is not a big thing, but it is getting really annoying really fast.

/edit to stab out the damed iPad autospelling fail.
Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

i have reported it them and there response to all the negative was to basically say suck it up we don't care
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

While the response on grammar may have been snarky, they just mean its sortof hard to read the post. :)

But I didn't know the crowding was that big of an issue, I was already unhappy with the idea from the start and the more I hear of it...the more it makes me sad. :(
ImageImage
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kitchu/Sknot wrote:i have reported it them and there response to all the negative was to basically say suck it up we don't care
Could you link us to where a blue responded to your post on the forums?

LisaaraPokefarm

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

The freeze/lag is what annoys me, too. Sometimes, rarely though, I get day/night shifts when crossing zones, but only around the evening hours and, as I've said, rarely, so it's just a minor inconvinience.
Also I've heard reports of the server-grouping-according-to-their-types rule not working correctly. I do hope those are just baby-age problems of the system.
Kitchu/Sknot wrote:and good for you rehomeing them we have asshole from shadowsong on my server that abuse you if you go near what they are camping, or abuse you for doing anything that might interrupt there little perfect world
I do not wish to defend the x-realm, as I'm at-best-indifferent to it, but the problem you have there is only partially connected to implementing the x-realm zones. The real problem are the players. The feature just made a probability of meeting such person higher.
I'd suggest /ignoring them, or reporting them for griefing.

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Myrrmi wrote:Also I've heard reports of the server-grouping-according-to-their-types rule not working correctly. I do hope those are just baby-age problems of the system.
That is sadly correct, my server (RP) is getting merged with numerous different PVP servers. It's caused a lot of problems thus far.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zuilu wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:Also I've heard reports of the server-grouping-according-to-their-types rule not working correctly. I do hope those are just baby-age problems of the system.
That is sadly correct, my server (RP) is getting merged with numerous different PVP servers. It's caused a lot of problems thus far.
Tell me about it. I've stuck to GW2 lately cause I'm tired of pvpers running up to me going "lololol go back to goldshire faggot!" (Cause playing on Moon Guard TOTALLY means I just hang out in goldshire in my heroic DS gear, right?)

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I like it for the most part, most of my issues with it are with the bugs. It will make camping in old zones trickier, and I'm not looking forward to explaining to mom (again) that TLPD camping is harder now in a few weeks. We had that discussion last night and she was less than understanding--although she dubiously took my word for it.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Hopefully, at least for TLPD and other mounts, the account-wide mount feature will get the farming-for-an-nth-alt people out of the competition.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Myrrmi wrote:Hopefully, at least for TLPD and other mounts, the account-wide mount feature will get the farming-for-an-nth-alt people out of the competition.
It seems like it has made the mount runs far more common when I go. Normally I am alone near those mount instances, now there a a good dozen people running into stratholm or karazan when my buddy and I go mount farming these days.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's a shame they are merging servers of different types. When this feature was first discussed, they said merging would only occur between similar server types.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

GormanGhaste wrote:It's a shame they are merging servers of different types. When this feature was first discussed, they said merging would only occur between similar server types.
I'm still convinced this is a mistake. Chances are, Blizzard knows by now, but this isn't a trivial fix and requires extra work. How do I know this? Because Dethecus wasn't merged at ALL in the first week, but after that second Tuesday maintenance, we were. I haven't seen anyone there who wasn't from a PvP server, at least not unless they were individuals who got grouped in.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

"Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

.@Meerkatx PvP and PvE zones aren't supposed to be merged together. We'll try and clear everything up."
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ziarre wrote:"Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

.@Meerkatx PvP and PvE zones aren't supposed to be merged together. We'll try and clear everything up."
Ah, there we go. :) Knew it!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Myrrmi wrote:I do not wish to defend the x-realm, as I'm at-best-indifferent to it, but the problem you have there is only partially connected to implementing the x-realm zones. The real problem are the players. The feature just made a probability of meeting such person higher.
I'd suggest /ignoring them, or reporting them for griefing.
THIS. I think a lot of people are linking cross-realm directly to pets being killed/trolling. People are just going to do that, it's just that you run into more now.

However. As was stated above, this is most likely stuff Blizzard wants to know- I'm quite sure their intention isn't to say "suck it up" or any such thing. They want people to enjoy the game. They're not going to lord over us and laugh at our misery. I think there are a few too many people per cross-realm zone, but it's an MMO for a reason- there are other players, even if sometimes I wish there weren't. People being around is just bound to happen. It's been very unusual and odd that we've been able to play in such a solitary way, honestly.

I can't say I'm too worried about rares. They're… rares. At the moment, I've found that their value is significantly lowered due to the fact that on many servers, they're basically up 90% of the time, especially pets. I kind of feel like the higher player-per-realm count is going to, for me, bring back the actual thrill of finding a rare, instead of what I'm getting at the moment, which is more like "Dear gods, (insert rare here) ISN'T up?".

I acknowledge, however, that that's not on all servers. But I do think I, as well as perhaps others (But not pointing fingers), need to break myself out of the idea that the proper, fun way to level is to be the only one in the zone.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!