My orc got Minecrafted

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

My orc got Minecrafted

Unread post by Skyshot »

I suppose this might count as fan art. I've heard a lot of good thing about Minecraft lately so I finally decided to give the game a go.
I had read about character skins and decided to get the skin editor to block-o-tize my orc huntress into my personal minecraft skin.
It's my first attempt at anything pixel art related so it's no mind blowing work of art... I'm pretty happy with her, though. :]

Ta-da? ^^

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: My orc got Minecrafted

Unread post by Acherontia »

That looks great, lol. My guildmate's Minecraft char is a blood elf in a black/red gear set, with the Blood Knight tabard on :D
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Skyshot »

:D I bet that looks cool. I've seen a blood elf, night elf, and a few troll skins here and there with an envious amount of detail to them.
Hopefully I can get into high detail with my own skins sometime in the near future. :lol:

<My whelps - My Dragons>
-Calvin and Hobbes

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

would you mind explaining what exactly "Minecraft" is? I have seen pictures of various blocks, but am very naive to its meaning
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Skyshot »

Royi wrote:would you mind explaining what exactly "Minecraft" is? I have seen pictures of various blocks, but am very naive to its meaning
I'm still fairly new to it myself so I don't know all of the details. In a nutshell: the point of the game is to survive, mine for resources, and create structures in the world around you... Or you could just spend your time exploring above ground since the world is massive. You can play on peaceful or pick a difficulty (ranging easy to hard) where monsters will spawn at night and in cave systems. It has single player and multiplayer modes. If you look on the official forums and fansites you can get mods, skins, and texture packs to change various things within the game. Mind you, it's still being developed (beta 1.3 right now) but you can still buy it for less and just download the updates as they come out or wait until it's completed and pay the full amount. (Official site: http://www.minecraft.net/)

I find it very addictive since it has such a vast world and is so free-form. Some places can be really beautiful too... in a blocky sort of way. ;)
There's a few good videos on youtube I found that show some pretty good examples of places and player made structures. :D
"Dreamcraft" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVqwIoI82GA
"The Beauty Of Minecraft" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOpkpW1tDAM
"Untouched Lands" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUOH20EOwKY

<My whelps - My Dragons>
-Calvin and Hobbes

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Yeah, it's pretty amazing, and completely addictive for a week or two, with the potential for part-time fun for months :)

Zero Punctuation review--amusing and informative ;D

Basically it's a pixel block world with very simplistic and bright graphics (stylized, not "bad"). You start off clueless, dumped into wilderness, and explore a bit; then night falls and monsters spawn in any unlit
area (some of which are killed again by sunlight). As you survive, you find out that there's a massive crafting system with tons of resources both in the overworld and in caves beneath the ground. You set your own goals--make a castle, or a massive walled-in brightly-lit farm, or whatever :P

My multi-player server is currently excavating, forming and decorating a HUGE underground cave system into a giant underground city termed by my WoW guildmate, amusingly enough, as the Undercity >.<
Minifig
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Minifig »

Cute!

Here's mine:

He's supposed to look like a LEGO version of me. :D
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter