RP Hunter Stories!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

RP Hunter Stories!

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I figure a lot of us are roleplayers here. Even if you're not on an RP server or actively roleplay your character, odds are your hunter and even pets have backstories of some sort. So here's an opportunity to share'em!

My main hunter Silinrul is a Night Elf. After learning the arts of the hunter, Sil was beset with wanderlust and hitched the first boat out of Darkshore she could. It took her to Menethil Harbor, where she slowly built up a strong rapport with the dwarves and humans. Indeed, Sil felt she enjoyed human and dwarf interactions much more (they're not nearly so stern and aloof as night elves after all). Silinrul now works as a traveling mercenary, with primary focus on dwarven and human commissions, though she will occasionally act as an emissary for Darnassus to the aforementioned dwarven and human nations since she has such a strong connection to them.

During one of her missions to the Scarlet Monastery to collect information, Silinrul saw how poorly the Scarlet Crusaders treated their tracking hounds. Enraged, she ended up taking one to try and rescue it. The hound was not especially happy with its rescue at first and resisted (Sil has the bite marks to prove it), but with a lot of time and care she formed a bond with the hyena. They are now VERY close and loyal to each other.

Sil tends to be stern and aloof like the rest of her race, but is trying to be more open and friendly. She is an elf that enjoys staying underground (Ironforge) and has an odd preference for the more 'ugly' creatures of the world (hyenas and diseased wolves).

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: RP Hunter Stories!

Unread post by Ryno »

Ooo, nice story. I have a story I wrote a few years back for Rynoh, let me fetch it...

The air was pushing against his face. The air smelled of snow and artic winds. His bags were full of items, ranging from rare treasures to scraps of random bits of things. Rynoh Raptorhorn was returning from a good day of pludering the infamous Utgarde Keep again. He was especially excited about the great quantities of meats he took from the now Scourge stronghold. "Ah, worg flanks... shoveltusk steaks..." Rynoh was going through the bag, as his nether ray flew him to Dalaran.

But as Rynoh was entering Dalaran air space, his nether ray knew it should stop, but it hadn't been told to. Rynoh was still going through his bag, comtemplating whether to boil or barbecue the worg flanks. After a few seconds of confusion, the nether ray ran smack into the barrier that keeps flying entities away from Dalaran. Rynoh, on the other hand, kept on sailing through.

Just as he picked up his head (confident boiling and then barbecuing the flanks was obviously the best choice), he noticed his situation. And he also noticed how that brick wall was coming up fast. It was at this moment, that Rynoh's life flashed before his eyes. He remembered being a youngling in Grom'gol Base Camp, spending days gathering supplies for the camp with his father. How he had watched a panther kill his father, as trolls seemingly appeared from nowhere and saved him.

Afterwards, he was raised by the trolls of Grom'gol, often hunting and sharing their customs. Of course, he often wondered on his own out of curiousity of the world, and knew Stranglethorn fairly well. When Rynoh was coming of age, the trolls took him to a part of Stranglethorn he had never been, and left him. It was his test to survive there alone for one year. Luckily for him, he was never watched during this time, and found his way to Booty Bay with a little sense of direction and a lot of luck, so it wasn't too difficult.

Years later, Rynoh left his small home, and started to explore the world. It was a lonely business, Rynoh often spending his time in the cities, not knowing anyone. Luckily, he found out (mostly through rumors) about a tribe led by a fearless troll chieftain, and his group of bloodthirsty ruffians. After joining he found them to be a good bunch, and came to respect the tribe as he became a part of it.

Rynoh's life having flashed, Mr. Wall was good enough to have gone nowhere and greet Rynoh. With a loud "SMACK," Rynoh collided and all went black. When he awoke, he checked if anything was seriously hurt. Legs, check. Arms, check. Head, check. Body, check. Hands, feet, check. Bag of meat-OH CRAP. Rynohs bag of meats was empty, and his pet warp stalker a bit plumper than usual. Rynoh grabbed the bag and headed inside the nearest inn, planning on having a strong drink to take away the pain of his lost boiled and barbecued meat.

(Yes I know warp stalkers don't eat meat. But this one does. So there. ;) )

rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by rubybeam »

the one i created is a bit odd and childish for my character and my pets so i will only tell them if u guys want to hear them
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

rubybeam wrote:the one i created is a bit odd and childish for my character and my pets so i will only tell them if u guys want to hear them
Post! I demand childish silly story! /throws temper tantrum like a 5 year old

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

we really need a roleplaying forum XD
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Well, I remember a few years ago when I made up a backstory for Saturo.

Can't remember it tough. :(

Oh well, if it comes back to me I'll post it up...

(I remember it being five pages in a Word document, I was going to use it as a german assignment. Some quick translating should solve that :D )

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Zangor wrote:we really need a roleplaying forum XD
I wholeheartedly agree.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Kamalia wrote:
Zangor wrote:we really need a roleplaying forum XD
I wholeheartedly agree.
It would be interesting. ;)

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

That could be interesting...

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

o gosh this is going to be enbassing / facepalm but i'll try
oh nvm i'll just tell a pet story instead

why..? why do i have to suffer this way alah'anar looked at the moon wondering why did everyone have to hate her? why does her brothers and sisters jelous of her just why? she just a normal snow leopard nothing else but why are the other kittens always hissing behind her back? the only one who cared seemed to be her mother hine'gar meaning snowpaw in dwarfish she knew her name ment moon'shine but she didn't nkow why was it perhaps the way how she loved the moon? did her siblings hate her for just loveing the moon whatever it was she didn't try to be that way she never did anything bad. alah'anar got up and headed for the den she lived in she knew that if she died her mother would have a nervous breakdown but she also sensed something weird something strange something familiar. yet she never smelled it before then why does she now alah'anar decided to tell her mother this so she came into the den she knew as she was entering she looked at them there were hissing all except for her mother then she asked it " mother why does everything seem so strange" her mother looked at her she was shakeing a bit then she muttered something out into the cold air " i think it's time to tell u something alah'anar" she toke a sigh and then said u "are not normal" alah'anar felt her heart wince " what" she said her mother said it again " u are not normal" my heart was raceing this this really my mother she thought then alah'anar asked " what are u talking about" her mom replayed with a glint of worry in her eye " years ago when i had u a voice told me that u were born of the moon i myself thought it was not true until on day u fell alsleep under the moon your pelt was shining like the moon I came out of the den and saw u and when i was takeing u inside u never stopped glowing until morning" her mom's paws where shakeing like a avalache " and then she said i was forced to tell your brother and sisters because if i didn't they would probably get scared when they saw u again but it turns out they were jelous" she toke a quick moment to look at them to see the hostile looks in thier eyes then continued with the story " i was out hunting one day a saw and creature way taller thana dwarf and had pointy ears beside her was a deer that glowed like the moon itself, the elf like creature called herself " elune" and she told me that one day i would have tell u to leave the den and this is the day u have to go" her mothers eyes grew watery " alah'anar it is time for u to leave and take care of yourself" her mother started to cry and i felt warm salty tears grow down my eyes to i didn't want to leave " mother...." i said my response was my own mom almost clawing me to tell me to go i was forced out of my birthden i looked at the sky i couldn't see the pathway star i saw something coming towards me it was furry and it had something bright on it at an closer image i saw that had a horn a big shaggy body and tiny feet it then spoke " follow me little one" he said or she i'm not sure what one i nodded and followed it he evently leadly me to a little valley then disspappered i looked at the sky and a consteation that looked like a creature looked like it was looking at me smileing i looked ahead of myself so this is my new home i muttered to myself. I found a rock and layed down i felt my body growing my fur shined like the moon in the sky i grew wings like that of a bird and my eye's started glowing i was no longer small and powerless i looked at my new body and fell alsleep.

oh how long was that little experance of mine anyways plenty has happened since then i lived here for years now except today i'm not here anymore i am sitting beside a dwarf at the momenti'm not sure how it happened i was just hunting and then the dwarf i later found out that her name was rubybeam started to tell me stuff i hated at first but then she satrted telling me stuff like how there are people out there who would want to use my power for no good and people would would kill me in groups a then use my pelt as a cape this got to me a sat beside her and ive been with her ever since she called me tombraider because she doesn't want people to know my acual name and now this is my life
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Oh, how I do love sharing stories! :D Prepare to be crit-ed by TLDR WallOtext! But remember, the thread asked for it!

Komia Sunsinger is a Blood Elf, but she is no ordinary Blood Elf. She cares not for fabulous, out-of-the-way cities, the latest fashion trends in Dalaran, or if the next expansion will make her look fat. Oh no, not her.

For, you see, this young Hunter was raised by Darkspear Trolls. As a toddler, the little town her parents lived in was attacked by the Scourge. In the chaos, her mother, a mage, tried to conjure a portal for them to escape through, but was partially interrupted during the cast. Her father managed to distract the undead long enough for the spell to finish, but he was cut down right after. Desperate, the woman tossed her child through the portal, making sure that she was safe, but was then caught by the enemy. She didn't make it through after her daughter.

Here's where things manage to get even worse for the little elf. When the portal spell was interrupted, it threw the destination off course. Rather then connecting to Orgimmar, the portal dropped off in southern Durotar, near Sen'jin Village. But the teeniest bit of luck was on her side. A Troll by the name of Kali Remik came across the child just as a Scorpion was about to make a meal of her. While Trolls don't usually get along with Blood Elves, the voodoo woman couldn't let a defenseless child be senselessly killed. She saved the little elf, and brought her back to the Village with her. It took a bit of convincing to get Master Gadrin to allow the child to stay, but Kali always was a very persuasive woman. So, she raised Komia herself, teaching her the ways of the Trolls and trying to find more natural ways for her to sate the arcane addictions passed to her through her heritage.

While growing up, Komia had few friends in Sen'jin, what with the mistrust Trolls had for her people. Over time, she managed to gain the affections of some of the Village's inhabitants, through sheer determination and a naturally sweet temperament, but those stories are best left for later (RP forums yes please?). Mostly though, her friends comprised of little critters that she found around the Village. As she got older, she was trained in the basics of troll fighting and defense, but had yet to choose a specific class choice before she went on a routine trip to the Crossroads in the Barrens for supply trading. It was there she met her first Tauren, a big warrior by the name of Rothar. More familiar with the area then she, and her always eager to explore new places, he told her he would be willing to show her a few places near the town. Komia agreed.

Off they went, spending most of the day together, becoming fast friends. Towards the end of the afternoon, they were heading back to town, moving though the Lushwater Oasis on the way back. It was there that they were ambushed by a few Kolkar Centaur. Being more experienced then her, Rothar was able to hold most of the attackers back himself, but Komia did the best she could with the couple that got past him. She was not strong enough though, and was forced further and further back towards a cave in the cliffs. It was there that she stumbled, falling back over a small cropping of rock, only to discover a mostly crushed nest of leaves and sand. Inside were the remains of a clutch of eggs, most destroyed by centaur hoof prints. There was only one, one egg not crushed or splattered. But, it was cracking before her very eyes. Whatever it was, it was trying to hatch, right then and there! Knowing she didn't have a chance against the centaur bearing down on her, and hoping that maybe she would be able to protect the little creature trying to break it's shell, she threw her body over the egg, and waited for the kick that would end her life. But, in the next second, she was saved. Rothar dispatched that last centaur and pulled her to her feet, telling her they needed to get back to the Crossroads as soon as possible. Shaken up as she was, she quickly scooped up the shaking egg and ran with the Tauren for safety. On the way there, the egg broke apart, and the baby Wind Serpent looked up at Komia and hissed quietly. Through the adrenaline, she smiled down at the little reptile, and kissed the crest of it's head.

That was the moment that Komia Sunsinger, the Blood Elf raised by Trolls, found her companion before she even realized she was meant to be a Hunter.

((Hmn, that wasn't as long as I expected it to be. XD ))

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

My first ever toon when I started playing WoW back in 2006 was a tauren warrior named Regash Eisenhorn (Ironhorn). When Burning Crusade hit the shelves, I had to try a blood elf and see their starting zone. Most of my characters are somehow related to each other. I tried a new start on WoW on another realm with a forsaken warrior named Scorlan Cogsney and a troll hunter called Shoyajin. They are known as "Cogsney & Troll", because I sold everything in the auction house that I had no use for, including meat fish, leather, herbs and ore, wich they collected on their journeys.
So the story of Karathyriel is, that he was very interested in nature and animals, always being dirty and have torn clothes when coming home as a child. His parents, high ranked blood elves, were disgusted by this and when he brought home the wild little kitty he named Gerethay, his father had him make a chioce. The family or the beast. Karathyriel packed some stuff and went away. Regash found him on night, somewhere on the planes of mulgore and took him to Thunderbluff. Karathyriel learned a lot about nature and how to deal with it. He loved the way the tauren are dealing with animals and nature and hunting, so he stayed with them.
One day, when tey were out hunting on the planes, Regash didn't notice a big cat sneaking up on him but Karathyriel was there, saving Regashs life with one well-aimed arrow.
Regash offered him to swap blood and become brothers, wich the elf was very glad to accept. And so, in a rather large ceremony and a following feast, Karathyriel became Regashs brother and member of the blackhoof tribe.
Last edited by Karathyriel on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Everyone has so many interesting stories! The more I read them, the more I think a RP forum might be necessary. Maybe even bringing in non-hunters if one prefers it (I feel like my blood elven rogue probably has the most fleshed-out story of all my chars after all).

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I'm an RPer at heart, so almost all my characters have stories to them, not just my Hunter. For instance, my Hunter, Death Knight, Rogue and Warrior are all one big (happy?) family, even though none of them are actually related to eachother. :D My bank alt even has one; he's quite the shrewd businessman. I've even managed to incorporate my brother's main characters into my stories. For instance:
(First time my Rogue met Rothar, the Tauren Warrior)
Komia: Lyrae, this is Rothar. He has been a very good friend of mine for many years!
Lyrae: *stares up at the big cow man*
Rothar: *stares down at punny Blood Elf* Humph...
Lyrae: Uncle Rothar?
Rothar: *snorts* That's Mister to you, kid.
Lyrae: ....Mr. Uncle Rothar! *glomp*

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

dragonpuff wrote: My bank alt even has one; he's quite the shrewd businessman.
Haha, I sorta did the same thing. My bank alt is an undead warlock I attempted to level but really couldn't get into the class. Around 25 I retired her to item and money manager. I came up with a half-joke backstory for her; her entire family has always dabbled in the arts of demons and the like (even before the plague) so she felt compelled to continue the practice. But it just wasn't her sort of thing. She always loved accounting and stocks management! So, once her family became disgusted with her incompetence as a demonologist (her imp never obeys her, and her succubus is a shy, timid reject) she decided to follow her dreams. She now has found her niche, manages the rest of my characters' items of value and monitors cash flow, and has a few undead claws firmly grasped in the market.

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

Mine is kinda long and sad story . Will write it down after my exams in a word and then put it on. Hope i rembmer all the details :P
Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

ok i know this is really long, but if you have the time to read it i think you might like it :) plan on doing a part 2 later on. Well let me know what you think!

Hawkshadow the young Night Elf hunter started her journey like most other elves of Darnassus. She helped out around the home town for awhile, gaining the trust of many. After some time the hunter trainer decided she was ready to tame her first pet. Hawkshadow excitedly learned the ways of beast mastery and set forth to find her first companion.

For hours Hawkshadow looked around her homeland for a beast she thought would be a worthy friend. Finding nothing she set forth to Darkshore despite the warnings of her friends. Carefully looking around the shadowy island Hawkshadow watched the beasts roaming through the woods. Still she saw nothing, she felt no special calling towards any of the beasts there.

Frustrated, she set forth on the docks and decided to board a ship bound for the great city of Stormwind. Once there she asked around and headed to the Dwarf's city Ironforge, for it was rumored that there were beasts of rare and deadly value around the cities iron walls.
Hawkshadow took her first few steps out of Ironforge and was greeted with an icy blast of wind followed by snowflakes slowly swirling to the ground. Calmly ignoring the cold she walked into the woods, there she saw a wolf pack eating the still warm corpse of a rabbit.

She watched the wolves carefully moving with a grace known only to the elves. Suddenly one wolf lifted his head! Hawkshadow froze fearful that she may have taken a wrong step and they had detected her presence. The wolf studied the land with the eyes of a practiced hunter, until its gaze rested on the young Night Elf crouched next to some brush not far off. The wolf growled deep in his throat. The other wolves looked up from their meal at the wolf's growl, they too soon spotted the Night Elf. The first wolf took a step forward, hackles raised and showing Hawkshadow his teeth.

Hawkshadow watched with a trickle of fear as the wolf pack slowly advanced on her, she knew running would be pointless for while she was fast the wolves were in their own environment and knew the land far better than she. She reached up and grabbed her bow and slowly pulled an arrow to it, being careful to not cause the wolves to rush her. The head wolf eyed her instincts telling him something was amiss, he growled again, then louder. The wolf sprang from his near crouch and rushed at the young Night Elf his pack at his heels. Hawkshadow pulled the arrow, aimed and fired. With a twang the arrow sank into a furry body, one wolf fell, but the others charged on now only a few yards from the hunter's position. Hawkshadow knew she would not have time for another kill shot, she reached down and grabbed her small sword, dreading the battle to come.

Suddenly a deafening roar shook ground and from a nearby boulder sprang a white Snow Leopard, claws extended it crashed into the charging wolf pack, biting and ripping the leopard made its way through, leaving a trail of fallen bodies in his wake. The head wolf turned at the cries of his pack, and spun around the face the bigger threat. The wolf charged at the leopard and gave a horrible howl as he sprang through the air to land on the Leopard's shoulders. With a grace known to cats the leopard ducked out of the wolf's pounce. The wolf landed in a heap in the snow, but was quickly up and snarled at the white cat. The leopard eyed the wolf with piercing blue eyes, slowly its upper lip twitched and out sprang another deafening roar, the leopard leaped and locked its jaws around the wolf's neck. The wolf howled in pain and scrambled to get the cat off of him. He nipped and clawed at the leopard leaving bloody steaks against the white fur, but slowly his thrashing became slower and weaker until the wolf lay dead.

The leopard dropped the wolf's body and slowly turned around to face the Night Elf who still crouched petrified by the bushes. The leopard slowly walked towards her, growling ever so slightly. Soon only a few feet separated the elf and the great cat. Following her instinct Hawkshadow put down her sword and slowly pushed it away. "Friend" she said in elvish. The snow leopard eyed her for a moment, then slowly closed the distance between them, and placed his big fuzzy head on her shoulder.

Hawkshadow stroked his spotted white fur, and very carefully bandaged the few bloody scratches he had. "Icefang is what i shall call you my friend, do you approve of such a name?" she asked the leopard, scratching his chin. The great white cat purred slightly and she took that as a yes. Hawkshadow had found her companion and her greatest friend in the white Snow Leopard now called Icefang. Though this was only the beginning of their journey, for dark days haunted Hawkshadow and Icefang's path, darnkess that would in the end mean the death of one of them......To Be Continued.
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

hmm impressive stories makes me wish i had a talent for that aswell

migth try and think some up for my chars even tho i aint a RP'er as sutch but could be fun since my hunter has now been my char for almost 5 years

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Nightmare452
Realm: Anetheron

Unread post by Nightmare452 »

*goes and works on a RP story for hunter*
My shaman and death knight have one so I guess my hunter should as well. xP
I'll post it up whenever it's finished.(I'm lazy spec'd,might take awhile)
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Aweena wrote:hmm impressive stories makes me wish i had a talent for that aswell

migth try and think some up for my chars even tho i aint a RP'er as sutch but could be fun since my hunter has now been my char for almost 5 years
Try it, it's fun! I find that after a while even if you never intended to give a character a personality, they tend to develop one. Even through odd quirks and random things that happen in the game. For example, my rogue has developed a phobia of SCORPIDS because way back when I was leveling in the Shimmering Flats with a friend, the scorpids kept fearing me away and we couldn't figure out why (it never happened to her). So, he's a scorpid phobic, to the point when he REFUSES to even buy the minipet from the Orgrimmar tournament faction :)

Just see what little quirks and things show up when you play your chars, they can develop into whole personalities!

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons