Distractable Druid

Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Coilfang, Shattered Halls, and moar

Distractable Druid

Unread post by Kylah »

This is a story about Lucien, my Blood Elf hunter Iraelia's adopted (Worgen) son. Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Lucien looked around nervously, wiping his palms on his patchy pants. Moonglade was beautiful, yet strange and slightly frightening to the Gilnean youth. Smoothing back his pointy ears and combing his mane with his claws, he gingerly stepped into the open elven building. Inside, a pretty female Night Elf druid, appearing to be a young adult, and a female Tauren, also a young adult. The elf had dark pink skin, with pale green tattoos over her eyes with the mark of the bear. Her long green hair was the same color as the leaves on her shoulderguards, and hung over her right shoulder in a braid. A merry smile played on her thin lips, and her silver eyes sparkled happily. She wore traditional druid's garb: a padded brown robe adorned with green leaves and other plants, along with feathers and beads, and tan antlers on her forhead. She sat, one leg over the other, on a short stool across from the Tauren, who sat on the floor. The Tauren was dressed just like the elf, except with yellow and gold leaves on her shoulders and robe, and green horns. Her short fur was tan, and her chocolate brown mane was in two tufts, one over each shoulder. As Lucien entered, she turned her gentle green eyes to him, tapping her tail on the wooden floor absentmindedly.
"Ah! Welcome to Moonglade, dear. I assume you are Lucien, ah, Silver...dawn?" The elf asked, looking slightly confuse, turning to the Tauren, "Silverdawn? Isn't that a Blood Elven name?"
The Tauren smiled, rising to her hooves.
"Yes, Aresha, it is. But please, don't get hung up on the fact he's...you know." She said, glancing at the Night Elf with a stern glance.
"Oh hush, Sura! You know I won't!" The Night Elf smirked, sticking out her tongue playfully. The Tauren rolled her eyes, as she would to a playful sister.
"Now, Lucien, that is your name, right?" She asked.
"Yes, madam, Lucien Silverdawn." Lucien replied. Aresha's playful face and happiness made him feel less nervous, and Sura's gentle calmness made him feel safer and less scared of this new place.
"All right then. I am Sura Earthhoof, and this is my Night Elven sister, Aresha Moongoof." Sura smiled, bowing to Lucien.
"Mooncrier, not 'Moongoof'...How many times do I have to tell you?" Aresha laughed, waving at Lucien.
"Right, right, anyways, we hear that you wish to become a restoration druid, yes?" Sura asked, talking over Aresha, most likely on purpose.
"Yes, I do..." Lucien replied, his voice trailing off, because he was rather distracted at the moment by a moth fluttering away.
"He's absentminded enough to be a healer..." Sura whispered to Aresha, but Lucien still picked it up with his keen ears. He didn't mind, though. He sometimes even scolded himself for being so distractable, and wished that he wasn't so.
"Oh hush, Sura. Look at me! I'm distractable and I made a fine healer. Not to mention a feral cat." Aresha hissed, nudging the Tauren in the shoulder before continuing louder, to Lucien, "Well, come along then, dear. We have a lot to do!" She announced cheerfully, leading the way out. Lucien followed slowly, nervous once again.

They wandered for a while through the serene emerald forest of Moonglade, and Lucien eventually lost all sense of direction. 'What an amazing place...' He thought, 'I hope I get to come back eventua-' His train of thought was fully derailed as he was distracted and began to follow a grey moth, entirely forgetting about his trainers. The large creature led the young Worgen through the forest, disrupting many bunny and deer's forest meanderings by leading the youth in front of them. Lucien chased the moth wholeheartedly, batting at it with his hands and tripping over his own paws as he did so, tongue lolling out of the side of his mouth. Eventually he lost it in the shadows of the forest, or, rather, he stopped chasing it. Before him was a tree, but it was not an ordinary tree. It appeared, to Lucien, to be a woman, starting at the top of her thighs and leaning to one side, with leaves as hair, holding up a broad canopy of leaves as well. In front of her was a centuar-like creature like none other Lucien had seen before. He hid behind the tree, peering cautiously out from behind its "leg" to observe the creature on the other side. After inspecting him for some time, Lucien decided that this creature was the great Keeper Remulos, thus, he must be in the Shrine of Remulos! He felt his nose begin to quiver, and his ears twitched. Squinting up his green eyes, the young Worgen sneezed loudly, his entire thin body shaking for a moment. After that, he held perfectly still, absolutely frightened to the extreme, and held his breath. Remulos looked about, shuffling his hooves on the smooth, grey pavement stones. Lucien held his breath for a moment longer, but had to sneeze again. Wincing, he wiped off the smooth tree bark, hoping that sneezing on their trees wasn't a capital offense. Remulos turned with swiftness not expected for his size and trotted to the tree, peering curiously around the side and spotting Lucien.
"Why hello there, young one. May I help you?" He asked, raising one eyebrow.
"Ah, eh, I'm, ah, sorry, sir, ah, I should be going now but I'm...I'm..." Lucien stopped, realizing that he was probably babbling altogether too much.
"You're what?"
"Lost, Keeper."
"Lost? Why ever did you go and do that?" Remulos smiled kindly, easing Lucien's fears of being in trouble.
"I got distracted from my teachers and wandered off. I don't know the way back to Nighthaven, Keeper." The young Worgen said quietly, kicking the ground shyly.
"Teachers, hm? What are you training for?" Remulos asked, and Lucien couldn't tell if he was sincerely interested, or just being polite.
"I want to be a restoration druid...I...I want to be a tree." Lucien said, looking down at the ground and feeling rather silly.
"A restoration druid, eh? A noble goal, young one. This troubled world always needs more healers. Do you want a piece of valuable advice?" The Keeper asked, cocking his head to one side.
"Yes please, Keeper."
"Work on your concentration!" Remulos laughed quietly, "Nighthaven is right down the road that direction. Not too far." He said, pointing off down the road. After thanking the Keeper profusely, Lucien sprinted down the road, coming into Nighthaven and nearly tripping over a light blueish purple cat lying on the bridge.
"Oh, sorry, sorry! So sorry." Lucien apologized awkwardly, stumbling into the inn.
"No problemo, pup. I was getting worried when we lost you." The cat replied, shifting into her Night Elf form and showing herself to be Aresha.
"I'm sorry for that...I got distracted. Do you think Sura will be mad?" Lucien asked, worried.
"Ah, naw. Sura's a big teddy bear once you understand that she only seems mad because she's worried for ya." Aresha grinned, "Go home, would you? I'll deal with Su."
"But you didn't teach me anything!" Lucien protested, confused.
"Eh, you learned what you had to. I was flying over and spotted you at the Shrine and figured I'd listen in. Remulos taught you all you needed this time." Aresha smiled.
"Oh."
"Go home, work on your focus. There are plenty of tricks to working on that, so one's bound to work. Come back when you can successfully concentrate for at least fifteen minutes." She laughed, running a slim purple hand through Lucien's mane. Grabbing his bare shoulder, she pulled herself close to his chest and leaned up to whisper in his ear.
"Don't worry, dear. I had the same problem. You'll make it." She smiled, winking at him. Shifting into a storm crow, she launched into the air and fluttered away to go speak with Sura. Staring after her, Lucien grinned widely. 'I like her.' He decided as he hearthstoned home.

Iraelia looked up from her work on the kitchen counter, smiling at Lucien as he walked in from his room.
"How'd it go?" She asked, tossing him a shiny, dark red apple. Catching it on one of his claws, Lucien took a big bite out of it and swallowed before replying.
"It went ok. I got lost."
"WHAT?! Is that why you hearthed in?!" Rae gasped, staring at her son in disbelief. Lucien laughed softly, shaking his shaggy head.
"No, mum, I came home because Aresha said I should. I have some work to do anyways."
"Oh ok. That's go-" Iraelia began, but was cut off by the back door slamming open and Wykk storming in with Syrenah hot on his heels.
"Please, please, PLEASE don't do that again, Little Renah. This huuuuurrrts!" He cried, tears squeezing out of his violet eyes. Through one of his large ears was an arrow, and Lucien assumed it had come from his sister's bow.
"I'm so, so, so sorry, Wicker! I didn't mean to, I swear!" Syrenah squeaked, her hands clasped together in a fist under her chin.
"Next time when I ask for your attention, can you please not turn around and release the arrow? Please?" Wykk asked through gritted teeth, "I mean, pleeeeeeease?!" He begged, looking up at her painfully. Lucien smiled. Here was his first healing job.

Kylah
Signature by me ^^

gigandetsgirl
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Onyxia, Kalecgos, and Blood Furnace

Re: Distractable Druid

Unread post by gigandetsgirl »

:lol: Oh my gosh Kylah, you get better and better each time, this is my favorite so far!!! Lucien is so sweet, I just want to hug him. I know most druids are portrayed as wise and all-knowing; I love that Lucien is so down-to-earth and easily distracted, it's just so adorable. And Wykk.. poor, poor Wykk :lol: I could picture that last scene SOOOO well, and I love that it's Lucien's chance to heal for the first time :) Oh, I loved it so! Amazing job! I love all your characters so much :hug:

Thank you so much Litlemouse for my amazing signature! :hug:

<The Dawntreaders>
Constantyne Whitnee
Bastienne, Costin, and Willoe

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Oh that was great Kylah! I loved it!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Nahale
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nahale »

Last edited by Nahale on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I agree with the others wholeheartedly :D
Lucien is such a sweetheart and the two druids are just wonderful.

Poor Wicker though >< that must hurt like ... yeah.
Last edited by Nefretiti on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Coilfang, Shattered Halls, and moar

Unread post by Kylah »

Thank you guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much :hug: I feel sorry for Wykk...the poor guy, I pick on him so much :lol:

Kylah
Signature by me ^^