Ghostrunning for newbs. (Me, that is :D )

Saturo

Ghostrunning for newbs. (Me, that is :D )

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm just gonna' post up some pics of my hilarious adventure, running from Silvermoon to Dun Morough. I used the teleportation Orb thingie to get to Undercity, where I got my hair cut :D and then ran off trough Tirisfal into the Plaguelands, where I got repeatedly killed by a bunch of undead bears, and some Alliance NPCs, and some alliance players (for trying a concussive shot on one of the NPCs while running), they then proceeded to camp my corpse.

Next day, I continued. I ran trough Alterac, and Hillsbrad, and Arathi, and Wetlands. I then proceeded to Loch Modan, but I ran a bit too close to one of the dwarf camps there, and, stupid as i am, i got killed in the middle of it. Two attempts to ress normally and a spirit ress later I continued.

Yay! I'm in Dun Morogh! I then just ran and got my bear. Then I ran into IF to have some fun. It ended with a large amount of guards rushing towards me, and in the end a Mage one-shotted me.

Good times...

Pictures:

The first bear I encountered... Not really the kind I had in mind. Also, he killed me repeatedly (Why does everyone hate elves?)
http://img62.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsho ... 63647.jpg/

I went sightseeing in Tauren Mill too! (Check out the name of my bat!)
http://img85.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsho ... 64918.jpg/

My first encounter with those pesky dwarves!
http://img62.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsho ... 72541.jpg/

Oh right! This happened too! Spirit ress ftw!
http://img205.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsh ... 73639.jpg/

I finally got my bear, Mangeclaw. (He has respawned in the background of this image)
http://img262.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsh ... 74607.jpg/

Oh! And also, from now on I hate dwarves...
http://img85.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsho ... 74134.jpg/

(Not going to show the images directly this way, I can't figure out Fileshacks down-sizing thingie, and I doubt it'd look good. But just click the links instead, it's teh winz :D

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: Ghostrunning for newbs. (Me, that is :D )

Unread post by Ryno »

saturo wrote:Oh! And also, from now on I hate dwarves...
http://img85.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnsho ... 74134.jpg/
Hehe, agreed. Silly bearded drunks. ;)

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

^_^ grats on you new good-looking bear!
Don't panic!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Thanks, it was harder than it would seem to get it. Sometimes I would die, ress, run two feet, and then die again.

Plus, those dwarves did'nt help ONE bit!

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

saturo wrote:Thanks, it was harder than it would seem to get it. Sometimes I would die, ress, run two feet, and then die again.

Plus, those dwarves did'nt help ONE bit!
I tried this taming on a troll once. I honestly didn't think it would be that bad when I started but... :shock:

Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

Ah, I did that run when I went to snag Mangeclaw (my old buddy Baruka) at 15. Fun times. Dwarfs have a thing against Blood Elves I swear...

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

What's the idea with those guards anyway?

In a raid against Ironforge:

"Aww crap! There's five level 35 guards patrolling there! Oh well, we'll just have to turn back then."

Fizzle
Realm: EU Earthen Ring, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Fizzle »

Congrats to your tame and especially the long jurney! :mrgreen:
saturo wrote:What's the idea with those guards anyway?

In a raid against Ironforge:

"Aww crap! There's five level 35 guards patrolling there! Oh well, we'll just have to turn back then."
Well, at around level 35, hordies have to venture through Loch Modan to reach Kargath in the Badlands, so I guess those guards are there to make it more difficult for them.

"Such are the risks of the big game hunter. We toy with fate by delivering it. Yet each of us, at some point, will face fate's razor sharp teeth."
Hemet Nesingwary (The Green Hills of Stranglethorn)

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

The problem with that is that the guards I had the most problems with were between Loch Modan and Dun Morough. No sane elf (or orc) (or tauren) (or whatshammacallit) would walk trough to there in order to pvp. You could just go to Elwynn instead.

Redhawke
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Redhawke »

Hee, hee....Ever hear of a "Death Run"? Looks like you took one. Here's a better way. Run to the first thing that kills you, but DONT REZZ. Run past your body in ghost form till you are wherever you want to get to. LOG OUT. Log back in and take the rezz at the spirit healer. I got my first Polar Bear at lvl 11 in Dun Morough (sp?) that way. You run at 150% of normal speed, but you can get anywhere ANYWHERE in Azeroth this way. (See the following)

Another tip: If you are Horde, create a lvl 1, take the Zep to either Horde outpost in Northrend, and promptly die. Ghost run to Dragonblight, and head directly for the Path of the Titans. At the extreme north end of the P.O.T., you wil magically get a Spirit Flyer! Fly up to Dalaran, run to the Spirit Healer, then LOG OUT. Log back in, and take the rezz.Viola! you are a lvl 1 in Dalaran! (Or just pay a Mage to teleport you. NOT!

Aggro? Don't tell me I'M pulling aggro!
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

So does logging out counteract the new rez thing at a spirit healer?

I ask because I tried to run my Petopian hunter up to Darkshore the other day to get my moonstalker runt. She died on the way (a very vicious elemental near that pond) so I just ran the rest of the way dead and found a graveyard and spirit healer, and intended to spirit rez there. Lo and behold, I popped back at the spirit healer closest to my body in Ashenvale!

If logging counteracts this though, I will have to keep it in mind for tough runs in the future :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

yes, logging out and back in again before rezing at the spirit healer works just fine. If you dont relog she will send you back to the healer closest to your body.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Heh I was actually just deciding whether to get this bear on my <Petopians> hunter once she comes of age. After hearing your story, I juuuuust might use redhawke's suggestion. ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I remember I tried the ghost running strategy for my hordie to get a daggercap hawk. I die in the field of wolves, and so I ghost run all the way to the grave yard. Forgetting I have to log, I rezz....only to end up back where I started and, hey! Look! There's a wolf munching my face.

Then with my draenei, I thought I'd try again, thinking it'd be easier. Ended up hopping down rocks to get to a safe taming spot. Was disappointed with the bird's flight animation though. >.<
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

I didnt know about ghost running when I got my Daggercap Hawk on my Blood Elf hunter, that would have made it easier.

oh and congrats on the tame!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Thanks, I still have good ol' Albus. He'll probably stick around as my main pet until I can get a Warp Stalker. And even then he'll probably stay in my stables. He's even developed a personality of his own! He loves fish! So if I want him to attack something, I *Tosses a fish* at Van'Cleef. I actually made that a macro with Beastial Wrath.

*Toshi throws a fish on %t.*
*Albus charges, desperate to get the fish. In the process, he beats %t up pretty heavily*

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Grats on the tame and now I have to try getting a lvl 1 to Dal...just for the halibut!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Grats on the tame! Hell of run! :) I love that bear, too. My husband had it for a while. (We are both dwarves, btw.....and I for one never attack hordies unless they attack me first. And I happen to like blood elves...but yes we are bearded drunks, some of the women included! lol)