Dear My Little Pony Fans

Zuilu

Re: Dear My Little Pony Fans

Unread post by Zuilu »

This all makes so much more sense now. The original creator just sent me a PM:

"I have a series of pictures showing that the in progress ones were taken in my apartment. She waited until the sculpture had shipped to claim the work as her own. I've put in an intercept with UPS and it should (hopefully) be coming back to me. I will take more pictures when that happens.
In the mean time, please look at these, particularly the ones where I still have some of the other custom ponies shown in the background of the pictures in question. Krissy received a cropped version of this one without those pieces in the background.
On the first set, please ask Krissy to produce the original of the picture on the lower left, with the unfinished piece and the couch in the background. That one wasn't included in our email check ups.

[link]
[link]
[link]

And, as I mentioned previously, these Day of the Dead masks are seen in some of the pictures as well in progress, I have a picture of them finished, and you can also see the base of the sculpture there as well.
[link]

If you would like more proof, I can produce pictures that she did not receive of the piece in progress, as well as uncropped versions of the ones she does have.
She has all of the photos she does because I was checking in with her that her 'commission' was what she wanted.

If you would like the emails all forwarded I can show that every photo she has in her gallery came from my email address, not hers.

Thank you for your time."

Just thought I'd post this here incase anyone else was confused like myself as to why Neverforever had her Rainboom pics posted a few days before Mlpendlessnight-- TL;DR-- Neverforever bought/received this sculpture as a gift from Mlpendlessnight and posted the pictures upon being emailed them, claiming them as her own.

P.S: Sorry if this offends in any way, if it's too much/too public I can remove it. Thought others might like to have this cleared up as I have.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Oh wow...

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh dear oh me......

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

I just find it hard to believe that she was able to say it was hers and explain her process, and everything. If it isn't hers, then its all lies, and that just-- Well I don't know what to say. I'm an artist myself, so I have a hard time seeing how someone can do that. I could never take someone else's work and copy-paste it saying its mine. Even if I used their idea, I would make sure that its in my style and and credit for the original idea is given (occasionally, I may forget to give credit, but thats usually in the cases where I have turned someone else's idea, which was generally inspiration, into a completely different piece)

...I just don't know how she can reasonably say she spent hours on it if she didn't =/

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Serenith wrote:I just find it hard to believe that she was able to say it was hers and explain her process, and everything. If it isn't hers, then its all lies, and that just-- Well I don't know what to say. I'm an artist myself, so I have a hard time seeing how someone can do that. I could never take someone else's work and copy-paste it saying its mine. Even if I used their idea, I would make sure that its in my style and and credit for the original idea is given (occasionally, I may forget to give credit, but thats usually in the cases where I have turned someone else's idea, which was generally inspiration, into a completely different piece)

...I just don't know how she can reasonably say she spent hours on it if she didn't =/
I feel the same way here, one of the reasons I really didn't want to believe it. I mean, I recently started drawing and I won't even post the cat picture I did because it was inspired by one of Vephriel's DA drawings- Crazy Cat I believe. I don't think I'd ever be able to claim someone else's work as my own if I won't even post inspired artwork.
MLPEndlessNight

Unread post by MLPEndlessNight »

I don't really want to do this, because I don't want to publicly get into a confrontation...but this is really unacceptable behavior and I want to be able to answer any questions people have.
Again, my deviatart is here : http://mlpendlessnight.deviantart.com/ which has the montage of photos showing the photos in question were taken in my apartment.

I understand that I didn't post the concept art or the photos earlier, but I usually post the pieces only when done, and I would have put up in progress stuff at that time. Also, as I explained in my journal, she told me the sculpture was for her boyfriend's birthday and was a surprise. I figured that meant that I should refrain from posting pictures online in case he was an active brony and would have seen the pictures on a site like Equestria Daily or Fillydelphia.

I can produce the photoshop file of the concept art if anyone wants, I just didn't think it was worth posting online honestly. I can also produce the full sized, uncropped versions of all the pictures, including - as was quoted - ones that weren't sent over email.

Also I'd like to point out that this sculpture was made with a brushable pony, not a blind bag. Anyone familiar with the two toys will know that a blind bag RD would not have had to have her legs cut to be bent but rather to make them straight. All the information she provided can be shown to have come from emails I sent explaining what I was doing and why, I believe in very open communication with my customers and provide as much contact as I can. I guess it backfired this time. You want an even more detailed explanation of the initial blocking process? The rainbow trail is mostly aluminum foil inside, I used armature wire to make the shape and attached RD to the wire by the hole where her tail used to be. I usually boil my customs but as she's too large I had to bake her on a very low heat.

I expect part of how I was taken in is that I too have a very hard time understanding how someone can take credit for work that isn't theirs. I didn't realize something was wrong until I saw my work on DA.

Also this photo: http://mlpendlessnight.deviantart.com/a ... 7627&qo=22
shows several custom ponies that are mine, clearly, with the same background as some of the rainbow sculpture ones.

I haven't posted links to the offending DA account on mine because I don't want to start a flame war, but I have sent all the evidence to the DA staff and spoken with the owner of Equestria Daily.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zuilu wrote:
Serenith wrote:I just find it hard to believe that she was able to say it was hers and explain her process, and everything. If it isn't hers, then its all lies, and that just-- Well I don't know what to say. I'm an artist myself, so I have a hard time seeing how someone can do that. I could never take someone else's work and copy-paste it saying its mine. Even if I used their idea, I would make sure that its in my style and and credit for the original idea is given (occasionally, I may forget to give credit, but thats usually in the cases where I have turned someone else's idea, which was generally inspiration, into a completely different piece)

I feel the same way here, one of the reasons I really didn't want to believe it. I mean, I recently started drawing and I won't even post the cat picture I did because it was inspired by one of Vephriel's DA drawings- Crazy Cat I believe. I don't think I'd ever be able to claim someone else's work as my own if I won't even post inspired artwork.
The only time I've posted someone elses work is if they made it for me specifically but they always got credit and I always linked to where they posted it and said "FAVE IT OVER THERE, NOT HERE" or somethin. And the artists were always asked first. Usually they didnt mind long as I linked their posting too and had people fave it from them and not me. I never claimed it was my own work EVER. I was always very thankful for the commissions I ever got.

EDIT: Welcome MLPNight! Sorry you had to come here like this. I assure you we're friendly folk and we're very sorry for what has happened.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Oh.

This is so very strange. I...well, I can't really say I'm surprised but it just seems like a long way to go for some attention on a WoW forum, you know? Thank you for stepping in to clarify, MLPEndlessNight(if it's any consolation, you've earned a new fan here...I was wondering what to get the brony bf for Christmas anyway, might have to watch your work pretty closely now!), and thank you Zuilu for digging up evidence in the first place.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nubhorns wrote:Oh.

This is so very strange. I...well, I can't really say I'm surprised but it just seems like a long way to go for some attention on a WoW forum, you know? Thank you for stepping in to clarify, MLPEndlessNight(if it's any consolation, you've earned a new fan here...I was wondering what to get the brony bf for Christmas anyway, might have to watch your work pretty closely now!), and thank you Zuilu for digging up evidence in the first place.
(Yes! She posted a graphic! XD I've missed those. x3)

Yeah, that is going a long way, isnt it? I'm not so much angry....as I am just very disappointed.

(Also ya got a fan in me too. I might have to commission Discord sometime)

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm really sorry this has happened. I've personally experienced people who lie for no other reason than the sake of making up a better story than they think their own reality amounts to, and it's hard not to feel bad for what they are, as well as a bit creeped out.

If one positive thing has come out of this thread it's that our attention has been called to an amazing piece of work by an amazing artist. :) I'm not a brony.. in fact I've never seen the show or even heard the term till a month or so ago, but it's always great to see artwork by such talent :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I don't think it was just for attention on this site, as she seems to have posted it on numerous tumblr's and also Equestria Daily. And I, too really like the work MLPendless has done, I may need to get a pony done.. ^_^
MLPEndlessNight

Jessibelle wrote: EDIT: Welcome MLPNight! Sorry you had to come here like this. I assure you we're friendly folk and we're very sorry for what has happened.
I'm sure its usually fine, my first WoW character was a hunter! I don't play anymore but I remember the community generally being cool.
Nubhorns wrote: (if it's any consolation, you've earned a new fan here...I was wondering what to get the brony bf for Christmas anyway, might have to watch your work pretty closely now!), and thank you Zuilu for digging up evidence in the first place.
Thank you. I usually put my work up on ebay, but I do commissions as well if you'd like contact me privately. I should also have a set of Nightmare Night ponies up this week.

I want to thank Zuilu as well for alerting me to this forum, I know I can't get all the tumblers but I do appreciate another chance to stand up for my work. And I'm very glad the discussion is as civil as it could be over something like this.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hehe. Well maybe we'll get to see more of you. I'm sure you might like seeing the new hunters updates. Who knows, you might play again! As for the tumblrs, yeah you cant get all of it but news like this spreads on the internet like wildfire. :3

Zuilu, you done good. :3 You deserve thanks as well for the detective work. *nodnod*

LisaaraPokefarm

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

MLPEndlessNight wrote:
Nubhorns wrote: and thank you Zuilu for digging up evidence in the first place.
I want to thank Zuilu as well for alerting me to this forum, I know I can't get all the tumblers but I do appreciate another chance to stand up for my work. And I'm very glad the discussion is as civil as it could be over something like this.
'Tis no problem at all, I take plagiarism quite seriously and I really couldn't keep quiet once I had the hint that it might have been stolen.
Hopefully Neverforever has learned that it hurts the creator when they're a victim of art theft, and hopefully Mlp can guard her art more carefully with watermarks or something. And I do hope you get your sculpture back!

..I shall only use my detective powers for good. :twisted:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zuilu wrote:
MLPEndlessNight wrote:
Nubhorns wrote: and thank you Zuilu for digging up evidence in the first place.
'Tis no problem at all, I take plagiarism quite seriously and I really couldn't keep quiet once I had the hint that it might have been stolen.
Hopefully Neverforever has learned that it hurts the creator when they're a victim of art theft, and hopefully Mlp can guard her art more carefully with watermarks or something. And I do hope you get your sculpture back!

..I shall only use my detective powers for good. :twisted:
I demand you have a transformation sequence like Sailor Moon!

LisaaraPokefarm

MLPEndlessNight

Lots of people wrote: A ton of friendly welcomes
:oops: Wow, thank you for all the support! I guess that's the up side to this then. That and I'll be using watermarks and such in the future.

@ Jessibelle - Yeah, I had thought about doing a Gilda at some point so Discord might be a nice challenge. It would be fun to do something from scratch.

I don't want to pimp myself too much but my pony gallery is an alt account just for those customs, you can see some of my other work here http://shiankra.deviantart.com/gallery/, which I suppose is my credentials for being able to make something from scratch as well. I get kind of embarrassed when I realize people will think I only do ponies.
Note - just pay attention in the descriptions, a lot of these are from my internship at an effects studio, I try to list what exactly I did on each piece. I'm just an intern so it's mostly painting, maybe a bit of repair sculpting.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

hehe. Discord would be a fun one huh? Cause he's got so many different parts to him so you'd have to make sure each part is accurate. If you look, even the animators on the show screwed up, often switching his horns in the wrong place. XD

Ooh...*bounces off to go peek.*

LisaaraPokefarm

MLPEndlessNight

Jessibelle wrote:hehe. Discord would be a fun one huh? Cause he's got so many different parts to him so you'd have to make sure each part is accurate. If you look, even the animators on the show screwed up, often switching his horns in the wrong place. XD

Really??? Gonna go rewatch those episodes again, I hadn't noticed that. But I suppose a chaos demon could change his body parts if he really wanted to.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

MLPEndlessNight wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:hehe. Discord would be a fun one huh? Cause he's got so many different parts to him so you'd have to make sure each part is accurate. If you look, even the animators on the show screwed up, often switching his horns in the wrong place. XD

Really??? Gonna go rewatch those episodes again, I hadn't noticed that. But I suppose a chaos demon could change his body parts if he really wanted to.
Well he did remove his head.....made it into a balloon....XD

Yeah I didnt notice it til I looked closely and I was like "oh god LOL!" I think its on his wikia too.

LisaaraPokefarm

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Orly? I never noticed that o:

And how much do your ponies usually go for, Mlp?