Unexptected Twist.

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unexptected Twist.

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Unexpected Twists.

Sinn was sitting on top of his old hawkstrider Tenderfoot in the area known as The Hinterlands, Perched ontop of a small hill he surveyed the immediate area.
Behind him was what looked like an old dwarwish dwelling,the raised road to his left led towards the Alliance town of Aerie peak.
The old elf grunted as the sharp winds blew dust into his face were a long red,irritated cut still remained from the last time he had tried to bond with a beast.
As Sinn continued to survey the area he absentmindedly reached up to run his fingers over the wound flinching at the pain from touching the still raw area around the deep cut "Perhaps I am not cut out for the path of a hunter" he frowned slighgtly "Beasts do not seem to take to me .. and who can really blame them" he thought wryly.

Sinn continued to survey the area below his small perch, noting the majestic Gryphons floating above the ground gracefully, the grizzled Silvermane wolves patrolling around purposefully.
For a brief moment he contemplated approaching one of those wolves to ask it to be his companion but dismissed the idea.
Suddenly he noted a flash of darkish grey fur in the corner of his eye and before he knew it he was knocked out of Tenderfoots saddle.
Sinn landed on the ground with a hard thud knocking the wind out of him, dazed and disoriented he blinked to clear his blurred vision, he rolled over onto his back just to have his breath stolen by a large weight on his chest.
Blinking against the blood from a cut on his brow he looked up to see a large grey wolf on top of him, it's front paws on his chest and the muzzle close to his face, suddenly he heard a cultivated voice in his mind.
~What are you after hunter?~
Sinn blinked stunned at the voice he could not find his voice at first but then stammered.
- I .. no .. I .. came .. to find .. a companion..
~A companion you say? How come you do not have one already hunter?~
- I .. eh have not connected with one.
~Is that so?~
Sinn could almost swear the wolf was laughing at him, he shook his head slightly to clear out the last confusion from the hard impact.
- Yes that is so. he snapped alittle annoyed with the wolf who appeared to be mocking him but much to his suprise the wolf stepped back allowing him to sit back up.
~And exactly how do you intend to find yourself a companion?~ the voice asked, the grey wolves eyes locked with his own.
- I .. eh .. I would ask them if they would consider becoming my companion, Sinn mumbled, I do not belive in bending another creatures will to my own.
Sinn blinked rubbing his sore shoulder as the wolf began walking in circles around him.
~That is certainly a novel approach, the voice sounded slightly amused, Very well .. Because of your honesty I have decided to grant your wish~
- wha?
The large grey wolf suddenly let out a long,piercing howl making even the old elf flinch where he sat, he watched as what appeared to be a large female came padding up followed by two juveniles, both the same grey as the old wolf beside him.
~These are two of my sons, Kyvir has been chosen to become my sucessor, his brother however has expressed a wanderlust uncaracteristic to my bloodline~
Sinn watched the two juveniles, his eyebrows raising silghtly as the smaller of the two padded over to him and sat down in front of him.
~This little one has not yet been given a name as he has not yet been given a position within the pack~
Sinn almost felt bad for the young wolf when he saw it cringe at his fathers words he reached out towards the juvenile letting the little one sniff his hand he mumbled almost to himself.
- Your fur has the color of a storm cloud .. I would call you Cloud .. much to his suprise the small wolf gave a bark of approval before cringing and looking over towards its father with a worried look.
~Cloud it will be,the voice said, I take it you will take good care of my son?~
Sinn could only nod numbly, his voice failing he watched the small wolf come over and lay its shaggy head in his lap looking up at him.
~Very well~ the voice said again ~I will leave you now, Be well hunter~
- Wait .. what is your name old one? Sinn asked not really expecting an answer.
~Your kind calls me Old Cliff Jumper~ the voice answered, Sinn could feel the connection grow weaker and finally dissapear.

Whistling for Tenderfoot he reached down and looked down at his new companion "Well this was unexpected" he thought as he kneeled down and reached out to the small wolf scratching him between his ears he was rewarded with a content growl from his new friend.

- Let's get out of here shall we? start those adventures your father spoke of. Sinn said as he mounted Tenderfoot and began riding in the direction of Revantusk, his new friend ambling along beside him.

The end
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Unexptected Twist.

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Just something I wrote one evening to get my creative juices flowing.
it tells how Sinn met Cloud and takes place about 20 years or so before he meets Wildisth.

Enjoy :)
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

:)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Saydeflower
Realm: Uther, Emerald Dream

Unread post by Saydeflower »

Awww, I like it!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Bubbleme
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Bubbleme »

Love it!