Täräin's oldies and newbies - IMAGE HEAVY!

Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Re: Täräin's oldies and newbies - IMAGE HEAVY!

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Tårnfalk wrote:Roloway Monkey - Cercopithecus roloway

Goblin Shark - Mitsukurina owstoni

Treehoppers - Umbonia Spinosa

Shoebill - Balaeniceps rex

The Babirusa - seriouslly cant find the latin name on that one..

More inspiration here : https://www.boredpanda.com/strange-animals/

just saw your Rådyr text... Er du dansker ? :D
Yep er dansker! =)

Thanks for the ideas, already sketched a couple very quickly. gonna make them more detailed later/line/ink them!=)
Vephriel wrote:Really lovely artwork, I love how you depict animals. :)

For the unusual request, I thought of Amblypygi (whip spiders) if you don't mind bugs. :)
I love creepy crawlies and reptiles and... make it most animals extinct include. Only dislike parasites and ticks. Anyways also working on a rough/quick sketch work of a whip spider as what's not to like about a critter looking like a hybrid between a scorpion and spider! =)
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

My scanner butchered everything, god I miss PS for importing scans and making digital art right now, and completely killed my 2 pencil sketches so I'll have to re-scan and edit those.

The treehoppers are still a WIP as dotting/pointilism takes forever to do. I'll include the Ampyplygi once done hoping I can get a better scan of that as well. =)
Attachments
caracalanthro.jpg
caracalanthro.jpg (265.28 KiB) Viewed 920 times
cat.jpg
cat.jpg (561.76 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
uspinosaandampplypygi.jpg
uspinosaandampplypygi.jpg (402.12 KiB) Viewed 920 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Ohhh That looks amazing!! wow!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:Ohhh That looks amazing!! wow!
Thanks Tårn! =) Still hate my scanner though... XD

The other drawings my scanner killed first time, and also killed now since I had to up the contrast to max just to get the lines showing.... I miss my old all-in-one printer, it scanned far better with same settings for some reason.

Roloway monkey, was planning to probably do a pencil-only piece but since my scanner hates graphite a lot apparently.... I might just end up doing lines only, pen/ink or maybe I should do ballpoint pen as it has been a while since I did that. Though normally I sketch and draw completely in ballpoint pen only as a challenge!

Clouded leopard rough sketch and I think it's called a swallowtail butterfly but the species has a latin only name I believe... Might ink it and make decent proper markings all over the clouded leopard as well as making the markings on the butterfly more precise. but yeah for now it's just a nice kitty chasing a buttefly. Believe the butterfly species is native to the southern -Eastasian area just like the clouded leopard. =)
Attachments
monkey.png
monkey.png (920.54 KiB) Viewed 920 times
neofelisnebulosa.png
neofelisnebulosa.png (433.83 KiB) Viewed 920 times
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ahh, that ambyplygi turned out awesome, I love it! :D
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Very late thanks, Veph!=)

Some more recent stuff from my last weeks at uni before x-mas among things. I have a lot of dot drawings and others in my actual note book, but yeah I'll scan those another day!=)
Oh and I always pick the worst ref pictures and I can't draw horses for the life of me! I apologize for owning the worst scanner ever it's hard to make anything look decent even with edits! >_>;

Attachments
asioflammeus.png
asioflammeus.png (632.59 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
sabor.png
sabor.png (339.5 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
sabordoodles.png
sabordoodles.png (656.78 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
unicorn.png
unicorn.png (246.86 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
thestral.png
thestral.png (411.63 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
greencheekedamazon.png
greencheekedamazon.png (376.96 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
treefrog.png
treefrog.png (848.79 KiB) Viewed 11899 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I love your drawings! ! I think your horses are awesome! ! Have you tried a scanning app instead? Not sure if they any good at drawings but I use one for documents.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:I love your drawings! ! I think your horses are awesome! ! Have you tried a scanning app instead? Not sure if they any good at drawings but I use one for documents.
Thanks Tårnfalk!=) haha I can't narrow down the anatomy correctly and the posses I used were from the worst reference photos you could use I think!^^;
Hmm you mean scanning app to my phone or computer? It's worth looking into but since iphone is a very moody camera phone in my eyes, and most certainly does not always give me the photos I need when I look them through after..... I'm used to having occasionally worse experience with that than my scanner depending on what I'm doing. ^^;
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I use an app on my phone :)

Have you seen this sheet for drawing horses?

I think yours are super close to these! !

Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Tårnfalk wrote:I use an app on my phone :)

Have you seen this sheet for drawing horses?

I think yours are super close to these! !

Sorry for the late reply. Busy finishing up one uniproject before the next one starts!^^;

I see, might look into an app or I might end up looking through various setups for my scanner. I can't be the only one with that printer experiencing this so maybe someone online have some better settings because the ones I have always used on my old combo-printers are definitely nothing worth here which is odd as they are sorta the standard if you make digital art etc. ^^;

I have seen something similar and I even have a huge anatomy book about various things. =) And thanks!=)