Oh HAEL no.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Oh HAEL no.

Unread post by Ryno »

Yeah, so it happened to me.

I'm wandering about questing for money on my shaman. Nothing fancy OMG THERE'S LOQUE OMGWTFBBQZOR111

Here's the screenshots of how it went. Just refer to my chat log to see how it unfolds.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff27 ... 145116.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff27 ... 145246.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff27 ... 145333.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff27 ... 145409.jpg

ARRGH NERD RAAAAGE.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Re: Oh HAEL no.

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Oh man...well...that'd be one for the ignore list I suppose. :o
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

ROFLMAO

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Koona
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Koona »

Wow. That hunter is so stupid. Maybe another hunter wanted to tame him??
See what happen when you're too nice?

/facepalm

Kaïna <3

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Man...first time I looked at those I thought somebody else came along and killed it during the tame.

Then I re-read th enames and...the HUNTER did it? Srsly? couldn't take like thirty seconds to swap to BM? -_-

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

I would be raging so much if i was a hunter at that time, and that guy beat me to the party invite...I'd probably cry because i spent 6 months (of quit time) camping him every 6-8 hours everyday for everyweek during the 6 months. I flew around a few times, waiting at each spawn point for 5-10 minutes and didn't see any sign of Loque, King Krush or Aotona. I only really logged on in that 6 month break to try and get Loque and talk to friends, i never even spent more than 30 minutes looking for him everyday which is probably my downfall but you would of thought that you would have run into 1 of the rares...

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

VelkynKarma wrote:Then I re-read the names and...the HUNTER did it? Srsly? couldn't take like thirty seconds to swap to BM? -_-
Yeah, true facts. I was in such a tizzy. Felt like shouting at him as I stood there, him meleeing it to death. I logged off soon after, and during this thing no other hunter whispered me, I'm SO hoping noone else camping him was on.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I would've put /slap in a macro and just spammed it on him.

That was seriously one of the most retarded things I've ever seen a hunter do in-game. >c

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by Rethei »

How...how...how can you kill Loque >.< I havent even gotten to the level to tame him and im raging >.<
Props to Karathyriel
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

/soothe ryno there there it will all be ok ....
hes will become more of a nab then you can pwn him later it will be ok

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

/headdesk
Why? Why not FD? Why not run? WHY KILL IT?!
/headdesk

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

...yep. Another hunter who was just after the achievement of killing Loque. It's sad, but they do exist :(
And if he wasn't BM, chances are he was going to run the line "I can't afford dual-spec" past you.

I'm a level away on Kas from taming him, and I'm hoping and praying I don't encounter someone like this guy.

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

oh good grief...another hunter who needs to reroll to DK where mindless killing is appreciated.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Could someone please explain to me what's so bad about this?

If nobody tamed Loque, he would have despawned anyway, right?
No matter if killed or tamed or despawned, he will respawn, right?
The people involved were all not able or not interested to tame Loque, right?
No other hunter wanted to tame Loque at this time, even when asked, right?
So why all the fuss?

But then, I never understood the whole spirit beast stuff anyway...
Fworbin

Realm: Nesingwary, Wyrmrest.

Unread post by Fworbin »

Hunters get angry at the idea of tamable rarespawns being killed, and having a hunter do it him/herself is just adding insult to injury.
Add on that Spirit Beasts are extra-special rarespawns, and you have frothing rabid hunters in no time.
That's my take on it, anyway.
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it."

- Kreia
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

For me, the fuss is more or less because it takes like...no time at all to switch to your off-spec. It's possible this guy never DID dual-spec, but most hunters do these days, especially if they're into raiding. And if this guy was looking for Loque--since he responded to Ryno's call--he should've been specced for it.

It would have been easy to just swap to BM, drink up to refill your mana, and then tame Loque'nahak. But no--the guy had to be lazy and destroy this super-rare beast that somebody else probably would have wanted. :(

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Probably... Maybe... Might be...

Sorry, I still don't get it.

No other hunter had responded to the call. Maybe that guy didn't know about spirit beasts being tameable only for BM specced hunters. You'd be surprised how many people are not aware of their chosen classes abilities.
I didn't dual specc either for a long time as I saw no sense in spending 1000 gold in a second skilltree that would make me a damage dealer instead of a damage dealer. Just to be able to tame exotics wasn't reason enough. And right now, I think the 1000 GP wasted, as I still stick to my three favorite pets, polar bear, lynx and wolf. I was never interested in spirit beasts.

I can understand that people who actually want to tame Loque make a face when hearing this. But even if you played on the same realm, which most of you guys don't, you weren't there, obviously, to claim the tame. I never really cared about what happened on other realms. The only time I ever was pissed about what some other guy did was when we were preparing an event for the opening of Anh Quiraj, as a guild anounced that they were ready to go. And some idiot from england transferred to our realm, unceremoniously opened Anh Quiraj, took the mount and transferred back home a month later. Thank you very much. As I play on an RP realm, we had not only one hell of an event destroyed, were already over 200 players had said to come, there was a guild that had all there efforts wiped out as the doors were open now. That pissed a lot of people off.

But the killing of a rare spawn that will be respawning when no one was there who actually suffered a loss? Nope, I still don't get it.
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by Rethei »

It is the idea that right there was a spirit beast that is hard to get and the hunter had the perfect chance to tame him and yet he messed up and killed him instead. The problem is that many many hunters would have loved to been in his spot for the tame. Some hunters spend days/weeks of camping or searching to get a spirit beast, so it makes us sad to see such a thing happen >.<
Props to Karathyriel
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I still don't get it but meh... Ignore me.
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Did you stop to maybe think that maybe the other Hunter may allready have Loque tamed.. I will have to side with Karathyriel on this.. Since neither wanted to tame Loque and no other's in Shalozar did at that time.. I would have done the same thing. I have Killed Loque myself.. All I need for the Frostbitten achiev is Aotona and Icehorn.. I have tamed Loque and Skoll and Arcturis and Ghondria... And since Blizz has either not wanted to expand our slots or not care for us Hunters much anymore.. I have slowly gotten rid of a few of the Spirit Beasts... Loque and Ghondria went first; once I had tamed both the Spirit of Koosu and the Spirit of Atha... Two slots I may never get back; I will never get rid of those two.. I have a wolf and Skoll and Pitch... No more slots.. I wrestle with getting rid of any tamed beast I have, and have asked many a Guild friend to help choose which must go.. Most leave it to me to choose; my pets, my thing.. When they (Blizz) removed the TAG ELITE from our hard won pets... Taming realy doesn't mean anything any more.. They are just DPS now; sad, but true.. And Spirit Beasts just don't have the kill power they need for raids...

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed