Northrend Journals

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Northrend Journals

Unread post by Nick »

(Saw this idea on none other than the World of Warcraft forums themselves and I decided to post my two entries here as well, seeing as they allow me to actually roleplay my characters, in a sense. -Squee- -Coughs- Anyway, I'll post my longest journal entry first before I post the other. Obviously. :roll: This first one is in the POV of my level 71 tauren druid which explains why she's doing such a low level quest. :lol: The next one will be with my hunter, I promise! And with all the italics and <>'s, that's kind of like your character's out-of-journal commentary. Think of it like a in-game quest with all the <"Character" sighed before handing the key back to you with a look of sadness> thing. It makes alot more sense then.)

<What a strange journal... And more strange is the fact that it was sitting so neatly on the shrine atop Frostblade Peak in a small pool of blood, open to the first page thanks to the fluttering winds. You hesitantly move over to the alter, subconsciously aware that there was a foul aura near the shrine; something you've never felt before, even in the presence of Scourge...>

Journal Entry 1: The Beginning

I can't believe this... I'm actually, truely, in Northrend! Sure, the coldness bites at my face and there's always packed snow between my paws when I'm traveling as a lion but it's the thought that I'm actually going to be aiding the war efforts soon that get the energy pumping through my veins... What better way to fight against Arthas than to do it by hand-to-paw combat?

At the moment, I'm camped in the bitter winds of Frostblade Peak, meditating for a quest a fairly new friend, Sage Mistwalker, sent me out to do so I can progress to help him with something he saw in a dream. Something about Inner Turmoil I have to get rid of... I dunno, it didn't make much sense to me, and nothing happened when I first meditated at the shrine but ever since I set up my tent when the sun was setting and actually settled down to sleep I feel as if something is... Lurking out there, for a better choice of non-creepy words.

<At this, there is a large ink stroke across the paper. Apparently, somehing startled the author enough to make them jump violently before they seemed to steady themself to keep writing.>

Eurgh, I hate this place at night. I've been camped here for three days and I've meditated at the shrine multiple times. What am I doing wrong? Do I need an item of sorts? Maybe I should go back to Mistwalker and ask when dawn comes to chase the darkness away.

<At this point of the journal, dried teardrops spatter the page. Apparently an emotional turmoil washed over the author, making them burst into unrelenting tears that made it apparently very hard to write, as the entire next couple of sentances is written in unsteady strokes.>

I miss my home.
I miss my homeland.
I miss my love.

I know my sister, Deathly, wanted me to do my best out here but she doesn't know how stressed I am. She doesn't have a lover, to the extent of my knowing. The last I heard of her, she was exploring the frostiest region of this continent; Icecrown itself. I haven't heard from her in weeks, and it's starting to get me worried. Maybe I should fly over there and scout around as a harmless looking hawk...

<After rambling a little more on the author's sister, they seem to hop back on track of what they were saying before, but you're pulled out of reading the rest by a seemingly hungry growl from somewhere nearby. After looking around frantically, you assume it was just the wind (hopefully, atleast) before finding your place again.>

Bah. Deathly knows nothing of emotional stress; she can't possibly imagine having someone practically on the other side of the world from her, training somewhere in the lush, prehistoric-like jungles of Un'goro Crater. I had problems with thoes damn Devilsaurs that roamed the crater while I was there and I know their offspring will be as volatile to strangers as their parents. I know Irion wants to sharpen his mastery of every beast roaming Azeroth, but why must he of chosen Devilsaurs for the Old Gods' sake?! Couldn't he do what my sister did and befriend a wolf for the time being? Wait, what was that? I swear to the Old Gods, I thought I heard a sinister laughter outside my tent just now. What is this, I don't even-.

<The rest of the page seems to be blacked out by a huge ink splatter after this, but it's uncertain if the author did it or an outsider's hand had erased everything with an apparently overturned bottle of ink. Irked by the interruption of the paragraph, you flip to the next page to see if the author continued, but reel back when the only thing waiting on the next two pages are large words, obviously scratched in blood with a different, more jagged and unholy, handwriting than the author's.>

I'D SUGGEST YOU RUN, PREY...

<The sound of rapid footsteps in the snow behind you make you whirl around and let out a yell but before you can do anything to protect yourself you're struck down by what looked to be like a ink-dipped carbon copy of your own weapon, held by none other than what looked to be an ink-covered carbon copy of yourself. As you start to fade into unconsciousness, a malicious laughter can be heard at the edge of your hearing in a voice that sounds like your own, but isn't and you struggle to stay conscious but fail as the... thing appraoches you with slow and meaningful footsteps before it crouches in front of you, blade to your throat.>

"And that, fool, is why you pay attention to your surroundings before you start reading unfamiliar journals."

(By the way, feedback is welcome! xD)
Last edited by Nick on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Northrend Journals

Unread post by Nick »

<A hastily scrawled journal entry is stuck inside the book you found buried under the snow in a small crevice in one of the glaciers of Icecrown! I wonder what it says...>

January 15th Entry,

Wasteland... Every last bit of it. How in the name of the Old Gods does...

<The space is taken up by multiple scribbled out words. Apparently, whoever the author was talking about has much power to scare them into not saying his name, even in writing.>

...Manage to live here?! It's amazing, really. Even with my fur, armor, and my loyal bear trying to shield me from the icy blasts, it's no good at all.

Bah. This whole mess is partly my fault. Not the war, heavens no! Old Gods curse me if it had been me. No, it's the fact that I got my furry tail stuck between a glacier and a ravenous mob of ghouls just waiting for me to come out of my hiding spot. But they won't have this tauren's fur anytime soon! Not until I keel over from hunger and dehydration! But blast me, I'm almost to the brink of both!

I've been trying to ration my food with my pet, but the poor guy is gonna be starving soon enough if I can't get more supplies...
Why do these thing always happen to me, damnit? What did I do to deserve this? Was it because I left my little sister to fend for herself while I tried to bring a band of the strong and willing to go into Arthas' domain alone to bring the bastard down? She begged and pleaded to come with... Maybe I should've let her. It's not like she could get into much trouble by flying high over the battles to the citadel as a hawk, after all...

<A large ink splatter appears on the page after this. Apparently, something had startled the author in the middle of the thought. There seems to be a small part of feather stuck in the ink... Part of an arrow, perhaps?>

Damn, what was that? It sounded like someone tried to chuck a massive seaforium bomb at one of thoes giant metallic monstrosities in the Halls of Stone, but there's nothing like that out here... And is that claws scuttling on ice? Since when did ghouls start climbing? Oh, lords above, was that a dragon roar? Oh god, I hope it isn't a-

<The rest of the message is either too torn or bloody to make out the writing. You flip the the cover, a small spatter of blood on the writing there, but not enough to completely mask out the words "If found, please return to Deathlyholow Shadowhoof on Hunter's Rise of Thunder Bluff." You shrug it off and flip back to the overly bloodied page, knowing full well that with all this blood, this 'Deathlyholow' is now dead or dying somewhere in the frozen wastes of Icecrown. Apparently, something had finally gotten to the author in their hiding spot. Wait, is that a piece of Geist clothing caught in the blood? Uh oh...>

(My main character in WoW, and her entry is shorter than my alt's... That's sad. cx)

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

This is pretty cool! Never thought to write like this before but it's different, and I like it. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Edrawr wrote:This is pretty cool! Never thought to write like this before but it's different, and I like it. :)
I bring the magic out in people. ;) -Stomped on by Devilsaur-

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

I have to be brief in my thoughts on this cause I'm in the middle of getting ready for my shift, so I'll probably elaborate later. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the use of perspective here. We are seeing the thoughts of two personalities! So, excellence!

Gads, I have to start writing again...
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Sochi wrote:I have to be brief in my thoughts on this cause I'm in the middle of getting ready for my shift, so I'll probably elaborate later. I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the use of perspective here. We are seeing the thoughts of two personalities! So, excellence!

Gads, I have to start writing again...
Yay, people like my writing! cx

Even though they haven't yet reached the level for Northrend, I think I'm gonna add journals in for my extra two hunter alts, my other druid alt, my Death Knight (PERHAPS), and my alt rogue.
God, I'm gonn a kill myself from typing so much. :lol: