Pokemon!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Azunara »

It depends for me, really.

Let's take Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. In my mind, there is only them. That's it. They're just so unbelievably powerful that more of them just can't work. However, a lot of the legendaries aren't quite as powerful, thereby in order to keep the job well done, there is multiple of them. I mean, you have the Johto Beasts and the Crown Beasts. Obviously there's more of them. So really it boils down to strength in my mind. A legendary who controls something huge like time will probably be individual. A pokemon who has mastery over ice, like Articuno, is probably numerous.

That said, the legendaries, also to me, are usually wary of humans. They know they're powerful, and they're considerably more sentient than other pokemon. So they stay hidden to avoid capture.

Lastly, eh. Egg groups. Game mechanics in my mind. Like resurrection or level in WoW.
rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by rubybeam »

Gimlion wrote:
rubybeam wrote:Im just going to post various theorys about the pokemon world here for the heck of it.

First of all, sense in the pokerp we know deoxys is a male, or is he?.
I'm assuming because legendarys are gods they can change their gender to whatever they prefer, hence why their genderless, and why deoxys was able to breed with delora, because he choose a male form (Of course this is my theory and im not saying its that way)

Secondly, theres ALOT of hybrids. I'm thinking either
A. Arceus allowed true pokemon lovers to be able to breed with each other, even in they cant and make offspring with parts their parents have
B. Theres actually a legendary hidden somewhere thats allows true lovers to make this possible

Also why is fossil pokemon always rock type?
I'm thinking that to help remake their bodies they just copy the rock that the fossils found in (Notice that the fossil's always surrounded by rock?), and use it for the pokemons flesh
I've read that most legendaries are not technically "Gods", but rather extremely powerful, rarely found pokemon. Granted, there are a few that are exceptions, such as Arceus and those fellows, but as far as I'm aware, legendary pokemon are just that, legends. Sure they exist, but most of the myths about them aren't necessarily true. Case in point, the legendary birds. It's been shown in the anime that there are multiple Lugias, as well as the three birds. There is also likely multiple Suicune and Raikou, and possibly Entai, but it's possible it's the same ones in the several movies/episodes showing them.

The reason they are genderless in game is so people cannot breed and make many of the most powerful pokemon in the games legally.

I was just talking about our pokerp theorys, games dont apply in rps unfortantly
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Ah, I misunderstood then. I thought you were incorporating knowledge on both fronts for your personal opinion overall. However, you seem to be creating a theory for RP use? If not, I'm still confused, but if so, I completely understand. xD

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
rubybeam

yeah, when it comes to pokemon theres not much lore to work with other than pokedex entries and a few stray myths, giving lots of room to make theorys just for excuses, in my opinion at least
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

I agree. I try to keep alot of mine based off of what is said in Bulbapedia, but that is always up to be altered, not to mention that everytime a new game comes out, it can largely affect what we already consider truth, same with movies and TV episodes.

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
rubybeam

oh yes, that to!
episodes are also a great source
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Definitely. I for one, thought that there was only one Lugia, for instance, and so did a lot of people, until the episode with the baby Lugias was aired.... So really, just about any addition to the story lines can hugely alter facts.

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

For those that need something to do while camping your rare spawns here!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=247696

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

News: The Dream World recieved a small update.

We can now get a 5th berry field row and add 10 more dream pals.

Pokemon of the Week: Whiscash ((considered the worst of the Water/Ground types. High HP...Hydration DW ability....access to Dragon Dance are things that set him apart. He is still outshined by fellow third-gen Water/Ground type Swampert.... Quagsire and Gastrodon Tank better than him...not sure about Seismitoad. http://serebii.net/potw-bw/340.shtml ))
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Slapperfish

(deleted)

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Update: I have started to breed my Poliwag. Once again its proving that it hates me!

Trying to get a Modest, Dream World Poliwag with Hidden Power Grass.

Here's what I've gotten:

Ghost x 2

Flying x 2

Poison x 2

Steel x 3

Ground x 3

Pokemon of the Week: Heracross ((Major fall from grace, like other former powerhouses such as Snorlax. Heracross is still a great pokemon, but there are better Fighting types like Lucario, and better Bugs like Scizor. http://serebii.net/potw-bw/214.shtml))
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Slapperfish

(deleted)

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Slapperfish wrote:Well, I somehow forgot to catch a Braviary or two on July 4th, and now my friend is dissapoint. :C
Ironically, I was trying to do the same thing. But.. Since I have Black, and haven't played my White yet.. I couldn't get one >.< I did manage to get one off the GTS a few days later, though.

And now.. *Holds up a little Adamant natured Rufflet that Love to Eat* Meet.. Alfred! *Grins*

... No one gets it, huh? *Flails* You people need to go read Hetalia XD

ANYWHOOO. I also managed to get a Japanese Ditto off the GTS on that day, and since then have been trying to get a Shiny Rufflet. ... It.. Ain't going well.. >.>

And.. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY IT'S BAINE'S WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! *Cackles, huggling her Reshiram*
twilightsky
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Auchindoun, Terenas

Unread post by twilightsky »

Hey guys, anyone have a Spiritomb up for trade?

I looked through all my games but it appears to have gone walk about. I got quite a few: Eevees, Snorunts, Drilburs, Larvestas, Numels, Beldums a few Zoruas. I can breed Chimchars, Charmanders, Cyndiquils, Mudkips, Oshuwatts, Treekos. :)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yay Diamond. :3

Because I had two DSes, I booted up SS, traded over a cyndaquil and eevee to my Diamond, and now have the beginnings of my team. I have Gareth and Kaleb so far. Proposed team:

Gareth the Typhlosion (M)
Kaleb the Leafeon (M)
Abyss the Murkrow (M)
Willow the Sneasel (F)
Jakob the Floatzel (M)
Kyra (Pronounced keer-ah) the Pikachu (F)
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Galahandra »

I'm just sorting out a team to trade over to my Pokemon Black version from my Pokemon White, so far I have:

Tentacool (M)
Eevee (to Espeon (M))
Aron (F)
Sneasel (F)

Not quite sure what to have as my other two. I'd quite like a flier to fill one of my slots, then not too sure at all what to have as my last one. Any input would be welcome :)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Uh, tossing out my favorites:

Skarmory, because he is so BA. Seriously man.
Murkrow, another favorite because eee! Murkrow! (Could be a honchkrow, but I hate the looks of it.)
Yanmega, for personal reasons. One of my RP characters was an espeon who was mated to a yanmega. Besides, U-Turn! :D
Fearow, another favorite of mine. McKay has his place on my team.
Staraptor: I like 'em.
Senna-Umbreon

WELP, UPDATE.

So, remember how I said I was hatching Rufflets to get a Shiny? Well, Monday, around 8 PM... I was watching TV on the couch, mindlessly doing my "BIKE BACK AND FORTH TIL EGGS HATCH" thing in Black.. At one point, an eggs starts to hatch, but I only acknowledge it and keep watching TV. A few seconds later, I look back at my game.. And there's a brown Rufflet staring back at me.

And it only took around 400 eggs. And almost a week. It felt like forever though.. So I'm obviously not cut out to be a Shiny Hunter XD

BUT! It's my VERY first true Shiny in Black! The only others I've gotten are from the GTS or my friends! It's also my second ever Shiny! (The first being my female Nidoran in HeartGold last year. So, technically, this is my first Shiny in a main game, as my main 4th gen game is SoulSilver and not HeartGold, and in 5th gen.. Well, I haven't even played White yet despite having it XD)

The little guy turned out pretty well, too.. Careful nature, is Highly Persistent AND has Sheer Force! He ended up being named Tuari, which is a Native American name that means "young eagle". And he's already lvl 75! He's already fitting in with my team great, too! (Though now that I think about it, I never did mention that I dropped my Galvantula from my team, did I..? Well, I ended up doing that. I love the little guy, but story-wise.. He just wasn't.. Working. However, Tuari is already working great. I guess it was a good idea to plan ahead for when I did get him XD)

SO YEAH. That's my update. I should probably get back to training soon.. XD
Senna-Umbreon