Pokemon!

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Rubywashere »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:I can understand the rp, since most rp ignores lore, but I've become a bit of a stickler for lore (especially after a couple of my favorite franchises have butchered it) and this is one of the few instances where I just can't relent on it. They're lengendaries for a couple of reasons, one being that there's not many of them. Zekrom, Reshiram, Mewtwo, and a couple others will always be one of a kind to me.

I used to rp a lot (tons of DnD amongst other things) and the possibilities were endless. But we also had our own worlds and so didn't have to follow preset lore. I suppose if you're following pokemon in an alternate universe, then there could easily be multiples (weren't the dungeon games like that?) But for the official universe...some are just one of a kind.
Actually the anime has shown to have multiple legendaries, if I remember correctly there was an episode about ash having to save a baby lugia. Um pokemon is also.....kinda everywhere. The anime, Games and Cards each have their own separate lore.
I don't think theres Delta pokemon in the games, or anime for that matter. The Anime has so much more 'canon' locations and info on pokemon and its really all up to the fan to mix and match what they want.
There isn't really an official 'lore canon' because of this.

Besides as far as I know most pokemon roleplays are AU's

Im also trying not to be rude here, I may point out. Trust me I can be a lot meaner if I wanted to, and im trying my best to be polite here, so please if you could, do not excuse me of being rude or jumping on you. Im not.

My personal headcanon for legendaries is theres a "Head" for different roles. The main legendary being by far the most important and stronger than the rest.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Just want to point out people are allowed to have different opinions, and what Max thinks can be different from what other people think and that's okay. It's not like it's that big a deal. /shrug There really isn't a right or wrong opinion.

Edit: I know people are not trying to be hostile and are being careful not to but I just wanted to point it out.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I still think team rocket's uniforms are the best. There I moved the topic along.
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Of course, Azu, people do have opinions, but I'm sorry for being the tiniest bit offended by the idea that our RP universe "does not follow the lore" just because of some tweaks we do. You know very well that our universe does follow the lore the best it can (And come on, Pokemon's "lore" isn't exactly CONSISTENT.), even if we do make some little tweaks here and there. And that somehow, not strictly following lore makes an RP an alternate universe from the official universe. I just.. Don't understand that particular logic. I admit, I may have seemed hostile at first, but this RP universe is honestly quite special to me, as you also very well know. Opinions are fine, but automatically deeming someone else's RP universe "non-official, alternate universe" just because it doesn't follow THEIR specific and strict views of "lore" isn't exactly just stating an opinion.
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:I still think team rocket's uniforms are the best. There I moved the topic along.
Team rocket does have a pretty cool uniform! Its my secound favorite needs to Team magma and team aquas
Senna-Umbreon

Team Magma has the best uniforms. End of story.

P.S. Team Magma rules! Down with those sea-loving dolts in Team Aqua! >:D

(Disclaimer, because SOMEONE is bound to take that the wrong way, I am just joking around. XD Although Team Magma IS still the best!)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Rubywashere wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I still think team rocket's uniforms are the best. There I moved the topic along.
Team rocket does have a pretty cool uniform! Its my secound favorite needs to Team magma and team aquas
Team magma and team aqua are tie for my 2nd fave. Funny how our faves are just flipped upside down XD

I wonder who will be the bad guys in X & Y.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I didn't say all legendaries were one of a kind, just some cause of their backgrounds. I know about Lugia, and I understand they have seperate lore (I have tons of cards and played almost all the games, haven't watched the anime in a long time cause....eh.) But some of them are still one of a kind, canon-wise.

I think for just about any rp, canon has to be thrown out the window (did that for TF rp I've done, never done pokemon tho, mostly cause I never knew anyone into it lol).

Nah you're fine lol. I hope you're not taking me as rude either, I'm trying not to be.

I have my own TF universe that's huge and has it's own lore, but I do try to keep it seperate from canon and consider it an AU cause I know it's not canon (as much as I wished it was lol).

Also, Team Rocket had ballin' uniforms. Tho I did like Team Peta, I mean, Plasma uniforms too heh.
Senna-Umbreon

I honestly don't think it's fair to just say one HAS to throw canon out the window for a Pokemon RP. Besides, with the multiple canons, (Like, come on, Mewtwo exists in Mystery Dungeon, where humans generally don't exist. Or Pokemon Conquest, for that matter! You can't put Mewtwo's main game lore into that! XD) it's hard to say that ANY RP that at least tries to somewhat follow the lore/canon has completely thrown canon out the window by just tweaking a few things. (Such as more than one Mewtwo, since obviously the canon for it can change depending the the setting. Sure, the PokeRP-universe does take place in the main games' canon, but really, tweaking a few things about canon does not equal "throwing canon out the window". XD)

Really, I think it's perfectly possible to have an RP universe with its own lore that can ALSO roll with the official lore in some way. I mean, hey, the PokeRP group have done it! At least, in my eyes, we have! XD
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I thought mystery dungeons were alternate universe already? Can't remember exactly...

Most rp try to follow the general lore, if not specific details, cause, let's face it, it would be almost impossible to rp anything if you did!

I actually wouldn't mind seeing your rp (not playing in it, just curious to the stories and such) cause there are some really good fan stuff that's often better than the original lore.
Senna-Umbreon

Yup, PMD is an alternate universe, and Mewtwo exists there. That's my point. XD Canon for Mewtwo can be changed, depending on the setting. So technically, there's not only ONE canon for Mewtwo!

And I do agree, it's impossible to stay COMPLETELY true to lore, but that doesn't mean an RP has to completely do away with it! XP I like being able to go with both canon lore, at least mostly, and being able to put one's own canon into an RP. It makes it really fun, generally!

Well, we don't really have any big major RPs going anymore, but our two original RPs, Wrath of Deoxys, and Rise of the Shadows are still hanging around in the RP section on here, if you ever want to take a shot at reading them. They're REALLY long, particularly Rise of the Shadows. And they're really confusing at times, but they were amazing stories. XD (Although if you really wanted, I could at some point try and explain the rest of the stories in the universe's canon, since pretty much all of it has taken place off of the forums every since Rise of the Shadows ended. XD)
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

MaximumOverdrive wrote:I didn't say all legendaries were one of a kind, just some cause of their backgrounds. I know about Lugia, and I understand they have seperate lore (I have tons of cards and played almost all the games, haven't watched the anime in a long time cause....eh.) But some of them are still one of a kind, canon-wise.

I think for just about any rp, canon has to be thrown out the window (did that for TF rp I've done, never done pokemon tho, mostly cause I never knew anyone into it lol).

Nah you're fine lol. I hope you're not taking me as rude either, I'm trying not to be.

I have my own TF universe that's huge and has it's own lore, but I do try to keep it seperate from canon and consider it an AU cause I know it's not canon (as much as I wished it was lol).

Also, Team Rocket had ballin' uniforms. Tho I did like Team Peta, I mean, Plasma uniforms too heh.

No worries I didn't think you were rude or anything c:

according to the GRAMPS theory the next team should start with an S
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I do like how Team Plasma are a pisstake of PETA. :lol:
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I feel like such a derp. I must've somehow misread the date, cause I went to GAME today to pick up Gates to Infinity, noticed the 'coming soon' stickers were still on the boxes, asked why... and they said because it's released tomorrow. URRRRRRRRRG. I felt so derpy omg. I guess I'll go tomorrow then. Luckily it won't be the same GAME store so I don't have to risk embarassment. xD

I know it's been out in the USA for a month or two now though, what did you guys make of it? *Thinks there might've been some form of convo about it up there but cba to read it all*

Ohohoh and I FINALLY got some of my friends to play the online TCG with me! They're so into it that we all went today to get our first decks and booster packs, for now I'm collecting Plasma Freeze. :D ... My BFF got an EX in his first pack though. WAT. I'm more into collecting cards than playing with them, so I think I'll redeem the online codes, play online and collect the sets irl. Sounds good to me~

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Senna-Umbreon

I very much enjoyed Gates to Infinity! It's a LOT different from previous PMD games, but quite frankly, despite how annoying some differences can be at times, I did enjoy the game a lot anyway. XD
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

The official reviews for Gates of Infinity were pretty "meh" overall, a lot of complaints that the dungeons are too easy/all the same. But if you don't mind that, it sounds like a fun game! I've heard pretty good things from friends who played it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Snowy wrote:I feel like such a derp. I must've somehow misread the date, cause I went to GAME today to pick up Gates to Infinity, noticed the 'coming soon' stickers were still on the boxes, asked why... and they said because it's released tomorrow. URRRRRRRRRG. I felt so derpy omg. I guess I'll go tomorrow then. Luckily it won't be the same GAME store so I don't have to risk embarassment. xD

I know it's been out in the USA for a month or two now though, what did you guys make of it? *Thinks there might've been some form of convo about it up there but cba to read it all*

Ohohoh and I FINALLY got some of my friends to play the online TCG with me! They're so into it that we all went today to get our first decks and booster packs, for now I'm collecting Plasma Freeze. :D ... My BFF got an EX in his first pack though. WAT. I'm more into collecting cards than playing with them, so I think I'll redeem the online codes, play online and collect the sets irl. Sounds good to me~

All I do with the TCG is try and get one card of each Pokemon. I've nearlly got all of Gen 1 & 5. Tho I mostly buy mine from Trademe(basicly NZ ebay) for like 100 for $10 as it's like $10 a booster here so it works out fine be me :lol: and the lady who I buy from is very nice and will try and put certain cards in if you ask! (well if she has any of them that is)
Senna-Umbreon

LupisDarkmoon wrote:The official reviews for Gates of Infinity were pretty "meh" overall, a lot of complaints that the dungeons are too easy/all the same. But if you don't mind that, it sounds like a fun game! I've heard pretty good things from friends who played it.
Too easy? Pfft. Even if they were generally easy, enemy-wise, I found the dungeons themselves FAR from easy! XD They were horribly annoying to clear. Dear Arceus. XD I was getting bored to death GOING THROUGH A 15 FLOOR DUNGEON. Even if the enemies were easy in most cases, the LAYOUTS of the dungeons were RIDICULOUSLY annoying. XD
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I really am enjoying the new MD game, and I am not generally one who enjoyed the other MD games. But this time around I am really enjoying the dungeons, some easier then others. The layouts can be a bit annoying...especially really long paths. Currently I am working my way through the Great Glacier, trying not to get poisoned to death. I do find it annoying when there is a sharper turn and all but one pokemon follows me through and the other one just kinda wonders around the room and then off on their own. Meh, try to find the stairs fast and get everyone back together.

I am also having fun doing the missions to get items to make stuff at Paradise. I've a few shops set up now.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Maybe I shoulda stated I've never played any MD games before. (': I heard it doesn't directly follow from any others though so that's why I'm cool with buying it. I've heard good things overall from Pokémon fans and, as Lupis said, I've heard that it's 'meh' from general game reviews. Eurogamer, who I normally find rather trustworthy (and I attend their cons every year so I try to pay attention to them.) gave it a 5/10 and said it was pretty boring, to put it simply. I still think I'll get it though. Going tomorrow to pick it up. And yes, I double checked the date this time. xD

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)