Pokemon!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Lupis »

Redith wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:So, funny story. The other day, I decided that I wanted to try Masuda Method breeding. After all, I haven't beaten the game yet, so I can't try chaining with the Pokeradar- breeding seemed like the best way to find shinies short of that. And due to being lucky and finding a very generous person over Wonder Trade, I had a japanese ditto. I also had a little Froakie. Okay, I thought. I know shiny Greninja is pretty bamf, I'll look for one of those.

...I probably should have looked up what shiny Froakie looked like. Forty-seven eggs later, I was staring uncomprehendingly at a newly hatched Froakie, trying to tell if it was a few shades lighter than the others or if my screen was just tilted wrong. It was, and I was happy- but talk about delayed reaction. I had to go into the summery to realize that it was actually the shiny I was looking for. x.x Now to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with it because my Dragalge is essential to my team.

(Also anyone want a female froakie? I have six.)
Wow that actually works? What if I have a Japanese Chesnaught, and an American ditto? Does that have the same chance of making a shiny bugger?
Yup to both accounts- it works, and any combination of different-country pokemon has a higher chance of breeding a shiny. So if either parent is from a different country than the other parent, shiny chances are higher!

Keep in mind 47 eggs is pretty lucky and a lot of people still need to hatch a few hundred eggs to get their shiny. But it's still much better chances than trying to find one in the wild, and if you're up to hatching eggs, it's easier than chaining- at least for me.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

i was oringaly gona breed my 2 charizards but they are both males so thats not gona work.if i do get a shiny eevee i would like to evolve it to an unbreon.the dark type eevee is still my fav dispite my silveon getting into both my hall of fames.thinking about keeping a few charmanders though when my boxes get full.mainly the ones with better stats might have start EV training or something.or i can just enjoy the sea of my fav pokemon.i shall have a charmander army!

random pokemon trainer:"whats with all the boxes of charmanders?
me:"i got them when breeding for a shiny these or the FEW i kept.hehe"
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

HunterFTW wrote:question does noibat get better stats when he evolves.i have been want to train this pokemon but he just seems week and can't even 1 hit enimys even when he has the type advantige.is just me haveing a bad noibat?
Noivern is VERY fast, and has a pretty decent special attack. I absolutely <3 mine. So, like a few others have said, give it Dragon Pulse, and Air Slash has been working well on mine so that's also a move worth trying. ^_^
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I never really cared for the Roselia line so I've never had one, but I just restarted my X and am trying to really fill the Pokedex the best I can. Ended up catching a Budew and leveling her up a bit and holy crud she's kinda strong.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

I used a Roserade in Platinum and I loved him, for what it's worth. Probably because of that I associate all my Roserades to be male now, heh.
If you go ahead with using one I recommend waiting on using a shiny stone until Roselia learns Petal Dance (36?ish), maybe Aromatherapy I don't know what sets people like to run. :) . And then if you've gotten Sludge Bomb TM that's a nice thing to teach it too. I haven't checked if it can learn Dazzling Gleam? If so that could be good. I have a Roserade for dex completion wtih a Petal Dance / Giga Drain / Grasswhistle / Toxic Spikes and I'm unsure if I want to replace anything yet because there's a lot of moves Roserade can't learn at the Move Relearner, heh.

So I'm in this amazingly good mood because I hatched my shiny Bagon, which I was breeding to be as close a replica to the old shiny Bagon I had (and lost in a cart save wipe) in Emerald. Shiny Bagon was my first shiny, but now is my second, heheh, behind my shiny Deino (who is now a Hydreigon and is actually a REALLY GOOD POKEMON. Great nature, pretty good IVs, and he took on B2's Elite 4 all by himself :3 I've seriously never been so happy about a Pokémon before in my life until I hatched Atramedes. He is my legacy.).

Lime Green Dragons, man, they like me.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Lucky!! I've gotten the lamest shinies. I'm pretty sure I'd be better off without them. The only good one I got was a Horsea and my lil bro deleted the game T.T On Black I got a shiny...........Vanilluxe -_- No kidding (no offense to anyone who likes that Pokemon) Of all the shinies to get, I got my absolute least favorite Pokemon -_-

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Jurz, my first ever legit shiny was my shiny Dugtrio, one of my least favorite ever shinies and pokemon. xD But then I got my Froakie so not all is lost.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I've had, or at least, seen two legit shinies and no more xD I caught in my third restart of Ruby a shiny Sandshrew which was my first one, and I was derping around my old Silver for a while once and I hopped in the water in the town you begin in and ran into a shiny tentacool. I had no pokeballs for the tentacool. I had no pokeballs at all. ;-;

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Jurz, my first ever legit shiny was my shiny Dugtrio, one of my least favorite ever shinies and pokemon. xD But then I got my Froakie so not all is lost.
I was tempted to soft reset for a shiny Froakie but...I get tired after 2hrs...so I moved on

On Platinum I'm still standing in front of Giratina because I still haven't gotten him to appear shiny T.T So many hrs of SRing!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

So far no shinies in X
But haven't really been looking for any yet.
In Black/white I found so many shiny Audino's it stopped being funny...that was while I was leveling pokemon up via shaking grass. Thete was a shiny rattatta that appeared in B2, in the sewer and Bianca KO'd it...Hate that Btch...T.T

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I've been pretty lucky on the shiny front. My first ever (aside from the Gyarados) was a shiny Rattatta on Gold. Then in that same playthrough I managed to hatch a shiny Pinsir. I caught a shiny Golbat in Crystal, after the Elite Four of course... Then, in Sapphire I caught a shiny Wingull somewhere around the 6th or 7th gym. In Emerald I caught a shiny Electrike, and later transferred her to Diamond.. sadly, I lost that game on a plane ride, otherwise I might still have her today. In Leaf Green I found a shiny Sandshrew, but accidentally fainted it. I caught a shiny Venonat later on, though. The next shiny I caught I didn't find until Platinum, but that was a shiny Buneary. I traded her to Soul Silver and she's still sitting around on that game, I just need to find a way to get her to gen V and then VI, but that won't be for a while yet. I think I also found a shiny Foongus on Black version, but I restarted that game so even if I had caught it I don't have it any more. It's a lot of shinies, but due to a mix of losing games or restarting them, I only have one left at all.

So far on X, though, nothing. Not even a hint of a shiny, although a friend of mine said she caught a shiny Braxien in the Friend Safari earlier today!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

My first ever shiny, Gyarados aside, was a Donphan on Silver. I was just dinking around in Silver Cave looking for a Larvitar when she showed up. She didn't have the greatest stats, but I absolutely loved her earthen red-brown coloration on Pokémon Stadium 2. Then in crystal, I caught a shiny Scyther who I loved to death, it's just a shame there was never any way to transfer 'mon from Gen II to Gen III and onward, and I'm too terrified to turn either cart on in fear of the battery erasing my saves.

I never found any in Ruby, which is a good thing since I ended up losing it a few years ago. I ran into a shiny Oddish on one of my Emerald playthroughs while leveling up my (male) Kirlia, and darn near killed it due to not noticing the difference in color till after I'd selected an attack. Luckily, I managed to catch him, and I leveled him on my team and eventually evolved him into a Bellossom, who I then gave to a close friend of mine who lives in the UK. In FireRed, I caught a shiny Meowth who I gave to my boyfriend's youngest sister. In Diamond, I caught a shiny Golbat who I transferred over to Black, and plan on transferring to Y come December. In Platinum, I caught a shiny Geodude who I used on my team and later evolved into a Golem with my best friend's help.

I never found any shinies on my Black, White, or Black2 carts, but my best friend did breed a shiny Charmander and a shiny Rufflet for me using the Masuda Method a few months back. Both are now a Charizard and a Braviary respectfully, and I plan on transferring my boys to Y along with Sylph, my Golbat.

I'm in a dilemma when it comes to my Golbat, though. I love shiny Golbat's jade green coloration, but I love Crobat so much more, but its shiny color (bubblegum pink)... not so much. So, should I evolve her or leave her as she is?
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I'll be honest, Crobat's pink and green coloration is the main reason I was so determined to fit one in on my (hacked in) Poison-type team on Heartgold. Which, speaking of which, I still need to beat. I just really like shiny Crobat, so personally I'd evolve her- if anything that jade sort of sticks around, if only on the wings. Abilities/power wise, though, I dunno!

I played the heck out of Black and HG without a single shiny, though- even after tons and tons of soft resets for shiny Ho-Oh. Ended up just hacking a bunch in because I gave up. So getting two already in Y is magical.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Ohhh another memberable shiny is my "Baily" pidgey I caught at the very beginging of my Nuzlock game in soulsilver!! I still have her ^^ she's my precious baby and I will not allow her to die!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've never seen a shiny in any pokemon game I've ever played. :( Well, except for the most recent event ones, but I don't count those since they were just given to me. So to clarify, I've never found any shiny pokemon on my own. :(

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

The only legit shiny I ever actually ran into was a Graveler. It proceeded to go kamikaze on me. >.>;

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Jurz wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:Jurz, my first ever legit shiny was my shiny Dugtrio, one of my least favorite ever shinies and pokemon. xD But then I got my Froakie so not all is lost.
I was tempted to soft reset for a shiny Froakie but...I get tired after 2hrs...so I moved on

On Platinum I'm still standing in front of Giratina because I still haven't gotten him to appear shiny T.T So many hrs of SRing!
I bought a used Plat a while back that was almost to Girantina. I got to him and the first time I encounter it was shiny. I didn't even notice until I went to my PC that was how a shiny one looked because I had never encountered a Giratina before that xD

Siggy under construction!

HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

day 2 of charizard breeding for a shiny charmander.i plan on nameing my shiny charamander but nots sure what though.thinking of Zero or Dark if its a male or cynder if its a female but i feel that would be common female name.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Only legit shiny I've encountered myself has been the shiny Vulpix I spent months hunting for. My reaction when I found it... Otherwise, a friend gave me a shiny Liepard. I have the event shiny Dialga, Palkia and Giratina... aaaand... that's it. Maybe I should chain fish...

Although I'm thinking about hatching some eggs for a shiny Eevee, for a shiny Umbreon. (Because shiny Espeon is ew.)

I'm still looking for a few more Vivillon patterns though. If anyone has Sun, Icy Snow, Sandstorm, Monsoon, Jungle or Archipelago, please let me know! I can't offer much in return sadly, though I do have an unlimited supply of Garden Vivillons?!

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Bowno wrote:
Jurz wrote:

I bought a used Plat a while back that was almost to Girantina. I got to him and the first time I encounter it was shiny. I didn't even notice until I went to my PC that was how a shiny one looked because I had never encountered a Giratina before that xD
This makes me want to cry T.T Giratina was my absolute favorite in gen 4, and was arguably my absolute favorite legendary before Reshiram. I love the blue color his shiny form has (most of my favorite shinies tend to be blue :lol: )

I got the event one but...it's not the same...it's already level 100 :( Oh well. One day I will get my baby in shiny form

FINALLY got to play again (had 4 tests this past week) Just got to the second gym :(

Team thus far;
Zabuza (Male Frogadier) lvl 28 (Gotta have my starter :P )
Bluestar (Female Charmeleon) lvl 28 (Love her but will probably replace her...MEGA AMPHY HERE I COME!)
Mufasa (Male Litleo) lvl 28 (This boy here...he's my favorite <3 )
Norberta (Female Noibat) lvl 29 (Evolve already T.T )
Godzilla (Female Tyrunt) lvl 20 (She's so darn cute!)
Carrie (Female Espurr) lvl 20 (I freakin' love her)