Pokemon!

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Redith »

Slapperfish wrote:
HunterFTW wrote:day 2 of charizard breeding for a shiny charmander.i plan on nameing my shiny charamander but nots sure what though.thinking of Zero or Dark if its a male or cynder if its a female but i feel that would be common female name.
How about Ebonflame (male) or Cindera (female)?

Or maybe even Nefarian or Onyxia! :lol:
I Named my female Charizard khaleesi LOL
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Anyone want a Vulpix... or two? Seriously, I have at box full of them as I attempt to hatch a shiny. .-.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Shinies, eh?

The first shiny I found was a shiny geodude in...oh, I want to say Fire Red? Of course, having never seen a shiny and seeing this gold geodude on my screen, my immediate thought was this was a glitch geodude and if I caught it my game would be fried. I did not catch it. You can imagine how I felt later. xD

The second shiny was also Fire Red--my brother wanted to make a gastly army, and ended up finding a shiny gastly! He's still chilling on my Black copy.

The next shiny was in Y, and it was a shiny trapinch. Was pretty damn pleased. Gonna raise it some point or another.

I'm currently lazily looking for a shiny purrloin and actively trying to get a (male) shiny manectric. So far all I found was a shiny pacharisu, which went to a friend.

And I still need a normal FS with eevee, bah.
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Azunara wrote: trying to get a (male) shiny manectric. .
If you somehow manage to get a female, I would so trade you my soul, possibly my firstborn too :P
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

Slapperfish wrote:
HunterFTW wrote:day 2 of charizard breeding for a shiny charmander.i plan on nameing my shiny charamander but nots sure what though.thinking of Zero or Dark if its a male or cynder if its a female but i feel that would be common female name.
How about Ebonflame (male) or Cindera (female)?

Or maybe even Nefarian or Onyxia! :lol:
oh i like Onyxia.i may name him/her that sense its a male and a female dragon name.thanks.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Kirrandria wrote:
If you somehow manage to get a female, I would so trade you my soul, possibly my firstborn too :P
Heh, if I ever find one, I'll be happy to let you have it. You'll just have to give me a FC and a name (unless you want the name to be a surprise and/or the species). Bonus points if you find me a FS with an eevee. /bashes skull against keyboard
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I had a shiny Magikarp once.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Azunara wrote:Shinies, eh?

The first shiny I found was a shiny geodude in...oh, I want to say Fire Red? Of course, having never seen a shiny and seeing this gold geodude on my screen, my immediate thought was this was a glitch geodude and if I caught it my game would be fried. I did not catch it. You can imagine how I felt later. xD

The second shiny was also Fire Red--my brother wanted to make a gastly army, and ended up finding a shiny gastly! He's still chilling on my Black copy.

The next shiny was in Y, and it was a shiny trapinch. Was pretty damn pleased. Gonna raise it some point or another.

I'm currently lazily looking for a shiny purrloin and actively trying to get a (male) shiny manectric. So far all I found was a shiny pacharisu, which went to a friend.

Shiny...Trapinch...I've always wanted one T.T You guys get the coolest shinies while I get freakin' floating ice cream cones for shinies T.T BAH!!

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Azunara wrote:
Kirrandria wrote:
Heh, if I ever find one, I'll be happy to let you have it. You'll just have to give me a FC and a name (unless you want the name to be a surprise and/or the species). Bonus points if you find me a FS with an eevee. /bashes skull against keyboard
I had a shiny female Manectric named Mika back in my Emerald then traded to Diamond that I sadly lost on a plane ride. By that point she had earned a permanent spot on my 'dream team' of Pokemon (Or really, more my RP team. I dunno, they're the Pokemon who've developed the most character? The ones I grew most attached too? ._.), so I've been dying to get one again xD Sad that Electrike is Y exclusive, else I would try to chain it.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

So I got birthday money last night and I'm ordering a Sylveon plushie and a Sylveon cell phone charm I think.. :lol:

I like stuffed animals. *slinks away*

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Zarai wrote:So I got birthday money last night and I'm ordering a Sylveon plushie and a Sylveon cell phone charm I think.. :lol:

I like stuffed animals. *slinks away*
No shame in that! I love stuffed animals!

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Jurz wrote:
Azunara wrote:Shinies, eh?

Shiny...Trapinch...I've always wanted one T.T You guys get the coolest shinies while I get freakin' floating ice cream cones for shinies T.T BAH!!
At least you got a shiny...*sitting here since Yellow shinyless* Can't even get one on the pokeradar...
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

So I'm masochistic and started a Masuda hunt for shiny Murkrow. But I kind of like Masuda hunting, so that's fine with me! I'll probably try to find a Dark safari so I can hunt for a shiny Liepard too.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

OH MY FREAKING GOD SHINY EEVEE SHINY EEVEE!

I had literally only just started hatching eggs when BAM this little girl appears after only 22 eggs! Not to sound unappreciative but I didn't actually want it yet. xD I was looking for a Careful nature to breed into a shiny Umbreon when she appeared. She has a Mild nature which isn't *too* but, but lowers defense sadly. :/ I'm not sure what to do with her yet. Since she's female I might go ahead and give myself a shiny Espeon, even though the colours are meh, but Espeon is one of my favourite Pokémon of all time. I reeeeeeeally wanted a shiny male Umbreon. xD

I'm gunna think this through. Or unless someone can offer me something awesome for her... (;

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Snowy wrote:OH MY FREAKING GOD SHINY EEVEE SHINY EEVEE!

I had literally only just started hatching eggs when BAM this little girl appears after only 22 eggs! Not to sound unappreciative but I didn't actually want it yet. xD I was looking for a Careful nature to breed into a shiny Umbreon when she appeared. She has a Mild nature which isn't *too* but, but lowers defense sadly. :/ I'm not sure what to do with her yet. Since she's female I might go ahead and give myself a shiny Espeon, even though the colours are meh, but Espeon is one of my favourite Pokémon of all time. I reeeeeeeally wanted a shiny male Umbreon. xD

I'm gunna think this through. Or unless someone can offer me something awesome for her... (;
/screeching

I'd be SO happy to take her off your hands for you! I've wanted a shiny sylveon forever, and a female one would be absolutely the BEST. Uh, the only shiny I have in return right now is a shiny flygon (well trapinch but I can evolve it if you want), but I can do some hunts for other stuff, since I have a Jap. ditto and access to a few FSes.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I just beat the E4. Very pretty place btw, especially the individual rooms. My Flygon and Delphox tore through the fights like candy ^^ Interesting ending, made me fell happy for him.
Got Chespin from Shauna, and now need to head to where ever it is Sycamore is waiting at.

My final team for the E4 was:

Delphox, Flygon, Pikachu, Pyroar (m), Toxicroak, and Talonflame.

Now I suppose I need to go through and start shiny hunting, and find all the Mega stones I can get in X and start on Version Y.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Azunara wrote:/screeching

I'd be SO happy to take her off your hands for you! I've wanted a shiny sylveon forever, and a female one would be absolutely the BEST. Uh, the only shiny I have in return right now is a shiny flygon (well trapinch but I can evolve it if you want), but I can do some hunts for other stuff, since I have a Jap. ditto and access to a few FSes.
I'll get back to you on this. I might be a little attached to her already. D: I'm gunna decide tomorrow whether to keep her or not.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

"Just to pass along a warning to those who wonder trade. Due to people trying to wonder trade off hacked pokemon, they will appear as "Bad Eggs". They cannot be traded or released, and they will multiply until it fills all of your boxes. This will also delete any of your pokemon that are stored in your boxes as it will replace them with bad eggs. Trade at your own risk!"

"Okay, just to follow up on our previous post about the "Mystery Egg" issue, here's what we know at this point.

The earliest report we have of the Mystery Egg glitch is from a player who posted a video to Youtube shortly after the games were released. This video can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjsySmLeBS0

At this point in time, it is not clear exactly how these eggs appear in your game. While there have been some people recently warning people about the potential of receiving these eggs via Trading and Wonder Trade (most notably, suggesting that hacked Pokémon traded via Wonder Trade may appear as these eggs on the receiving end), we cannot at this stage actually confirm that this has occured. It may be that this is simply an unfortunate glitch like the Lumiose City save glitch. If so, we hope that Nintendo and Game Freak will issue a patch to rectify this issue now that more people are becoming aware of it.

In the meanwhile, I would recommend that people not panic over this issue. Given that the issue has been seen in the wild since the game's release, and that we haven't heard of a single person during #WonderTradeWednesday experiencing this problem, it's likely that the issue is still relatively isolated at this stage.

We'll keep you posted on any new info we hear regarding this issue."

Via Bulbagardens Facebook

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

As a kind of further clarification... now that I've read up a bit on this phenomena...

The Bad Egg glitch has been reported (VERY RARELY, I should add) since the game's release, and probably has nothing to do with recent hacking developments.

Basically what happens is something goes wrong during a trade (or whatever, but let's use Wonder Trade as an example) and the first checksum of the pokemon that happens doesn’t match the second, and the game is like OH NO ERROR and the Bad Egg is what results. The Bad Egg is a placeholder the game creates when it encounters corrupted data. It's trying to prevent the second coming of MissingNo, but still can cause some bad things if you poke around with it. Bad checksums = overwrite. That’s why if you mess with it it starts overwriting your other pokemon.

I kinda started reading up on this after I first heard about it. I’ve done a TON of Wonder Trading and haven’t encountered anything. It’s still good to know that there can be something that goes wrong and know what steps need to be taken if it DOES happen (dont touch the egg, move all your pokemon to a different box, do not TOUCH THE EGG, etc) but just remember some things

--it’s not likely directly linked to hacking, probably a very unfortunate glitch a la Lumiose City's saving predicament
--you can’t trade eggs over GTS / WT so if you see an egg that'd a big red flag
--it can overwrite your stuff and should not be taken lightly if it’s seen
--but your chances of seeing it are probably rare?

I'm not really into mass panic so that's my attempt at keeping it cool! 8)