Pokemon!

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Makoes »

I guess I just played emerald so much that it didn't occure to me that it was that different from ruby and sapphire... Guess I should beat the E4 and see this delta episode then :D

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

*can't read any of the stuff previously because spoilers* :lol:

Well... that does it for me. I think I'm going to give up with my shiny team hunt. :/ Getting that male shiny Skitty when I was so desperate for a female has really put me off. Yes, first world shiny problems, but I really wanted a female to name after my cat who I no longer have. So it was kinda important to me. I think I'm just going to transfer my current shinies over to X and restart OR.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Snowy wrote:*can't read any of the stuff previously because spoilers* :lol:

Well... that does it for me. I think I'm going to give up with my shiny team hunt. :/ Getting that male shiny Skitty when I was so desperate for a female has really put me off. Yes, first world shiny problems, but I really wanted a female to name after my cat who I no longer have. So it was kinda important to me. I think I'm just going to transfer my current shinies over to X and restart OR.
Oh, I didn't mean to come off as if I were belittling the issue. When I said first world shiny problems I was being serious...in a joking sort of way I guess. I may have the worst shiny luck ever but I know if I got a shiny Froakie that ended up being female, I'd probably cry ^^;

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I know Jurz. :P I just think it does sound kinda selfish of myself to complain about it. But it was an important deal to me and I'm sad it's put me off completing my goal now.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

So me and my boyfriend watched Genesect and the Legend Awakened last night. All I can say is... wat. So erm, they made another Mewtwo that's female and can just mega evolve at will? Okkkaayyyyy. We watched the 'origin' episode afterwards to help us understand what the crap was happening a little better but it didn't seem to explain much more.

However there was stupid amounts of adorable Eevee which apparently set off my PMS and I started crying because I can't have an irl Eevee. Yes. Seriously.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Anyone got a fletchling and/or its evolutions in their safaris?
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Snowy wrote:So me and my boyfriend watched Genesect and the Legend Awakened last night. All I can say is... wat. So erm, they made another Mewtwo that's female and can just mega evolve at will? Okkkaayyyyy. We watched the 'origin' episode afterwards to help us understand what the crap was happening a little better but it didn't seem to explain much more.

However there was stupid amounts of adorable Eevee which apparently set off my PMS and I started crying because I can't have an irl Eevee. Yes. Seriously.
Ugh. That movie. I loved the one purple Genesect that was all like "I wanna go home" and I was all like YOU'RE TOO CUTE! It's been awhile since I saw it (and I only saw it once) but doesn't the Mewtwo have flashbacks which make it seem like it's the same Mewtwo as the original one? I would bring up something from ORAS that might explain why it's more feminine and can m.evolve at will but that explanation is from the delta ep so I can't haha also, Pokemon anime logic never seems to follow game logic...or even logic in general so my guess would probably be far fetched anyway haha maybe Mewtwo had a daughter. The thing about cloning is even if they tried to make another Mewtwo, an exact replica would be practically impossible. Different genes are expressed, which make clones somewhat different. Maybe this Mewtwo was cloned from the original (or Mew) and the gene for a more feminine sounding voice was expressed. There I go trying to logic out Pokemon anime logic again XD I swear it never works!

The origin ep? Like the one from the first movie that shows the other clones they were working on? I love that mini ep <3 so many emotions, and explains more about the psyche of the Mewtwo in the first movie (when Pokemon logic tried to make sense!)

I can understand wanting a Pokemon. I need a Zoroark in my life! Why can't that happen!?

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Why can't you have a Zoroak?

Logic in pokemon movies? maybe in the first few, but as the series progressed it seem's like all the original info/logic was tossed aside and the new writers couldn't be bothered to keep informed about what was already "established".
Was watching black & White series with my kid when I had to facepalm...episode with a pokemon Photographer, and Ash is all like "whats that?" /facepalm Come on Ash, what about your friend Todd, you know the one with the camera that wanted to shoot pikachu, and was famous for taking a picture of that Aerodactyl (the one with you in its claws?). Seriously!!!!

They really should do another series where ash goes back to try the indigo league again...and have the writers watch the original series and tie up all those loose ends, and re-meet old friends/pokemon...see what everyone's been up to the past...9-10 years...

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The worst part is Ash does not age (or learn for that matter) D:

There is a joke theory that the reason he hangs out with new people in each region is so that he can suck their youthfulness and stay young forever. :lol:
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Just booping in here to confirm that yeah, the Mewtwo from the Genesect movie is a completely different one from the Mewtwo from the first movie. So yeah. :D (And if you ask me, I think it's awesome that they made a new Mewtwo! The first one is great, of course, but I kinda fell in love with the new Mewtwo. She's so cool! <3 and I admit, as someone who's always like the idea of more than one Mewtwo existing being possible, and the idea of female/more feminine Mewtwos.. This whole thing's made me super happy! And I might just be a tad bit biased. That too. Ha. XD)

But also, I have to agree with Jurz on the cute little Genesect from the movie. IT WAS SUCH A LITTLE CUTIE BABY HNNG...
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Jurz wrote:The origin ep? Like the one from the first movie that shows the other clones they were working on? I love that mini ep <3 so many emotions, and explains more about the psyche of the Mewtwo in the first movie (when Pokemon logic tried to make sense!)
No, there was some... episode before the new movie came out about a guy and his 'Eevee Team' and they rescue Mewtwo. It's not even slightly an origin story, but that's how it was advertised. It was meant to give you a better idea of what this Mewtwo was and where it came from but it... really didn't help at all. I only liked it for the Eeveelutions. xD

I've never been a fan of Mewtwo so I can't say it bothered me enough but you can't just take my childhood movie Pokemon and give it a completely different voice. It threw me off so badly and never even properly explained whether it was the same one or not. x___x Although the one thing that REALLY bothered me was it said, several damn times during the movie, "I want you to forget you ever saw me." Errmmm YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO SO. WE SAW IT. IN THE FIRST EVER FREAKING MOVIE.

And last night I watched the Diancie movie which was... alright. Made me like Xerneas even more though, they gave it a really nice feminine voice which I somehow didn't expect, but it suited well and it was so regal and majestic and now I remember why I preferred Xerneas to Yveltal. xD I just love the regal looking Pokemon a lot. And the mega Absol scene at the start was awesome!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Double post, but I thought I'd ask here since I haven't had luck anywhere else.

Would anyone happen to own an English Eevee from Neo Discovery? I've been collecting the Eevee cards, mainly from English sets, and this one completely eludes me. It looks like this:

If anyone has one I'd be happy to buy or trade. <3

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I might have a doulbe somewhere around here. I'll have a look.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I'm pretty sure I have a double of it. That was when I was still collecting. Problem is I have no idea where my huge doubles box is for Pokemon cards.... I have my big Magic box under my bed, but my shoebox(s) of Pokemon doubles are.. maybe in my closet? I'm actually cleaning a bit now, I can check. But my closet my set off an avalanche as I tend to just keep tossing empty figure boxes up there. >>;
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Do let me know if you guys find any, I would REALLY appreciate it. <3 Whenever I find them on eBay they're always from like Italy or France with ridiculous postage costs. o.O I'm actually after three of them, I collect three of each card (Looks nicer in the binder that way xD) so if you happen across more than one that'd be even better, but just one right now would be enough for me. x3

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I'll check my collection and see if I have any in the overflow boxes.

*nothing in the boxes* :(
I know I have some in a discovery deck, but I am loath to tamper with those older decks.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Are any of you guys from the UK? :)
And yes, I am desperate for that event Darkrai. >_>

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Miyon wrote:Are any of you guys from the UK? :)
And yes, I am desperate for that event Darkrai. >_>
I am but I don't think I can get a second one. D: Also isn't that event going to be in the US after us?

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Not that I have heard. But either way, if it arrives in the US, I won't be able to get it then either. :P It is be possible to get more than one card with the code at a Game store, but it depends on the store, if the cashier is stingy or not, etc. :p I have asked a friend of mine in the UK if he is able to get a hold of about 5 of it for me, one for me, and one for each of four friends. xD

Thanks for replying either way! :)

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

...Well I figured I'd get the Eon Ticket when I went to PAX next week, but apparently I passed someone on the street on my way to the dentist today. Then again, the Dentist is down town, close to the middle school so I shouldn't be surprised.

ANYWAYS, this means I can now do the grueling task of soft resetting for a shiny Latios.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}