Pokemon!

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Snowy »

Ahh the Diancie movie made me love Xerneas even more. I know legendaries are genderless, but if they are featured in a movie with a distinctly gendered voice, I tend to call them he or she depending on that voice from then on and (somehow) Xerneas has been the only one to throw me off so far. I ALWAYS called Xerneas a he and when I heard the female voice I was somehow shocked. xD

Also I only just found out yesterday that Lucario is 3'11" in height and dfnjksfnsl that's so freaking adorable, I love him even more now.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

So I did something I usually don't do... When I was PAX East I bought a Primal Clash booster box for about $90. I'm usually one to just go for blisters or collectors boxes (Mainly tins), but this had been marked down from $115. I've opened only the first half of the box and I don't know what the pull rates are for them, but so far I think I made it off good. Gardevoir EX, Aggron EX, Camerupt EX and a Primal Groundon EX. Plus some a nice foil Flygon and Blaziken.

So many codes to redeem online. I am trying to get back into the TCG... well at least collecting it. So glad I have the XY Yveltel Collectors box to keep them all in since my tins are almost full. XD

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Average for that set seem to be 5-6 EXs/full arts from a booster box. I've seen as many as 9 though and as low as 4. And the less EXs, the more holos.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Snowy wrote:Ahh the Diancie movie made me love Xerneas even more. I know legendaries are genderless, but if they are featured in a movie with a distinctly gendered voice, I tend to call them he or she depending on that voice from then on and (somehow) Xerneas has been the only one to throw me off so far. I ALWAYS called Xerneas a he and when I heard the female voice I was somehow shocked. xD

Also I only just found out yesterday that Lucario is 3'11" in height and dfnjksfnsl that's so freaking adorable, I love him even more now.
I think we associate Xerneas as male because it has antlers. I haven't seen the film, but I think a feminine voice is a mistake due to the massive, obviously masculine (based on all similar animals on earth) antlers. Certainly that's just my opinion though, and if you enjoy Xern as a female, then do you :D

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

That's kinda funny, since I've usually seen people call Xerneas female? And Yveltal male? Because herp derp, life and death stereotypes. Life is good, pure and beautiful, so it must be female. And death is "evil", dark and badass, so it must be male!

...To be honest, I prefer male Xerneas myself. XD But I'm fine with either, since whoops I have both a male Xerneas character and a female one.

(oh and, also being a deer with - albeit really stylzed - antlers sure didn't stop Virizion from being called female by almost the entire fandom either, so.. XD)

to be fair though, we have Sawsbuck, which can be female and still have antlers. so I figure the "female deer don't have antlers" thing is kind of irrelevant with deer Pokemon. XD And besides, female reindeer have antlers!
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

... I'm just going to put this out there, since it seems to be a thing now for some reason, that when people choose to cross-out huge sentences of their text in a post, I cannot read it. I have really poor eyesight and even with my glasses on it's a strain for me to read what's being written. Something about Sawsbuck. :/

And I never thought of it like that. xD Xerneas is essentially a stag, so it'd make more sense to be male. But it really does depend on how Pokemon choose to voice these legendaries, since almost every single legendary Pokemon, which are typically genderless, also happen to be some of the only Pokemon to ever get human voices. Weird huh? For me, I was totally confused as to what gender Virizion should be, and then I watched the movie where she's voiced by a woman and now I wouldn't be able to have it any other way. Virizion is female. xD

Senna-Umbreon

Well, uh, sorry about the striked-out text thing? Either way, I was saying that since female Sawsbuck have antlers, it seems like using the "female deer don't have antlers" thing is a bit irrelevant with Pokemon. XD

And to be honest, I still prefer male Virizions. XD Because hey, the species is based on a male character, after all! (Aramis from the Three Musketeers.) But I don't mind the feminine voice the movie's Virizion had, nor the blatantly female Virizion in PMD: Gates to Infinity. (I actually REALLY adore PMD's Virizion! She's awesome! <3) And because I feel like only a few Legendary species are actually outright unique (as in, there's literally only one in existence. Seriously, I could go on and on about why I think interpreting all Legendaries as unique is a bit silly!), I really avoid calling a Legendary "he" or "she" as if it's a single entity. So I figure that even if the Virizions from the movie and PMD were female (Or, the movie had a feminine voice, though its gender wasn't blatantly stated, unlike PMD's, who was called "she" by other characters.), there's nothing to say there can't be male ones around either~ So I just stand by the idea that both genders exist for them, as I do with all of the Legendaries~ (Well, beyond the ones that are one gender only in the games, obviously!)
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I agree that there can be multiple legendaries, thus there can be male and female ones, with some exceptions. And even though I think there can be more there one, I also think that they breed like pandas. Very picky about their mate, breed very slowly, and only birth one child at a time for a max of two or three during their lifetime, so while there can be multiple there are still very few.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Multiple legendaries was more or less confirmed anyway when they made a brand new Mewtwo.

Senna-Umbreon

To be fair, it was confirmed a long time before that. :D There's been a lot of cases where there's been multiples of Legendary species! From the mother Lugia and its baby in the main anime series.. To the Shiny Beast trio from the Zoroark movie (that are clearly different from every other Beast in the series so far, because duh Shiny.), the MILLIONS OF SHAYMINS from the Giratina/Shaymin movie (I swear, there will never be a time where a Shaymin shows up and like 50 more of them don't show up later. XD They come in like, packs, I swear!), and the in-game backstory for Keldeo stating that that particular Keldeo had parents. So yeah! It's been confirmed that a lot of Legendaries have multiples around of their kind for a while~!
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Oh my God, I'm so happy I could cry! So, when I was a kid I used to buy Pokemon cards whenever I could and one day I used the last of my gift money to buy a random pack. From that pack I pulled a Shiny Latias card. I didn't even know Shiny cards existed at that time! I was like 10, ok haha and my little brother didn't even know Pokemon could be different colors! He thought it was the coolest thing ever that I pulled a yellow Latias card! Ever since then I have been trying to get a Shiny Latias in game off and on. I am the world's least patient person ever btw, and I swear I have the worst Shiny luck ever. It's been about ten years since then (give or take a couple years) and...

What's this...?

NO WAY! IT CAN'T BE!

Is that...? It is! A SHINY LATIAS AT LAST!

And 30 some Ultra balls later my baby is finally mine in game :')

EDIT; I really wanted to name my baby, but I'm awful at giving Pokemon nicknames so I consulted Falcon and she suggested some cool ones. I really liked Radiance and I almost named her that when I thought of the name Iridescent which is also a song by Linkin Park (my all time favorite band) so I named her that. Her nature is Timid which is PERFECT and she is somewhat vain which means the highest IV is in Spec.Def. which is also PERFECT! and somewhat vain also contains the highest IV of 31 so it's possible that she is the most perfect Latias!!!

EDIT 2; I used an IV calculator and her IV spread for Spec.Def is perfect but her spread for Sp.Atk, HP, and Speed are lacking (a good spread for atleast one of those 3 would have been nice haha nope, she gets good spreads in Atk and Def instead which is completely useless XD) but she's Timid and Shiny so I definitely can't complain. In all actuality, I am completely amazed!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Wooooo congrats Jurz! Glad you finally got your shiny baby. :) She is so beautiful!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Thanks :D I was actually trying for her last night cuz I couldn't get to sleep and it usually helps me fall asleep. Once she appeared though I felt more awake x.x I ended up EV training her and staying up until 4am haha

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I know dat feel. My first ever shiny, my female Vulpix (now a Ninetales called Tyra) I found at a stupid time in the morning because I couldn't sleep. I wanted to SCREAM with delight... but it was like 3 AM, and everyone else was asleep, so I had to contain my excitement which was near impossible. xD I was basically screaming internally hahaha. I stayed up the rest of the night training her up and she was a Ninetales by the time I got to show anyone haha.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Well I am severely pissed off right now. The person I normally buy the TCG figures off, since I can't get them here, just allowed her dog to chew the Kyogre one up AFTER I said I would buy it. Shit is always happening with her pets, apparently she needs to learn how to control them. Now I don't really want to buy the Groudon one from her because it's so much easier for me to find both of those figures together online and buy them rather than just one of them. Urg, why does getting these figures imported have to be so annoying? Why can't the UK just have them as well? We always used to. :/

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I haven't shipped your card yet. If you want and can find a US seller, I can pick them up and then put it all together to ship your way. You can just pay me for them, then.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Seilahyn wrote:I haven't shipped your card yet. If you want and can find a US seller, I can pick them up and then put it all together to ship your way. You can just pay me for them, then.
It literally JUST got sorted. I'm less peeved now because she actually went out of her way to find someone else with that figure for me, but thank you for the offer Seila, you're so kind. <3

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

My friend just so happened to have a spare copy of Pokemon Red that she's selling me tomorrow for a decent price. C: Gunna go through all the games again~

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I need suggestions for my omega ruby game. I've done a solo run, a wonderlock, normal runs...I need something to spice up this next playthrough.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Last edited by Falcon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.