Pokemon!

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

I'd definitely suggest giving the PMD games another go! They're pretty damn fabulous, in my opinion! (Fyi, if you try out any of the "Explorers" ones, get Explorers of the Sky. It's like a third version (like Platinum/Emerald) to Time/Darkness, and has a lot more content than them. Also, Gates to Infinity is the newest one, and should likely be more like what the new PMD will be like, unless they mess wildly with some mechanics. (Barring the hunger mechanic, which isn't in Gates to Infinity except for a few select dungeons, but is confirmed to return in the new one.) At least, it's more like what the new one will be like when it comes to graphics, since it has the 3D graphics thing goin' on, instead of the sprites like the older PMDs.

And finally, while the first PMDs (Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team) are super out-dated when it comes to mechanics.. (And Pokemon, for that matter, since they're from Gen 3!) I still suggest trying Blue Rescue Team. The story's still pretty damn cool, so I think it's still worth trying!)
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I actually own Gates to Infinity... but I've never played it! xD

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Playing OR and got to Mt.Chimney area, went into the sooty grass and encountered a Shiny skarmory!!!! It's been a very long time since I've encountered a random shiny! Managed to catch it after several great balls. So Happy!!!
Jolly Nature, so +spd, -S.atk, strongly defiant. Not bad!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:I'd definitely suggest giving the PMD games another go! They're pretty damn fabulous, in my opinion! (Fyi, if you try out any of the "Explorers" ones, get Explorers of the Sky. It's like a third version (like Platinum/Emerald) to Time/Darkness, and has a lot more content than them. Also, Gates to Infinity is the newest one, and should likely be more like what the new PMD will be like, unless they mess wildly with some mechanics. (Barring the hunger mechanic, which isn't in Gates to Infinity except for a few select dungeons, but is confirmed to return in the new one.) At least, it's more like what the new one will be like when it comes to graphics, since it has the 3D graphics thing goin' on, instead of the sprites like the older PMDs.

And finally, while the first PMDs (Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team) are super out-dated when it comes to mechanics.. (And Pokemon, for that matter, since they're from Gen 3!) I still suggest trying Blue Rescue Team. The story's still pretty damn cool, so I think it's still worth trying!)
THIS! PMD and Conquest are my favorite Pokemon spin off games <3 I highly suggest everyone play Explorers of the Sky, the story is so awesome! I personally didn't care for Gates to Infinity...I never got around to finishing it because I got bored with the story and the mechanics, but that's just my opinion. I also like Blue and Red Rescue Team a lot :) That story was also very good and even though it dates back to gen 3, you can still be awesome Pokemon like Cubone! I'm pretty stoked for the new PMD myself :) Especially since the next main Pokemon game will probably be Z or something if they continue to follow their pattern, which I can honestly wait until next year for.

I know they just remade Ruby and Sapphire, but what do you guys think will be the next remake? I find the obvious answer to be Diamond and Pearl, but I really hope they remake Red and Blue instead! I know they did FireRed and LeafGreen, but those are more outdated than Diamond and Pearl.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

They seemed to have stopped with the theme of 3 after HGSS, BW, B2W2, XY, ORAS. I am not sure if there would be a pokemon Z at this point...Ideally I'd love for them to remake Red/Blue (or Firered/Leafgreen). I really want a remake of the original game in todays graphics. ^^

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Makoes wrote:They seemed to have stopped with the theme of 3 after HGSS, BW, B2W2, XY, ORAS. I am not sure if there would be a pokemon Z at this point...Ideally I'd love for them to remake Red/Blue (or Firered/Leafgreen). I really want a remake of the original game in todays graphics. ^^
Well HGSS were remakes, and they don't usually remake the third one of the groups (Crystal in that case), ORAS falls into that same category, and BW2 I'll admit was different but it was still kind of the "third game," just more of a continuation of BW rather than a better version but it's still a second installment for the same generation. Either or, the best guess for the next main game would still be one that takes place in gen 6.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Serebii has a screenshot of that new pokemon up. It's kinda blurry but cute. I hope it's for gen 7 and not another remake. I wonder what it's shiny form looks like?
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

It reminds me of a pikmin

~~~
~~~
~~~

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Trying to breed a shiny Tyrunt has been an absolute pain >< I'm up to 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) for the amount of eggs I've hatched and I am not a patient person at all orz
I feel like it'd be better if the hatch tine was a bit lower but eh, I'll deal with it I suppose. I'm definitely not cut out for shiny breeding l-lol

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Mystery gift event: Shiny Rayquaza!!!! Ends Sept 14th. For ORAS.

Super excited to get my Shiny Rayquaza, since soft resetting for one has gotten to the point where I am no-longer enjoying the last part of my Alpha Sapphire game...I just want to finish the Delta episode.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Sooo I just found out the the Pokemon World Championship is being held in Boston this year. GUESS WHO'S DECIDED TO GO? Hopefully all three days and get some goodies while I'm there. 8D Thank god for living near Boston.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

......I feel fucking stupid D:
I long while back I bought a perfect IV Lillpup with Firefang, Adamant nature and to have the Pickup Ability so it ability Sand Rush when it evolved. I paid someone else a butt ton of treasure to have it's pokeball changed to a premier ball.

Now, months later. I finally turn on my game.. Look at it and realize... That ability is not going to do anything for me with how I have my team. It's useless to me. I should have gone for Run away, which would have given it scrappy. Hell, even intimidate would have been better! What a waste of time and money. Ugh.

Siggy under construction!

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Bowno, can you maybe breed it? An everstone guarantee's the nature passes.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Makoes wrote:Bowno, can you maybe breed it? An everstone guarantee's the nature passes.
I might try. I haven't done any serious breeding since crystal version. Rofl. Might be worth a try.
I honestly have no idea what I was planning to do with this thing. I know I wanted something to cover both electric and fire without being expected to have them.. but.. IDK what the sand rush was ever for O_O

Senna-Umbreon

Bowno, I'm not sure which game you're playing (or if you're far enough into the right ones!), but in both XY and ORAS, you can buy an Ability Capsule from the Battle Maison. They cost a lot of BP (200, I think?), but it's an easy (if expensive and slightly tedious to get) way to change a Pokemon's ability if you can't afford to try and get a replica of the Pokemon with the right ability through breeding and such!

(Unfortunately though, you wouldn't be able to get Scrappy from the Ability Capsule, as it only changes abilities between the normal ones that the species has, and can't change it to a hidden ability. Intimidate is pretty darn good, though!)
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Thats a good idea. I might just end up doing that honestly. lol

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Ooohhh, I didn't know that, awesome!!

~~~
~~~
~~~

Senna-Umbreon

INCREDIBLY LOUD SHRIEKING OF JOY BECAUSE ZYGARDE!!!!!!!!!!

"The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some further details about Zygarde. Zygarde can take many forms. Normal Zygarde is at 50% and is called Zygarde 50% Forme. The dog like form is when it is at 10% and is called Zygarde 10% Forme. It has sharp teeth and speed. The blob is the cell, or Zygarde Core and becomes the brain of every form. The flat form is called Zygarde Cell. New large form is called Zygarde Perfect Forme and retains its Dragon/Ground-type. It is the System Pokémon and is 4.5m tall and 610kg and is said to exceed Xerneas and Yveltal in power. The new Anime series called Pokémon XY & Z is to come with Mega Evolution Act 4 starting on October 29th. It also reveals a new look for Greninja. The magazine mentions that it looks sort of like Ash's clothes."

(From Serebii)

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I really love the dog form!!!! OMG I LOVE IT!!!
The form changing is a bit odd though...

As to graninja's alternate for...I hear some pokemon resemble their trainers...

~~~
~~~
~~~

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.