Pokemon!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Aleu »

I have about one Pokespot that's within decent walking distance of my house. I keep seeing finding Pokemon in or around their house. So far I've seen next to nothing. Along with the servers being down and lose of GPS all the time. >.> Was this a stress test Nintendo?

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Alright, after messing around with Pokemon Go some more, it doesn't seem as unfinished as it previously did. They definitely been working on the servers, and although it kept crashing earlier today it's been running much smoother the later it's become. Could very well be that it's late enough most people are sleeping (or working on the other side of the globe) , but xD

There's a LOT more stuff available in downtown areas. The suburbs where I live are pretty barren, but downtown I took a stroll down the street and hit no less than 5 Pokestops on one block. They seem to be tied to landmarks - mostly police/fire departments, post offices, fountains/statues/park and even churches. I just wish there were more spots in suburbs - nearby schools and the mall down the hill both aren't considered (prolly a good thing on the schools not being them, though), although one school is also registered as a park, and the whole town practically revolves around the mall.

You can find eggs at Pokestops and hatch them. In order to do that you have to actually go into your Pokemon list and choose an egg to incubate. Be sure to use the incubator that has infinite uses! Leave the app running in the background though, or else it's possible that your steps don't count.
Incense isn't the only way to draw Pokemon in to you. You can gain lures by levelling up and occasionally from Pokespots, and leave them at a specific place (like your house!). Other people benefit from the lures too, so I've seen a lot of people leaving them at Pokespots. I caught 3 Pokemon in one place because of a kind trainer's lure!
You can send in your extra Pokemon to the Professor Willow to gain extra candies. Catching duplicates of Pokemon will net you more candies too. Evolving your Pokemon with dust/candies seems to be better to do before powering them up, because evolving them gets them levels anyways.
And, in the event you control a gym, every 24 hours you get bonuses for holding it that include experience, dust, and even a small amount of the currency you normally buy with RL cash!
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Ahhh, I want it to be released where I am!!! I want to go for random walks with my kids as we hunt pokemon!!!
Hurry up and come out here already!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I am a complete Pokemon newbie, but I've downloaded Pokemon GO and am giving it a try. We have a large city park within walking distance of our house, and it has 5 pokestops!

This is the most motivation for getting more walking in every day that I've ever had :)
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Two new pokemon Revealed on Serebii:

After looking at the designs closer, it would appear that Kiteruguma is based off of the Red panda.
Mimikkyu's ability Disguise looks like a cheap knock off of the illusian ability.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

More on the new pokemon:

Kiteruguma is a Normal/Fighting type bear/red panda pokemon. It can have Fluffy or Klutz as abilities.

Kiteruguma is feared by Alola natives for its strength (so much so that there are warning signs about it). Unfortunately, those who train one are in great danger as this guy likes to hug....and his hugs can easily snap a tree in twain.

Mimicu is a lil Ghost/Fairy type pokemon that wears a Pikachu-like cloth. His ability is False Colors.

Mimicu hates sunlight. It is said that the cloth is meant to be protection from the sun. Those who try to remove the cloth are said to come down with an illness. The reason Mimicu specifically dresses like a Pikachu? It wants to be loved like one.

There is currently no info on what the Fluffy and False Colors abilities actually do

Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

This is going to seem like an odd request, but I'm a little desperate. Does anyone here have a Diancie from the event in 2014? I hadn't even owned a 3DS then, and by no means could afford one. Now, I'm working on my 'dex in X, and am sitting at 667 seen and 662 caught. If there is anyone who owns a diancie and trusts me enough to trade it and trade back, or me trade one of my shinies for it, I'd be very grateful. It seems to be the only Pokemon that I have 0 access to, as it isn't part of the 2016 Mythical Events, and there is no in-game way of obtaining it. If not, I guess I'll have to see about my luck through wonder-trade or wait for another event, but I figured I'd ask you lovely Petopians first.
Edit: Thanks to the fantastic Falcon for their help in this endeavor!
Last edited by Gimlion on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

New trailer! This trailer doesn't show much off but does show the riding on top of Tauros, Sharpedo and Lapras as well as a variety of new footage showing the new Pokémon from yesterday (also confirming that Kiteruguma has a pre-evolution), being able to groom your Pokémon akin to Pokémon Amie and much more.

Trainers posing, more in game sprites and footage.

~~~
~~~
~~~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Kiteruguma looks so derpy
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Makoes wrote:New trailer! This trailer doesn't show much off but does show the riding on top of Tauros, Sharpedo and Lapras as well as a variety of new footage showing the new Pokémon from yesterday (also confirming that Kiteruguma has a pre-evolution), being able to groom your Pokémon akin to Pokémon Amie and much more.

Link?
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Redith wrote:
Makoes wrote:New trailer! This trailer doesn't show much off but does show the riding on top of Tauros, Sharpedo and Lapras as well as a variety of new footage showing the new Pokémon from yesterday (also confirming that Kiteruguma has a pre-evolution), being able to groom your Pokémon akin to Pokémon Amie and much more.

Link?
---->Serebii<----

~~~
~~~
~~~

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

So it looks like Pokemon Amie may not be coming back? That's rather saddening for me. :( Still, the grooming feature does intrigue me and I'm glad it doesn't have the silly rainbow happy land as a background (as endearing as that was.) XD
Magnakilro

Falconcrest wrote:So it looks like Pokemon Amie may not be coming back? That's rather saddening for me. :( Still, the grooming feature does intrigue me and I'm glad it doesn't have the silly rainbow happy land as a background (as endearing as that was.) XD
The grooming thing could just be part of Sun/Moon's amie.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Yeah, isn't Aime kinda important for evolving Eevee? I think they're just adding on to that!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Which is why I said may not and not isn't. :P And, yeah, it's needed to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, unless they come up with an alternative like they did for Feebas no longer needing a max Beauty stat back in Gen V to become a Milotic when they introduced the Prism Scale. If Amie is coming back, I'll be happy, and the grooming feature would be an interesting add-on for it.

Also, there are shirts currently up on Qwertee for the three teams (Valor, Mystic, and Instinct) you can join on Pokemon Go, they'll only be up for a day, though.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Is anyone here playng Pokemon GO on S Galaxy J3 and can tell me how is it doing?

I was thinking about getting a new phone anyway (my good old S Trend Lite is barely making it anymore with normal everyday usage, loves to reset on me or just sneakily disconect), and might as well pick one that'll let me catch'em all ;)
In theory J3 has it all - system, RAM, proc, AMOLED for energy saving, and even a gyro for the cam mode, but I can't find any info anywhere if the procesor is not Intell. Also theory is theory, in practice you never know...

Or maybe you can reccomend another Pokemon GO Android phone in a simmilar price range? (J3 is around 600-700 PLN here, that makes roughly 150-175 USD)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

New Pokemon
Wimpod a horseshoe crab
Mudsdale a Clydesdale
Comfey looks like a lei
And bouncesweet a fruit pokemon
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I really like Mudsdale. Will be adding one of those to my team!!!
I like Wimpod's design, it's cute.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Magnakilro

More info:

Wimpod is the second ever Bug/Water type. It has a new ability: Wimp Out. Wimp Out makes it flee/switch out automatically when hp is low.

Bounsweet is a Pure Grass type.

Comfey is Pure Fairy. New ability: Triage. Triage gives priority to Restoration moves.

Mudsdale is pure Ground. New ability: Stamina. Stamina gives a +1 Def boost when you take dmg.

The previously revealed Panda and Ghostchu pokemon have english names now:

Bewear and Mimikyu.

Bewear's Fluffy ability halves Physical Contact dmg taken....but makes Bewear take increased dmg from Fire

Mimikyu's Disguise ability makes it invincible to one attack, but then the disguise is broken.

New Feature: Hyper Training: When a pokemon is lvl 100, boost its IV's with this.

New Feature: Make your own battle competitions on Global Link.
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Wimpod's ability is gonna make catching shiny Wimpods hellish.