Pokemon!

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Since I've spend the last half a year or more deep down in Ark turning dinos into my pokemon, I'll just leave this Ark Wimpod here:
http://ark.gamepedia.com/Trilobite
(sorry, it was really my very first thought when I saw him :P )

Super excited for Mudsdale, Pokémon definitely needs more horses!

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I MISSED OUT ON THE SHAYMIN EVENT!!!

does anyone have a spare? I've been so busy that I completely forgot :( I have doubles of the other events if anyone missed one and wants to trade T.T Shaymin was literally the only event Pokemon I was missing out of all event exclusive Pokemon and then I missed out on this event!

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

NEW SUN/MOON INFO!

First up....a few Classic gen 1 Pokemon have new Alola forms!

Alola Exeggutor is a Grass/Dragon type. Ability: Frisk

Alola Vulpix and Ninetales are Ice types, with Ninetales being Ice/Fairy. Ability: Snow Cloak

Alola Sandshrew and Sandslash are Ice/Steel types. Ability: Snow Cloak

Actual new pokemon:

Oricorio: a Flying type who's appearance and type combo change based on the island you find it on. Fire/Flying, Electric/Flying, Psychic/Flying and Ghost/Flying. New move: Revelation Dance: Type changes to match the user's form. New ability: Dancer: If the opponent uses a 'Dance' move (like Quiver Dance), Oricorio will copy it.

Miniore: A Rock/Flying...thing. New ability: Shield Down. This ability greatly increases Miniore's defense and makes it immune to Status. When hp drops below 50%, it changes to a more Attack oriented Core form.

Gumshoos is Yungoos's evolved form.

Fomantis and Lurantis are an evolution line of Pure Grass mantises. Leaf Guard ability. New attack: Solar Blade.

Mudbray is Mudsdale's pre-evolution.

Z-moves: When a trainer has a Z-ring and a pokemon holds a Z-Crystal and knows a move that matches the Z-Crystal type...you can use this feature. Once per battle, you can unleash a move of incredible power on the enemy. There are Z moves for every type.

Source: http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/01-August-2016.shtml
Last edited by Magnakilro on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I'm DYING. That Ninetales! It's my favorite Pokemon and Sandslash is my husband's favorite so now we can be an icy duo. It's so funny to me that they chose THOSE two to make icy forms for. And the secondary typing of Sandslash being Steel and Ninetales being Fairy. We both prefer the cold so we've been in a Pokemon kick discussing which types we'd be. We both agreed Ice primary for us both but STEEL for him and FAIRY for me. I'm DYING. It's fate! :lol:

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Gumshoos look is hate lol. It NOW looks like trump for real
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

WHAT EVEN IS THIS GAME ANY MORE

Siggy under construction!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Gumshoos is poke trump. Like put a wall up to stop the gen 1ers
Magnakilro

and then there's the fact that we not have Gyms or HM's anymore.....with those Island Trial things. And Poke Ride is seemingly HM's without taking up a party slot (the ride pokemon aren't yours)
Silivren

Magnakilro wrote:and then there's the fact that we not have Gyms or HM's anymore.....with those Island Trial things. And Poke Ride is seemingly HM's without taking up a party slot (the ride pokemon aren't yours)
But why is this a bad thing? I for one welcome riding Pokemon, I don't always want a Pokemon that can learn surf or fly or whatever HM move I need in my party. Not to mention the trials are a refreshing change from gyms. This looks like the most amazing Pokemon game to come out in a while for me. I personally can't wait. It's like when some people heard in this game that your Pokemon's moves will register your opponents typing and tell you which are super effective and non effective, so many people threw a fit that it was catering to the casual players which made me laugh, cause like, it's Pokemon..

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I wasn't a fan of yungoos' design because it reminded me of Trump...But Gumshoos, I can see the detective inspiration, from the "poor boy" hat head style, to the long Brown coat. I actually don't mind it so much. He looks like an "old" detective.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

A small part of me is like WHY!? but it's funny because the other day someone told me they stopped playing Pokemon because it's all the same, and it really is. Sometimes the bad guys are lacking in personality, sometimes the story is better, but underneath all that the games have always been the same and I think it's worn on me. I didn't enjoy gen 4 because the majority of the designs and characters weren't appealing to me and that's kind of why you keep playing Pokemon right? I took a break and came back right before gen 5 was released (I almost missed out on the Jhoto remakes!) and fell in love all over again! After playing gen 6 though I felt that the game was lacking... The characters weren't appealing to me, the designs were fine, I LOVE Tyrunt, but they also made the game easier and I could feel myself falling out of love with it much to my dismay :( Of course I was hyped for ORAS though and absolutely loved them! but that was because I loved gen 3, it was nostalgic and also an improved version so what was not to love! I still haven't finished post game though haha

This change, though it has thrown me off, I feel is needed. It will take some getting used to but I'm going to welcome this change :) Makes me wonder if they will continue with Megas or if that's going to be unique to the gene 6 era (ORAS being apart of the same timeline) just as Pokemon outside of their Pokeballs was unique to the gen 2 remakes (and Pikachu in Yellow.) I do like what they did with Sandshrew and Vulpix though! Probably just because I love those two in general though XD I feel so sorry for the mongoose Pokemon being compared to Trump :( I can't unseen now </3

Also, wtf Execcutor can now be part dragon? If there's no more Megas then I feel sorry for Charizard...

Without Mega evolution, Charizard, Execcutor will be more of a dragon than you

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

1. I can't freaking get over Exeggutor's new form. I don't know if I should love it or hate it... or both.

2. I NEED THAT NINETALES IN MY LIFE NOW

3. I do kind of like the idea of being able to use rental pokemon in the place of things like Surf, Fly etc. No more being forced to teach any of my team members HM moves. I'm quite hoping this is the case as that'd be a very welcome change.

4. Dunno how I feel about the gyms being replaced. I suppose having the same idea of defeating 8 gym leaders, then the elite four and champion does get a bit old after 6 generations. It has kind of thrown me off, but hey. It's neat change.

5. Gumshoos is a freaking Trump Pokemon, but at the same time when I heard the name, I could only think of Gumshoes from the Phoenix Wright games. XD

6. Minior is kind of funky, but neat. Mudbray is adorable and I want it. Fomantis and Lurantis are just kind of meh for me. Oricorio has some amusing forms.

7. Z-moves are kind of meh for me. Not sure how I feel about them, but eh, I'm sure people will get used to them just like they did with Megas.

8. Doom Bloom is the best name for a move ever and you cannot convince me otherwise.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Hmmm maybe with the "Alola Forms" we will be seeing more familiar pokemon with different forms/typing...Who knows, maybe other pokemon (Gen1's ARE transferable from the Red/blue/yellow remakes) will be popping up with some surprises. Charizard (and *GASP!* Gyarados!) might have the dragon type tag added.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I think the 'forms' would have been better if done a different way.
Like vulpix/ninetales for example.

Instead of making it a region form.. Have it kinda like eevee or something. Use an ice stone or something (Yes, I know ice stones dont exist but shut up for a second ok?) and you'll get the Icy vulpix/ninetales. Firestone will evolve it normally.
Thats just my two cents tho

Siggy under construction!

Magnakilro

Mirana wrote:
Magnakilro wrote:and then there's the fact that we not have Gyms or HM's anymore.....with those Island Trial things. And Poke Ride is seemingly HM's without taking up a party slot (the ride pokemon aren't yours)
But why is this a bad thing? I for one welcome riding Pokemon, I don't always want a Pokemon that can learn surf or fly or whatever HM move I need in my party. Not to mention the trials are a refreshing change from gyms. This looks like the most amazing Pokemon game to come out in a while for me. I personally can't wait. It's like when some people heard in this game that your Pokemon's moves will register your opponents typing and tell you which are super effective and non effective, so many people threw a fit that it was catering to the casual players which made me laugh, cause like, it's Pokemon..
Oh no, I'm not hating on it at all...I love it too! I'm interested to see how this all plays out!

Also that Exeggutor may be on my team, possibly, perhaps....I dunno.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

If there is only 4 "gyms" I wonder how long the story will be this time. Not that pokemon stories are all that long to begin with haha
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this, but I thought it'd be funny. Basically the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Alolan Exeggutor

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Silivren

Magnakilro wrote:
Mirana wrote:
Oh no, I'm not hating on it at all...I love it too! I'm interested to see how this all plays out!

Also that Exeggutor may be on my team, possibly, perhaps....I dunno.
Oh my mistake! I misunderstood, I'm loving these new changes, it's refreshing to me. The Z moves and such I'm super excited about. This gen has some of the best Pokemon since well.. probably gen 2 to me :lol:

But the moment you gave me a Ninetales AND a pony? I was sold.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Varethyn wrote:Forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this, but I thought it'd be funny. Basically the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Alolan Exeggutor
So the Alolan Exeggutor is related to the Lesser Dog? Scary. XD

I'm in love with the Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales and my favorite version of Oricorio by a mile is the Sensu style. The island challenges are very intriguing to me and I can't wait to find out who the other two totem Pokemon are as Gumshoos and Lurantis (in the Japanese trailer) were revealed to be them for two of the islands. I'm personally not a fan of Gumshoos.
Magnakilro

Volcanion is finally getting non-Japan distributions. In North America in October, you can get a Serial Code in Gamestop to get him. Europe is stated to be getting him too.

It will be lvl 70 with Steam Eruption, Hydro Pump, Flamethrower and Explosion. It holds an Assault Vest

And while we're on the subject, don't forget to pick up your Arceus serial code from Gamestop this month!