Pokemon!

Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Magnakilro »

FORGOT TO MENTION! If you download the dlc (both packs, one Sword, one Shield, are $30 backs and includes both sets of DLC content), go to Wedgehurst Station to meet your version exclusive rival for the Isle of Armor dlc....during this meeting, you'll be able to catch your own Galarian Slowpoke. Note that this specific Slowpoke encounter is Shiny-locked, but a shiny can be bred. Also note that it can't evolve yet as the items needed are only available in the dlc's themselves.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

DLC eh?
How aboooout those new, expressive animations we were promised >>

Siggy under construction!

Magnakilro

Another note on the dlc:

You do NOT need to buy the dlc to have access to the added past gen pokemon....but you WILL need to trade to get them or use Pokemon Home.....catching them yourself in-game requires the dlc though (minus Galar Slowpoke). So if you're only interested in the old pokemon, then you don't need to spend the $30.

Also if you DO buy the Expansion Pass, you'll get 2 codes emailed to you...these codes unlock a Pikachu themed outfit set and an Eevee one.

Lastly, there's a new Wild Area event running: G-Max Alcremie is now more common in both games. G-max Flapple and Coalossal are more common in Sword. G-max Appletun and Lapras are more common in shield.

And I forgot to mention that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team are being remastered for the Switch as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX.
Magnakilro

Another thing, cuz I'm so forgetful:

Pokemon Home is releasing in February! With it, you'll be able to bring in Pokemon from Pokemon Go, Pokemon Let's Go, Pokemon Sun/Moon, Pokemon US/UM, and Pokemon SwSH. Note however that the pokemon you send to Home can ONLY be sent out to SWSH...and even then, ONLY if they are actually allowed in. Remember that around 100 pokemon are returning in Isle of Armor and 100 more in Crown Tundra. This will also allow you to use Alolan formns for existing Pokemon in Galar (Meowth/Persian, Diglett/Dugtrio, Raichu). Also note that some Mythicals will be allowed in as well: (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Keldeo, Marshadow, Zeraora, Meltan, and Melmetal)

Isle of Armor comes out fully in June

Crown Tundra comes out this Fall.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

SUPER pumped about the new stuff!! I'm so, so glad they're going the DLC route vs another entire full-price game like they've done in the past. Keeping my same team/data and half the price? yes, please.

On another note- the shiny pokemon den glitch is a godsend. TONS of the raids advertised right now are shinies. Makes it feel really rewarding to join in on raids!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I am interiged by this DLC. I was at first under the impression that the were split into two 30$ purchases, but I'm pleased to see that they're not. It's just 30$ PER GAME. I'm so freaking excited for the mystery dungeon remake. The art style is adorable.

Also, where are you finding these shiny raids? I can barely get raid stamps to show up, let alone get anyone to join my G-max raids. ._.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I love how they said they wouldn't be adding the older Pokemon due to space requirements but are now adding them in with DLC. I see what you did there Pokemon.
Magnakilro

Pokemon Home is now out! Here's what you can expect from it:

There is a Free version and a paid subscription. The Subscription gives full access to all features. Below is what you get in Free and in Sub.

Pokemon Home is available on Switch and Mobile. The Switch Version can pull pokemon directly out of SwSh, Let's Go and can connect with Pokebank on 3DS to pull pokemon from there.

Mobile version allows access to Mystery Gift, trading (GTS, Wonder Trade, Friend Trade and Room trade) as well as connecting to Pokemon Bank for transfers.

REMEMBER: TRANSFERS FROM POKEMON BANK ARE 1-WAY! Transfers from Let's Go are 2-way until you send the pokemon to SwSh, at which point it can ONLY go to Home or SwSh

There are free pokemon gifts as well if you use Home!

1: Pikachu: Already in your box in the Switch version

2: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle choice: Choice is given upon first use of Mobile Pokemon Home. They have their Hidden Abilities.

3: Pichu Mystery Gift: The mobile version allows you to decorate your profile page with stickers. The first time you do this, you get a Pichu in Mystery Gift.

4: Eevee Mystery Gift: Given when you successfully complete a Wonder Trade in the mobile version for the first time.

5: Rotom Mystery Gift: Rewarded when a pokemon you post in the GTS is successfully traded away the first time.

6: Original Color Magearna Mystery Gift: Previously unreleased until now. Completing the National Pokedex in Home will net you this new cutie! NOTE! THERE IS A BUG WHERE YOU MAY NOT ACTUALLY GET IT! To fix it, you need a FULL living dex in your Pokemon Home boxes...move every pokemon 1 box left in the Switch version, then check your Mobile version. If you still don't get it, you'll need to move the pokemon 1 box to the right in the Switch version again. YOU MIGHT NEED ALL 890 POKEMON IN HOME AT ONCE TOO! ....its best to wait for a fix in all honesty XD.

Lastly, here's the subscription pricing:

1 month: $3

3 months: $5

1 year: $16
Magnakilro

ON TOP OF ALL THIS! The Following pokemon can now be used in SwSh when sent via Home:

Bulbasaur > Ivysaur > Venusaur

Squirtlle > Wartortle > Blastoise

Mewtwo

Mew (if you didn't get it from Pokeball Plus, this serves as another method)

Celebi

Jirachi

Cobalion

Terrakion

Virizion

Keldeo

Reshiram

Zekrom

Kyurem (bring him to the antique vendor in Stow-on-Side for the DNA Splicers)

Rowlet > Dartrix > Decidueye

Litten > Torracat > Incineroar

Popplio > Brionne > Primarina

Cosmog > Cosmoem > Solgaleo/Lunala

Necrozma (bring him to the same guy you bring Kyurem to for the N-Solarizer and N-Lunarizer)

Marshadow

Zeraora

Meltan > Melmetal (still only evolves in Pokemon Go)

The following forms are obtainable now too:

Alolan Raichu

Alolan Meowth > Alolan Persian

Alolan Vulpix > Alolan Ninetales

Alolan Diglett > Alolan Dugtrio

Kantonian Ponyta > Kantonian Rapidash

Kantonian Weezing

Kantonian Farfetch'd

Johtonian Corsola

Hoennian Zigzagoon > Hoennian Lineoone

Unovan Darumaka > Unovan Darmanitan

Unovan Stunfisk

Ash's Hat Pikachu.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

If anyone is doing any trading on here I have a lot of the new pokemon and can breed babies if needed :D
Magnakilro

NEW POKEMON REVEALED!

There's been mention that a new Mythical pokemon was to be revealed today, Pokemon Day!

And well....we got him here! Please welcome: Zarude!

Zarude is a Dark/Grass type monkey with the Leaf Guard ability (Immune to status in Sunny weather)

I for one quite like him! He's really cool!

He's also the first time the first Mythical of a generation wasn't a cutsie pixie-style babie pokemon.

In other news:

To Celebrate Pokemon Day, on top of the currently ongoing G-max Toxtricity, kingler, Hatterene, Orbeetle and Grimmsnarl event....a new raid event is now active till March 1. This new event allows raid battles against Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle, Wartortle, and Mewtwo.

(Charmander and Charmeleon were already available in raids to begin with...this event makes em easier to find)

The Kanto starters can be captured. Ivysaur can drop Toxic Orbs, Hondew Berries and Qualot Berries

Charmeleon can drop Flame Orbs, Kelpsey Berries and Pomeg Berries

Wartortle can drop Life Orbs, Grepa Berries and Tamato Berries.

Mewtwo CAN'T BE CAPTURED! The game even gives you a warning about this when joining a Mewtwo raid. He is also EXCESSIVELY difficult, requiring a full party and a good strategy to defeat.

Mewtwo is lvl 100 and opens the battle with a 6 layer shield, getting another at half hp. He tends to spam like 3-5 attacks in a row every turn, including a guarenteed Calm Mind each turn. Known moves: Fire Blast, Blizzard, Psystrike, Calm Mind, and Focus Blast. The game SEEMS to give you a 100% success rate on cheers in Mewtwo raids from my experience too.

After defeat, Mewtwo auto-escapes.

Rewards: Mewtwo drops a TON of Exp Candy L and a decent amount of XL.....2 Bottle Caps, PP Ups, PP Maxes, valuable vendor trash items, Psychic TR, and the main reward: Free Ability Capsules. For those that don't know what this does, Ability Capsules allow you to change your pokemon's ability. It doesn't work on Pokemon with 1 ability or Pokemon that have their Hidden Ability. It also can't switch to the Pokemon's Hidden ability. Ability Capsules are usually rather expensive in Battle Tower-type areas.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Roms are, to my knowledge, not supported games and so codes will likely not work on them.

Siggy under construction!

Magnakilro

Wow....this thread has been dead for over a year....Isle of Armor hadn't even launched yet when the last post was made! Let's revive with updates!

Since the last post, Sword and Shield were fully updated with Isle of Armor AND crown Tundra....releasing new pokemon Kubfu and Urshifu (IoA), Calyrex, Regidrago, Regieleki, Spectrier andd Glastrier (CT) to the world

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, VERY faithful remakes of the original Sinnoh pair of games (platinum has no bearing on them) launched, and brought with it one of the hardest playthroughs pokemon has brought forth (unless you like to overlevel) thanks to the gym leaders and e4 using competitive movesets, EV's, IV's, and held items (Flint having a Minimize + Baton Pass Drifblim to pass the evasion to a Focus Sash Infernape is evil). I enjoyed these remakes!

Legends: Arceus, a very different beast from the standard pokemon fare, also launched! Pokemon's first foray into open world brought with it new pokemon to the total: Ursaluna, Kleavor, Basculegion, Wyrdeer, Overqwil, Sneasler and Enamorous! This brings the final pokemon total to 905! This was my favorite gen 8 game.

In modern news, Generation 9 was announced: Scarlet and Violet!

The games are slated to release this year and will be fully open world adventures in the new Paldea region. There's numerous mentions that we can choose what order we do the gyms in! Here's what we know so far:

- Seems to be a Past and Future theme as the professor and legendary in Scarlet are past-themed....Violet's professor and legendary are Future themed.

- Various differences based on version such as outfit colors in the region's school, and the Professor is a different person in each

- New battle gimmick: Terastal: How I understand it is: Each Pokemon has a Tera Type....once per battle you can Terastalize a pokemon, turning it crystal and giving it a fancy new hat. In this new form, the pokemon activates its Tera type, which can be the same as the mon's natural type or a different type altogether (Water type Gardevoir for example) and thus changes type matchups. In Tera form, the pokemon gets empowered STAB boosts on moves that match its Tera type or its original types. Tera form lasts the whole battle and any mon can do it. No held item required. You DO need to recharge the orb you use to trigger it though by visitting a Pokemon center or crystals out in the field.

- Raids return but now you can attack freely without waiting for anyone else in your group to move. You can also choose to cheer to support the team instead of attack (cheer has a usage limit of 3 per raid). Because of the new changes, raids now have a time limit in place of a turn limit. Raids can be a good way to get rare tera types.

- Launch event: Flying Tera Type Pikachu that knows Fly. Only way to get this.

- New pokemon:

Sprigatito: Grass type cat. Starter.

Fuecoco: Fire type crocodile. Starter

Quaxley: Water type Duck. Starter

Smoliv: Grass/Normal. Lil olive thingus

Lechonk: Normal. Piggy.

Pawmi: Electric. Obligatory Pikachu clone

Fidough: Fairy. Bread dog

Cetitan: Ice. Land whale

Koraidon: Scarlet legendary

Miraidon: Violet legendary.

-New regional variant: Paldean Wooper. Poison/Ground

- Koraidon and Miraidon are our new rides to speed up travel through the region.

I'm excited for these games for sure! They look great!

Personal updates:

I have become a proud owner of a legitimate shiny Mew thanks to Pokemon Go!

I have gone through my first four nuzlockes, EVER!

1: A standard locke of Ultra Moon: 5 deaths

2: Shield with only Fighting types. This was the closest to a fail!

3: Sword, Bug only. Easiest Leon fight ever

4: Brilliant Diamond, standard: The most I ever had to strategize. Ended with only 3 deaths!