Pokemon!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm concerned about the news that there will be no transfers of Pokemon to the new games that aren't part of the Galar regional dex. That could seriously impact my enjoyment of future games if they stick to this - without having all of the Pokemon available, what's the point? And some of my favourites are likely obscure unpopular ones that might not be included. I'd hate for Sword & Shield, along with future generations, to be limited by only the newest gen and a handful of popular old faces rather than include the entire dex.

:/
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Yeah I REALLY hope they change that. That's just dumb.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Vephriel

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/11/18 ... -home-bank

I'd like to hope they'll change their mind in the future but, the wording doesn't leave me feeling optimistic.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Wait.. So since I grabbed mew on Lets go, I cant get it on Sword/Shield? D: If I had known that, I wouldnt have grabbed my mew on lets go ;A;

Siggy under construction!

Magnakilro

Not only that but it looks like Mega Evolution and Z-Moves got the axe too. Dynamax replaced both.

As for the Mew thing, maybe I misread the wording...may be able to send it to S&S thru Home.

Straight from Serebii: If you connect a new Poké Ball Plus with Pokémon Sword & Shield, you can send the Mythical Pokémon, Mew to Sword & Shield
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Vephriel wrote:I'm concerned about the news that there will be no transfers of Pokemon to the new games that aren't part of the Galar regional dex. That could seriously impact my enjoyment of future games if they stick to this - without having all of the Pokemon available, what's the point? And some of my favourites are likely obscure unpopular ones that might not be included. I'd hate for Sword & Shield, along with future generations, to be limited by only the newest gen and a handful of popular old faces rather than include the entire dex.

:/
honestly this kind of feels like them being lazy. Yes I know how much work goes into making animations and stuff (as an animator I know first hand) but they could reuse some olds ones. I mean who'd know or care?
Magnakilro

Something horrible came to mind.

So Pokemon Home can have pokemon from Pokebank, Let's Go, Go and Sword/Shield transferred to it.

All of these but SwSh are ONE WAY transfers.

Meaning if you send a mon that can't be in SwSh? That mon is effectively STUCK in Home.
Vephriel

https://shelgon.tumblr.com/post/1855543 ... ed-several
Masuda on the Decision to Limit Pokémon Sword and Shield to the Galar Pokedex: He didn’t like the decision, but it was needed. He wanted to bring every single Pokémon to Sword and Shield but they wanted to focus on higher quality animations. Ohmori mentions this idea was proposed for Pokémon Sun and Moon.

According to Masuda, there is still no decision taken on bringing non-Galar Pokémon to Pokémon Sword & Shield via updates. All Pokémon will still have an active role in Pokémon Home.
Not sounding promising so far. :/

https://shelgon.tumblr.com/post/1855530 ... masuda-has
There are a couple of different parts to the thinking behind it, but really the biggest reason for it is just the sheer number of Pokemon. We already have well over 800 Pokemon species, and there’s going to be more added in these games. And now that they’re on the Nintendo Switch, we’re creating it with much higher fidelity with higher quality animations. But even more than that, it’s coming down to the battle system. We’re making sure we can keep everything balanced and give all the Pokemon that appear in the games a chance to shine. We knew at some point we weren’t going to be able to indefinitely keep supporting all of the Pokemon, and we just found that Sword and Shield would probably be a good point to go back and reevaluate what would be the best selection of Pokemon that appeal to the widest audience while keeping into consideration the balance of the battle system. It isn’t just going to be all-new Pokemon in the Galar region Pokedex; there’s still going to be a lot of favorites that fans will be able to bring over that they’ve adventured with previously. But yeah, it was pretty much just balancing and getting this optimal selection of Pokemon for the adventure we wanted to provide.
I'm really not happy if this is the direction they choose to go...
Magnakilro

Yup. This honestly is not a good direction. I can live without Z-moves and Megas...but cutting out a lot of pokemon is not good.

And even if Pokemon Home gives us things to do with our mons, it still doesn't excuse the fact that they'll essentially be in purgatory until a game comes out where the pokemon is actually in the pokedex.
Magnakilro

In other news, there is confirmation that we'll be at over 1000 species total as of gen 8. Meaning gen 8 will be the largest in terms of brand new pokemon as there'll be at least 191 new ones, beating out Gen 5's 156.
Vephriel

If it was going to come to this, I wish they'd made smaller generations so the amount of pokemon didn't escalate so quickly. I'd take quality over quantity, as there are gens where it feels like there's just "filler" pokemon in all honesty.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

tOn one hand, I can see why they may have cut out if we're going to hit the 1k mark. That's A LOT of Pokemon to code in, but at the same time, many pokemon from older games have memories tied to them. Plenty of mine do. I figured they didn't want to hit the 1k mark anytime soon, thus why the newer pokemon have been in fewer batches. I'd be perfectly happy to have other pokemon come in later updates though.

The competitive scene isn't too pleased with this announcements, but I suppose it'll force them to change up their teams.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Magnakilro

New Pokemon info!

First, new pokemon!

Duraludon:

Type: Steel/Dragon

Abilities: Heavy Metal or Light Metal

New Move: Exhaustive Beam: 140 Base Power Steel type move that does 50% user's hp in recoil. Name was the winner of a competition where fans got to make a name for the 'most powerful Steel type move'.

Rolycoly:

Type: Rock

Abilities: Steam Engine or Heatproof.

Steam Engine is a new ability that grants a drastic Speed boost to Rolycoly if it is hit by a Fire or Water move.

Alcremie:

Type: Fairy

Ability: Sweet Veil

There will be version exclusive Gym Leaders. Sword players face Bea, a Fighting type user. Shield gets Allister, a Ghost user.

New feature: Gigantamax. Essentially an upgraded Dynamax that not only makes the pokemon bigger, but changes its form as well. Each Gigantamax pokemon (seems only certain ones can do it) gets a unique G-Max Move.

Gigantamax Drednaw:

G-Max Move: G-Max Stonesurge: Does damage and applies Stealth Rock

Gigantamax Corviknight:

G-max Move: G-max Wind Rage: Deals damage and removes all Terrains, Screens and Entry hazards from the field.

Gigantamax Alcremie:

G-max Move: G-Max Finale: Deals damage and heals every pokemon on the user's side.

Gigantamax seems to occur when you Dynamax a specific pokemon under certain conditions.

New event: Buying the Sword/Shield double pack will you give you 2 codes, one for each game. These codes give special Dynamax Crystals that unlock a Max Raid against Larvitar in Sword and Jangmo-o in Shield. These pokemon are not normally catchable in the game you summon them in, being usually exclusive to the other. They are also typically found later in the game. So its a way to get a normally unavailable pokemon earlier.
Magnakilro

Version exclusive notes:

Jangmo-o and Deino are Sword exclusive

Larvitar and Goomy are Shield exclusive.

This is ignoring the Double Pack event.
Magnakilro

NEW DETAILS!

First off, we now have Galarian Form pokemon, thus marking a return of Regional Variants.

First: Galarian Weezing!

Type: Poison/Fairy

Next: Galarian Zigzagoon!

Type: Normal/Dark

Galarian Linoone as well

BUT this time, we get an evolution seemingly exclusive to the Regional variant!

Obstagoon!

We also have 1 new pokemon with 2 forms.

Meet Morpeko

Type: Electric/Dark

Morpeko has the 'Hunger Switch' ability which changes its form and its signature move, Aura Wheel. The form in the picture above is 'Full Belly' form...which has an Electric Type Aura Wheel.

This is 'Hangry Form' and uses a Dark type Aura Wheel.

New rivals:

Bede

and Marnie

Behind Marnie are her fans: Team Yell

These people will stop at nothing to make sure Marnie becomes champion.
Vephriel

Magnakilro wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:45 pm NEW DETAILS!

Next: Galarian Zigzagoon!

Type: Normal/Dark

Galarian Linoone as well

BUT this time, we get an evolution seemingly exclusive to the Regional variant!

Obstagoon!

omg I love the zigzagoon forms! :lol:
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

OH MAN!! I really love Obstagoon, I hope I can find a way to fit one on my team!!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Man I love Zigzagoon but am super sad the normal one does not seem to evolve ;-;
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

That announcement gave us Doug Dimmidome, Minion Hamster, and KISS... I love it already. Especially the Galarian Zigzagoon line. Of all the things they've cut from these games, I'm glad to see they're still using regional variants.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Interesting new concepts. They definitionally arent the worst things I've ever seen and they dont really bother me that much. Mostly just got a LOL REALLY OK out of me.
I likely still will not buy the game though :c
Gotta catch SOME of them doesnt sound fun.
And from what we have seen so far from previews, theyv'e lied about the whole "giving the pokemon more emotion", as their models are 1 for 1 the same as the old ones and so far, the animations are the same as well.
I GUESS WE WILL SEE THOUGH.

Siggy under construction!