Pokemon!

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by Makoes »

Hmmm...not sure how I feel about meltan let alone it's evolution...and method.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Niantic....why ya gotta support a shitty group like this....

https://twitter.com/NianticLabs/status/ ... 9980924933

For those that don't know. Autism Speaks is a horrible group. 4% of it's money goes to help autistic people and they stigmatize autistic kids and adults and also think vaccines cause autism.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Pokemon Go news: November's '7 Research Stamp' prize will be Shedinja. What's interesting is that we still can't even get Nincada yet...so this could mean that we might finally see the Nincada line in full.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Lisaara wrote:Niantic....why ya gotta support a shitty group like this....

https://twitter.com/NianticLabs/status/ ... 9980924933

For those that don't know. Autism Speaks is a horrible group. 4% of it's money goes to help autistic people and they stigmatize autistic kids and adults and also think vaccines cause autism.
Nintendo(America) has a weird, cryptic "We're listening, too." thing on their twitter's header now. My interest in saving up for a new switch and the deluxe edition of Let's go, Eevee is rapidly dwindling...
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Got Let's Go, Pikachu and I went from "tentatively excited" to "absolutely in love". I actually might be more excited for future Let's Go instalments than future mainline games. Don't get me wrong- the pokeball aiming mechanic is frustrating as heck and absolutely the WORST part of the game. The aiming feels random, laggy and just... not good. But I actually love the way random battles have been replaced with a simple catch game, and seeing pokemon in the overworld vs randomly walking into them makes the world feel way more alive and like a pokemon hunt is really a hunt- and I don't miss seeing my team for every random fight, because they can just follow me around. (Plus there are so many goddang trainers I get to see them plenty anyway)

And the shiny chaining system- oh, do I love thee, shiny chains.

How are other people feeling about the Let's Go games? :D

(Also, for anyone else suffering from the aiming mechanics, holding the switch in handheld mode makes it SUPER SUPER easy and fun again.)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

It certainly looks like a good alternative to the main line games. I've been a bit bored at the last few mainly because they are all starting to feel the same to me >.>

But I don't have a Switch yet! There just are not any games on it currently that I think are worth buying a whole console for. Maybe when that No More Heroes comes out or another Monster hunter title if they bring another one out.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Me and my BF have been playing it together.
Its fun. Weird, but fun.
We hate how we cant battle pokemon and have to catch things to really get any good exp. The aiming is a bit dumb, and timing is off some times.
The Pokeball+ is garbage though. There were a lot of oversights with it, unless I'm just not understanding it correctly. It's missing a lot of buttons that the controller would have, so if youre playing with the Pokeball plus, be ready to not be able to access a lot of things that require you to push stuff like the X or Y buttons.
Other than that, its fun.
BF has been using only bedrill and going BZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZ outloud every time he uses fury attack. Had many good laughs so far.

Siggy under construction!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

It's okay. Kinda nice to have a real causal Pokemon game.
The catching is... meh at best.
Especially when the Pokemon moves to either side so it's harder to aim with motion controls.
I've mostly been playing it in hand held mode.
Pokemon following you once again is amazing, especially since you can ride the larger ones.
Love seeing the Pokemon in the over world, although it does lag a bit if there's too many on the screen in hand held.
Eevee is drop dead ADOREABLE.
Glad I didn't get the Pokeball+ as all I've heard about it is that it's garbage.

There is one really big grip I have about it...

TEAM ROCKETS MEOWTH DOES NOT TALK. HOW CAN YOU INCLUDE TEAM ROCKET, BUT NOT TALKING MEOWTH?!

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Magnakilro

Been having a great time with it! Lotta fun! Pikachu's cute as heck. Not a fan that we are forced to catch and catch and catch some more to lvl though or train up stats tho.

I even caught three shinies so far! (Bulbasaur, Golbat and Oddish)
Magnakilro

Shiny Hunting Methods in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

We love shinies...here's the methods present in these games so you can try to get one!

To get the Shiny Charm (higher shiny chances just for having it), you need to catch all non-mythical pokemon in Kanto's pokedex (don't need Mew, Meltan or Melmetal)

The methods:

Soft Reset: A common tactic for shiny hunting...this is present here too. Soft reset can be used on interactable wild pokemon (Snorlax, Electrode, Legendaries) and gifted pokemon (Porygon, Lapras, Fossils, Hitmons, Kanto Starters) to try for a shiny. The starter Pikachu and Eevee are shiny-locked. Don't even try.

Trading: In Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, you can trade Kanto pokemon for their Alola form counterparts. What's interesting though is that you can do these trades as many times as you like! No limit other than needing the right pokemon. Not only that, but the trade result CAN be shiny! This is the ONLY way to get shiny alolan forms in these games. Note 1: DON'T TRADE YOUR SHINIES TO THESE PPL! YOU ARE NOT GUARENTEED A SHINY IN RETURN! Note 2: Alolan Sandshrew and Grimer and Pikachu exclusive....Alolan Meowth and Vulpix are Eevee exclusive.

Catch Combo: Catching the same pokemon over and over can get various bonuses! at 11, 21, and finally 31 chains you increase shiny chances as well as other things, such as guarenteed 4 perfect IV's. Combined with Lures and Shiny Charm, this is the best method for shinies. The shiny chance is a blanket, all inclusive buff...it doesn't only effect the pokemon you are chaining. So you could farm route 1 pokemon, then head to like...Victory Road to shiny hunt.
Magnakilro

Forgot to mention: The following factors will break a Catch Combo:

1: Catching a pokemon other than what you are comboing. (you have a combo of 11 Pidgey but you catch a Rattatta...you just broke your combo. Catching a pokemon of the same evolution line ends your combo too. Your Pidgey combo will break if you catch Pidgeotto)

2: Other Pokemon runs away. When going for a capture attempt, every pokemon has some animations to be aware of:

A: Dodging. This won't remove the capture circles, but its harder to hit the pokemon with the ball during this animation as they are mobile. Jumping in the air, jumping to the side, Floating/Flying to the side, floating/flying all around are all examples of Dodge animations.

B: Attacking animation: The pokemon stops moving, and instead does an attack. During this animation, the capture circles disappear. Your pokeballs will be wasted even if you hit the pokemon during this animation. Some pokemon, like Charizard and the Legendary Birds, have 2 attack animations, so be mindful of that.

C: Fleeing animation: Similar to an attack animation, the pokemon stops moving around and does a special animation. The difference is that the capture circles are still present, meaning pokeballs still function during this animation. The point of this animation is that the pokemon is signalling that it is about to run away, breaking your catch combo. If you see this animation, the best course of action is to run away first and preserve your combo.

and 3: Turning the game off. Going to the Switch home menu and turning off Pokemon Let's Go via the 'Close Software' option or fully powering off your system entirely will break your combo. Going into Sleep mode is safe however.

Hope this helps!
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Guys! I've lost my shiny poipole code!!! Does anyone have an extra one :(

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

*emerges from the shadows*

Ahem, I'm currently looking for some assistance in finishing my Pokedex. I need all the trade evolutions, Meltan, Melmetal, Growlithe, Hitomlee and Mew. I don't need to keep any of these. I just need them for the pokedex.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Magnakilro

Been a while. Guess I should talk about my Pokemonning thus far!

Pokemon Crystal I've cleared. Got a shiny Ditto through a glitch, used it to breed a shiny Eevee in 20 eggs. Completed pokedex. Now I'm soft resetting for shiny celebi.

Let's go pikachu: Added shiny Psyduck, rattatta, Onix and Chansey to my collection.

Pokemon Go:

Added a good few shinies to my list. December's community day was a very nice one for me XD

3 Charmanders. Counting the one I got from the Charmandser community day, that's 4 total. I sent one to Let's go, one stayed a Charmander, one's a charmeleon and the first one's a Charizard.

2 Dratinis. Sent one to a friend in Let's go. the other is a dragonite now.

A mareep, now a Flaaffy.

Hatched a shiny Togepi, now a togetic

caught a shiny Houndour, now Houndoom

caught a shiny Meltan, now Melmetal

caught a shiny Swinub, now Mamoswine

I also have Articuno, zapdos, Moltres, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-oh thanks to research events.
Magnakilro

Update: CAUGHT SHINY CELEBI!
Magnakilro

NEW POKEMON GAMES REVEALED!

The long awaited reveal of Generation 8 is finally here! the first mainline games to be on a main console (I consider Let's Go a spinoff)

Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are the titles this time around.

The new region is the Galar region, which is based on the UK.

Gyms are back so we're back to the traditional '8 badges then pokemon league' journey!

Let's Go's catch mechanics are not utilized in these games, as expected. This applies to encounters as well...the wild pokemon pop up at random like they've done in the past.

Trainer Customization looks to be returning as well as the trailer showed the player characters in multiple outfits.

NEW POKEMON!

The three starter pokemon have been revealed!

Grookey, a Grass type monkey.

Scorbunny, a Fire type Rabbit.

and Sobble, a Water type lizard of some sort.

Scorbunny appears to be very fast, and leaves fire under his feet. Sobble can camouflage himself, and Grookey can apparently make grass grow with the stick he keeps in his 'hair'.

Returning Pokemon so far:

Pichu line, Minccino line, Hoothoot line, Grubbin line, Wishiwashi, Deino line, Trapinch line, Rufflet line, Wailmer line, Espurr line, Riolu line, Larvitar line and Munchlax line.

It LOOKS to me like we may be getting at least 1 Wolf legendary. The Sword logo and the Shield logo both feature a Wolf's head on top, facing away from each other. Seeing this, I think we're either getting 2 Wolf legendaries, or 1 Wolf legendary with 2 forms. That, or the wolf head is just there to look cool XD

Anyways...I'M HYPE!
Magnakilro

POKEMON NEWS DROP!

Pokemon Sword and Shield:

New Pokemon:

Drednaw: Water/Rock snapping turtle pokemon.

Corviknight: Flying/Steel Raven pokemon. He's our new Fast travel as well.

Gossifleur: Grass type flower thing!

Eldegoss: Gossifleur's evolved form

Wooloo: Normal type sheep!

Zacian: Sword legendary

Zamazenta: Shield legendary!

Gossifleur/Eldegoss have a new ability: Cotton Down. It works just like Goodra's Gooey ability and Alolan Dugtrio's Tangled Hair ability: Reduces attacker's Speed if attacker hits the pokemon with physical contact.

New Battle feature: Dynamax.

Think of it as the fusion of Mega Evolution and Z-moves. Once per battle you can make one of your pokemon grow to a massive size. All of its moves also become stronger 'Max' moves. The Dynamax form lasts 3 turns.

Wild Area: A massive stretch of wilderness with a great diversity of biomes and pokemon. Pokemon are seen in the Overworld here (not sure about elsewhere) with species varying based on location and weather.

Max Raid Battles: In the Wild Area you can team up with up to 3 other players locally or online to battle powerful raid boss pokemon that are permanently Dynamaxxed. Only one person in the group can Dynamax themself to even the score. Defeating a raid boss allows you to catch it and unlocks the ability to find that particular pokemon naturally occuring in the Wild Area (examples include Gyarados, Steelix, Milotic).

Gym leaders are back. Our first one is a Grass expert named Milo!

Gym Leader battles take place in massive stadiums and are televised. Galar is MASSIVELY big on battles.

Gym leaders have access to Dynamax as well.

New professor: Professor Magnolia

Professor's assistant/grand-daughter: Sonia

Champion: Leon

Rival and Leon's brother: Hop

Rotom is our pokedex again...but this time Rotom's in our smartphone with the pokedex as an app. Rotom are also used as camera drones in gyms.

Bicycle returns. The Rotom in your phone can even power it up for new features...such as biking across water.

Games are releasing November 15.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

*Squints at the Legendaries*
Who put all this stuff on those poor Day Form Lycanrocs?

Siggy under construction!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

More legendaries that I don't like the look of. Great.
Magnakilro

Nintendo's E3 moment hit and included new Pokemon Sword and Shield info!

First off, we got 2 new pokemon from the playable demo:

1: Yamper, an electric type Corgi

He has a new ability: Ball Fetch. This ability can only be used if Yamper isn't holding an item. He'll fetch your first failed pokeball from that battle.

2: Impidimp. He is Dark/Fairy

More info:

New gym leader: Nessa

She uses Water types and has a Dynamax Drednaw.

Pokeball Plus can store Pokemon from Sword and Shield.

If you haven't yet sent your mew to Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee with a new Pokeball Plus, it can be sent to Sword/Shield instead.

Pokemon HOME can only send Pokemon to Sword and Shield if they are in the Galar pokedex.

Grookey has a new move: Branch Poke.

You can only use one pokemon in a Max Raid battle which can be chosen from your box or party.

The person who can Dynamax in a Max Raid changes each turn but only 1 person can do it.

At 50% hp, the Raid boss gets a barrier that protects its health. You must destroy this to continue damage.

Raids have a 10 turn limit.

New feature: Y-Comm...essentially the new PSS from Gen 6...you can use it to organize trades, battles and raids. It also gives notifications on what your friends are up to. If connected to it, you can find friends in the Wild Area and receive items.