Skyrim assasin question

Raindra

Skyrim assasin question

Unread post by Raindra »

So I basicly REALY want to play an assasin, but I tried to do stealth and hated it. The pace was too slow, not to mention once I got found out I sucked at fighting. I also know I will have to fight dragons, and I cant sneak up on them. So does anyone know if you can play like a warrior assasin, or do you have to be like a stealthy subtle class to do it?
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: Skyrim assasin question

Unread post by Redith »

An assasin is someone who kills for money. So yes in skyrim you can be a warrior assasin lol.

All jokes aside it doesnt matter what kind of toon your playing, you can join the dark brotherhood (Assasin clan)
Oh and there are 2 NPCs in the clan that are not sneek assasins. Ones a mage and the other is a babarian werewolf. They are as subtle as an explosion in a china shop lol
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

I originally wanted to play as a rogue-like class, but first thing I ended up doing was joining the mage college.. So I ended up a level 35-ish ninja-mage with really high destruction/restoration/lockpicking/pickpocket/stealth/speech.

I think i'll try starting from scratch, again as a Khajiit, and go with a dagger/unarmed main hand, and a healing spell in the offhand - i'm pretty sure there's a perk that makes healing spells increase your stamina when you heal yourself, so that should make fighting as a thief a little bit more efficient. I guess i'll have to balance my stats 1:1:1 at first and then apply them accordingly to whichever stat is letting me down the most? xD

Edit: it's going quite well as a Khajiit: Unarmed MH, healing OH, i'm also leveling archery and will use heavy gloves, two of the "fury" perks in the one-handed section benefit unarmed as well - I just slink back in stealth firing arrows, they don't seem to see me, if they do I just unequip the bow and punch the crap out of anything that moves whilst holding right-click. ^^-

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Personally I love playing a sneak-thief, Proud Guild Master myself (Thieves Guild that is). I run around with two rather high-power swords and my Glass bow, and have no problems with slow-pace imo. Quite honestly, I felt slower paced on my original toon (accidentally deleted... will be rebirthed eventually), a high-elven Pyromancer. However, I see no reasons why you couldn't be an assassin as a plate-wearing warrior. My brother is a sword-and-shield Heavy Armor Nordic Stormcloak, and while he hasn't joined the Dark Brotherhood, he has no problem making short work of anyone he needs, pretty decent assassin material if you ask me.
I think i'll try starting from scratch, again as a Khajiit, and go with a dagger/unarmed main hand, and a healing spell in the offhand - i'm pretty sure there's a perk that makes healing spells increase your stamina when you heal yourself, so that should make fighting as a thief a little bit more efficient. I guess i'll have to balance my stats 1:1:1 at first and then apply them accordingly to whichever stat is letting me down the most? xD
My sneak-thief is a Khajiit, and I love the race. Though, I might have chosen a Dunmer (Dark Elf) for the particular class you have set up simply due to their higher affinity with Magic, as well as being almost as good sneaks as the Khajiit.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I personally feel that sneak-thieves (hehe) are pretty good in this game. If you have patience, you will eventually get a roll move when stealthed that makes it a LOT faster. Also, when your stealth is high enough, you can practically walk right up to enemies and they can't see you. I steal stuff right out from under them practically all the time. It's pretty nice. And the 15x normal damage from daggers while stealthed is nothing to sneeze at. It typically finishes enemies in one hit, including giants and such.

For dragons, I just make sure to have a sword and shield on me, and I switch to that. Even with my incredibly low block (pretty much whatever it starts out at), it still makes a big difference because you can bash them and stun them for a little bit. So yeah, I have my bow + stealth for peons I know I can kill in one shot, dual daggers + stealth for most fights, and a sword + shield specifically for dragons. It works well for me. :)

And yes, you technically could probably be a heavy armor-wearing assassin once you get the muffle enchant. It makes it to where you're silent when you move.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.