Guild Wars 2

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Guild Wars 2

Unread post by Lupis »

Bah, I suppose I really must install Windows on my computer then.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

Collectors Edition showed up this afternoon but some of the spikes on my statue are broken. Thanks a lot amazon. -__-
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Bah, I suppose I really must install Windows on my computer then.
You might wanna wait a bit anyway, *everything* is wrong with that game. One of the most unstable MMO launches I have ever seen. x___x I wish I had waited...

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Everdeen wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:Bah, I suppose I really must install Windows on my computer then.
You might wanna wait a bit anyway, *everything* is wrong with that game. One of the most unstable MMO launches I have ever seen. x___x I wish I had waited...
That is unfortunate. I've gotten nothing but stability from it. But it also ONLY came out Tuesday so there will be problems.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Everdeen wrote:
No worries, I'm going to have to wait a bit anyway. ^.^;; Windows is going to take six years to get on my computer because I need my dad's help and he's uh, not exactly prompt, plus I have school starting soon.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Everdeen wrote:
I've had very little problems. Nothing that's breaking the game though. The issues with party and mail seem to be a bit of a bother.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

The people that aren't having issues are in the minority. :P I could make a massive list of bugs at the moment, in and out of the game...

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I haven't experienced any issues myself yet, everything's been smooth. I've been running it on maximum graphics settings and haven't had any lag except for some longish loading screens at times.
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

The only issues i've experienced have all been guild-related.

NPCs telling me I don't have guild permission to do something.
NPCs telling me i'm not in a guild.
Guild upgrades stagnating on 00:00 and refusing to complete.
Inability to add additional upgrades to the queue

I had that "Invalid Password" error upon launch and couldn't log in for 5 or so hours; asides from that, most bugs i've seen/heard about thus far haven't really been game-breaking, just annoying/inconvenient.

Sometimes my computer cracks a shit and then restarts, but it used to do that occasionally with WoW as well. I can hear it getting ready to restart a good 1-2 seconds before the screen actually goes black. I think I need to tweak the voltage settings, but i'm too lazy. xP

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Everdeen wrote:
Are you kidding? o_o Arenanet is being praised all over for how incredibly smooth the GW2 launch has been. For only being a few days old, there are remarkably few bugs/glitches/errors. And even when there are errors, I haven't seen anyone complaining about anything game breaking, just small inconvienences. I've already leveled up to 25 with no issues whatsoever, the only thing I've noticed have been some phasing problems with overflow which were (very quickly) fixed.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:My friend is livestreaming GW2 and I went from "Meh" to "I MUST HAVE THIS GAME". It does run on Mac, yes? Please?
There might be a work around for mac uses using another program called Wine, which translates windows commands into other OS languages. There's a website here that goes a bit more into it. But I'd probably wait until they bring up the free trials, just to see if it'll work without slapping down $60.

On the topic of the game itself, I've had no bugs or issues with the game outside of a server issue on the first day of pre-release. I've not had too much of a chance to play, but between art projects I've just been having a blast.
I'm also to be found on Tarnished coast (By coincidence. XD A friend of mine was heading to the server as well) likely either on Vylka, my Asura Ranger, or Relyn Umbraclaw, my Charr Thief

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

No problems here but I have seen in-game chat where others are dealing with lag, not getting guild invites, or the guild related problems Felidire mentioned. So it looks like that experiences vary from player to player.

Jump puzzles, may take awhile but the views are gorgeous.
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

omg, I love this hat! XD

Random Lv40 drop in WvW
Arwyn wrote:Jump puzzles, may take awhile but the views are gorgeous.
Jump puzzles are awesome fun, but it's so annoying when people sit there griefing everyone trying to do 'em. >>;

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Vephriel wrote:I haven't experienced any issues myself yet, everything's been smooth. I've been running it on maximum graphics settings and haven't had any lag except for some longish loading screens at times.
You must have a pretty damn good PC then. :P

Vephriel

Hehe, yeah, my boyfriend's an IT tech and he always builds us gaming computers, so I know I'm usually good in that regard. xD
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Zuilu wrote:Are you kidding? o_o Arenanet is being praised all over for how incredibly smooth the GW2 launch has been. For only being a few days old, there are remarkably few bugs/glitches/errors. And even when there are errors, I haven't seen anyone complaining about anything game breaking, just small inconvienences. I've already leveled up to 25 with no issues whatsoever, the only thing I've noticed have been some phasing problems with overflow which were (very quickly) fixed.
All the people that don't have to suffer with any issues say this. Yes, it's true that no MMO launch is stable, but I've seen nothing worse than this, honestly. Look around any GW2-related forum and you'll find threads upon threads of people having GPU/CPU problems, crashes, errors and, probably the worst thing of all, loads of people who bought the digital copy didn't receive their copy and still haven't. And then some people, when they finally get their game, log in and are hacked right away and then perma banned. (Changed to a 72 hour ban this morning though.) There's errors everywhere. :/ My boyfriend got his copy yesterday and his serial code still isn't working for him. ArenaNet told him to just keep trying. He's tried like 30+ times now and nothing. I was having problems with my GPU but that turned out to be my own problem, but now I'm having serious lag issues that I shouldn't be having. So I've kinda given up for now with that game, I'll come back to it in a few weeks/months.

Vephriel

One of the details I'm really loving is the fact that day and night aren't constricted by real time. It's nice being able to see both over the course of a play session without being stuck as either or depending on realistic hours.

I also really love the feeling of freedom in this game. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's brand new and I'm completely unfamiliar with the world, but I feel absolutely no pressure to do...anything. I'm content wandering around, seeing how far I can explore before I get one shot by high level mobs, traveling the cities, doing things in other starting areas, lingering in pretty zones if I want to take screenshots or explore. It's just really fun, very freeform and natural. :)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

My friends think I'm crazy for wanting to roll another Ranger. D: This time a Human Ranger. Am I crazy? ;~; I had fun leveling my Charr, but that little voice in me says I should try to level a Human Ranger too. This wouldn't be such a big deal if my Charr wasn't in the 60's. XD

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thanks to my fiance, I've gotten hooked. :3

Rila Swiftclaw - Charr Ranger
Opalrose - Sylvari Mesmer
Trixie Deus - Asura Engineer
Akahana Firelotus - Human Elementalist
Ramla Thorsdotter - Norn Guardian

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Jessibelle wrote:Ramla Thorsdotter - Norn Guardian
... The daughter of Thor?! What? xD

In other news, god, I'm finally getting my new laptop soon. A shiny (and not to mention expensive) new Alienware M17x laptop. Hng they look so beautiful. This means I can FINALLY play GW2. It's funny really. I can play WoW on the top graphics no problem, yet I struggle to run GW2 smoothly at all. I'm not just getting it for GW2 though, the graphical updates to WoW will mean, if I want to continue running it smoothly on ultra graphics, I'll want a new PC eventually anyway *and* I needed a laptop for university. So perfect! :3