Guild Wars 2

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Re: Guild Wars 2

Unread post by Silivren »

Rottingham wrote:I was not a fan if the sylvari area... I'm a huge fan of the Asura though! They are comical, and Asura warriors using flurry with their sword... I nearly died from laughing! I now have two characters I am confirming to make: Charr Ranger and Asura Warrior.
Thats sad, I love Sylvari! I'm making my main whos a Sylvari Elementalist, then I'm making a Human Ranger, Charr Thief, and Asura Mesmer! xD

Silivren

Sorry to double post but I thought I'd post something I found refreshing and interesting, while I played Sylvari I encountered two pairs of same-sex relationship partners! One set female and one set male! I am very overjoyed with this as I have gay/lesbian friends who feel "left" out in games.

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I noticed this too, it seems the Sylvari are going to be the race that can/will be bisexual/homosexual. It was a little strange at first because I'm just so not used to it! Pretty cool though, a step in the right direction IMO. :)
ImageImage
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Vulpixen wrote:Sorry to double post but I thought I'd post something I found refreshing and interesting, while I played Sylvari I encountered two pairs of same-sex relationship partners! One set female and one set male! I am very overjoyed with this as I have gay/lesbian friends who feel "left" out in games.
I don't know much about this game, only that the first thing I saw were the Sylvari and I thought "hell, if I play this game THAT is the race I'm going with".

But in what way are there "same sex partners"?
Are they NPCs?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I was hoping I'd be able to snag a beta invite for this game since I'm interested in trying it, but no such luck so far. I don't want to buy it until I've had a chance to play it myself.
Silivren

Sukurachi wrote:
Vulpixen wrote:Sorry to double post but I thought I'd post something I found refreshing and interesting, while I played Sylvari I encountered two pairs of same-sex relationship partners! One set female and one set male! I am very overjoyed with this as I have gay/lesbian friends who feel "left" out in games.
I don't know much about this game, only that the first thing I saw were the Sylvari and I thought "hell, if I play this game THAT is the race I'm going with".

But in what way are there "same sex partners"?
Are they NPCs?
Yes sir they are. I did a quest which featured a gay pair of npc males and the main sylvari woman is in love with a woman.

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

That is awesome! I am going to be playing a Sylvari Engineer and this just makes me like her even more :D

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Silivren

Rhapture wrote:
That is awesome! I am going to be playing a Sylvari Engineer and this just makes me like her even more :D
My sylvari is straight but I love how everyones accounted for ^.^ Showing it as the norm in one of the racial areas makes it ok for all races too, not that it wasnt in the first place BUT it shows it may even be possible for charr, human, norn or even asura sam-sex couple npc's as well.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

GW2 question: are there macros, like in WoW?
I ask because I enjoy dual-boxing, and most of dual-boxing heavily relies on macros.
(follow, assist, mount, etc...)

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Silivren

I'm not exactly sure because I've never tried to make any. I dont dual box, terribly sorry. >.<

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Sukurachi wrote:GW2 question: are there macros, like in WoW?
I ask because I enjoy dual-boxing, and most of dual-boxing heavily relies on macros.
(follow, assist, mount, etc...)
You should be able too. Macros are a basic part of MMO's so it would be silly for them not too really.

Unless they have made something else that does the basic same job.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

As far as I'm concerned, no it does not have macros. I'm assuming this is because you're only going to really have up to nine abilities on your action bar total.

First five depend on what weapons you have equipped at the time.

Six slot is your healing ability (All classes have several healing abilities).

Eight and Seven are class ability skills. You get skill points that can be spent in other abilities, based on the class your playing of course. Last slot has your Elite Skill and I think that depends on your race.

If there was a macro option... I didn't see it last time I was on. I could always double check next time they have a stress test.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Silivren

Aleu wrote:As far as I'm concerned, no it does not have macros. I'm assuming this is because you're only going to really have up to nine abilities on your action bar total.

First five depend on what weapons you have equipped at the time.

Six slot is your healing ability (All classes have several healing abilities).

Eight and Seven are class ability skills. You get skill points that can be spent in other abilities, based on the class your playing of course. Last slot has your Elite Skill and I think that depends on your race.

If there was a macro option... I didn't see it last time I was on. I could always double check next time they have a stress test.
Exactly theres no place to put them really. :lol:

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

oh well, there goes a game I won't be playing, then.

/sad panda face.

"Step on no pets!"

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I might have some extra money this month, so depending how things go I'm tempted to just pick it up even if I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet. Without a subscription fee it's not that much of an investment, and I'm sure I'd have fun even just playing around in it for a while to make it worth the cost of purchase.

Any idea if we'll have a specified realm for everyone to congregate on? (if they wish to) Then at least we can have the community together for those that play the game. :)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Vephriel wrote:I might have some extra money this month, so depending how things go I'm tempted to just pick it up even if I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet. Without a subscription fee it's not that much of an investment, and I'm sure I'd have fun even just playing around in it for a while to make it worth the cost of purchase.

Any idea if we'll have a specified realm for everyone to congregate on? (if they wish to) Then at least we can have the community together for those that play the game. :)
Lack of sub fee really helps so I don't feel like I'm throwing money away when I decide to take a short break or don't log on some days.

You can actually "guest" friends from other servers. Meaning you can pull them on your server or go to theirs temporarily. You can do everything with the exception of World vs World. Keep in mind once you choose a home world, you're locked on it unless you pay for a transfer. No alts on other servers.

I will playing on Tarnished Coast since that seems to be where all the RPers are going.

{Flight Rising}

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I might get it but not for months. I'm still really busy finishing art for this art show I'm in and Skyrim and then next month it's MOP and Borderlands 2. XD
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

There's another stress test tomorrow!
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/716- ... ugust-15th
Missed the last one, so I'm quite happy now.
Silivren

Aleu wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I might have some extra money this month, so depending how things go I'm tempted to just pick it up even if I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet. Without a subscription fee it's not that much of an investment, and I'm sure I'd have fun even just playing around in it for a while to make it worth the cost of purchase.

Lack of sub fee really helps so I don't feel like I'm throwing money away when I decide to take a short break or don't log on some days.

You can actually "guest" friends from other servers. Meaning you can pull them on your server or go to theirs temporarily. You can do everything with the exception of World vs World. Keep in mind once you choose a home world, you're locked on it unless you pay for a transfer. No alts on other servers.

I will playing on Tarnished Coast since that seems to be where all the RPers are going.
I too am going onto Tarnished Coast with a few of my friends. ^.^

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlBvKzc8 ... r_embedded#!

I really feel like I must share with this with others. Yes this is from GW2.

{Flight Rising}