The Secret World

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

The Secret World

Unread post by Nili »

I'll update this with info in a bit...but first I wanna know who's gonna be playing the beta this weekend?
The Secret World is a massively multiplayer online game set in our own, modern-day world.

Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true. Imagine a world where vampires hunt for mortal blood in dingy London nightclubs, where werewolves lurk in the sewers beneath Seoul, and where the undead prey on the living in the shadows of New York City.
Imagine a world where you can become anything you want to be, without restrictions such as classes or levels. This is the premise for The Secret World, Funcom's upcoming massively multiplayer online game set in the modern-day real world.
Imagine a world where entire governments are swayed by the hidden hand and word of secret societies. In The Secret World you get to join these secret societies. The Illuminati, the Dragon and the Templars – each stand united in their war against the rising darkness, but divided in their pursuit for power. What secret society you choose to join will have profound, long-lasting effects on your gameplay experience.
Pre-Order now to get guaranteed access to all public beta events starting May 11th
No classes, no levels – total freedom of play - The Secret World has no classes or levels. It gives you complete freedom to be whoever you want to be and play however you want to play.
Real locations throughout the world - The Secret World allows you to adventure through your own, modern-day world. Explore cities and adventure through locations spanning across continents.
Join a secret society and fight for your side - Join one of three secret societies – the Illuminati, the Dragon or the Templars – and fight together or against other players for the power to control the world.
A storyline unlike anything seen in an MMO - From creative mind of Ragnar Tørnquist – creator of the award-winning The Longest Journey – comes a story unlike any before seen in an MMO.
Thousands of weapons and powers - Pistols, assault rifles, black magic, fireballs, katanas, explosives – there are hundreds of different weapons and powers to use.
As a new initiate of The Secret World, you must choose your allegiance with care, for your choice will forever decide the future of humankind.

In a world where every conspiracy theory, every myth, fable and urban legend is true, three ancient societies pull the strings and decide our fate. Forced into alliance by circumstance, they stand united against the rising darkness, but remain divided in pursuit of power.

Dragon:
"The Art of Chaos" - Unknowable instigators of change, through quiet violence they create tiny ripples that grow into sweeping tsunamis.

Illuminati:
"Sex, Drugs and Rockefeller" - Invisible puppet-masters and corporate manipulators, they crave power and wealth by any means necessary.

Templars:
"Deliverance From Evil" - The old guard; suave and sophisticated, but fiercely brutal and uncompromising in their crusade against darkness.
http://www.thesecretworld.com/
Last edited by Nili on Mon May 14, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Re: The Secret World

Unread post by Nili »

Just a quick bump with my thoughts of the game so far...

So this weekend we got a sneak peak at various missions in a small real life town called Kingsmouth on Solomon Island off the coast of Maine. It's Halloween night when you arrive, and the town is overrun by zombies. It's your mission as a Templar to find what's causing all the zombies to rise and attack and to save humanity.

I really enjoyed running around solving riddles and follow clues to complete these missions. I found it to be a game that made you think instead of copy someone's spec and pull loads of mobs and stand there. That gets boring after a while...but this, The Secret World grabbed my attention and hung onto it.

There are more open beta weekends coming up in the next few weeks until Launch on June 19th. It's not a game for everyone, but I found it's an incredibly creative game, one that really makes your brain experience pain..I loved being made to think. :)

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Oooh i think I remember taking a quiz for this game a loooooooong time ago and got dragon as what I wuold fit with.

Wow took them long enough to get to release! XD
ImageImage
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

Meggers wrote:Oooh i think I remember taking a quiz for this game a loooooooong time ago and got dragon as what I wuold fit with.

Wow took them long enough to get to release! XD

Yeah it's been on the rumormill for a couple of years now. I've been looking forward to it for a long time.
I love the freedom, and got to know a new character this weekend. She just blossomed and over the course of 48 hours I came out with a full history and character for her..lol

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Is there a sub fee?

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

Yes it's got a sub fee as well as an upfront paying for the game. It's the same payment concept as WoW, and guarantees a dedicated development team and an upkeep on maintenance. I'm unsure of the prices off the top of my head, but can find out if you'd like.

Silivren

That'd be awesome, I thought I read that it DIDNT have one. Maybe I was mistaken, the Illuminati look very cool and the game itself.. Creepy.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

''Funcom has not yet made any official announcements regarding the business model or price points for The Secret World. This is still being discussed and evaluated internally, and we will make an official announcement when this has been finalized.''

http://www.mmofringe.com/16-mmogames/th ... ils-emerge

I imagine it'll probably be a £10 sub fee much like WoW. But for now it's not clear yet.

And yes, there's a lot of creepy factor to it, which is why I adore it.
There's a quest we did in Kingsmouth this weekend that involved white ravens whispering to you...oh god it gave me the shivers!

Silivren

...thats way eerie. May I ask what side you chose?

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

I've already chosen my side, Templars. But in the Beta so far it's just the Templars quests being tested for Open, in closed they're testing Dragons and Illuminati, they're just not allowed to release information on them yet..:(

I've written up a character bio for my Ainslee, I won't post it here as it's not just a roleplay game, but so much more. I tend to get wrapped up in the roleplay if it appeals to me..which WoW didn't. You can PM me if you're interested in reading it and perhaps joining me when it launches :3

Silivren

Ok sure. :) I like Illuminati you can pm me. I showed me father as well :lol: He and I have always played mmo's together and he looks interested. Signed up for beta, doubt I'll get in but would be fun to try before I buy.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

Apparently there's a giveaway for the beta code this week from various stores..
The Secret World Beta Weekend #2, titled “Kingsmouth Calling, Part Two” begins on Friday May 18th at 9am PDT (16:00 GMT / noon EDT) and lasts until Sunday May 20th at 11.59pm PDT (Monday May 21st, 06:59 GMT / 2.59am EDT).

If you have pre-ordered The Secret World previously you automatically have access to this Beta Weekend as well. We have also teamed up with several profiled European sites this week and these will be giving away keys for this Beta Weekend specifically. These sites are:

Curse (Global)
Buffed (Germany)
PC Games (Germany)
PC Action (Germany)
Daily Rush (Denmark)
Gamer (Norway)
Peliplaneetta (Finland)
Fragzone (Sweden)
PC Gamer (UK)
Now Gamer (UK)
JeuxVideo (France)
GameKult (France)
MondesPersistants (France)
Millenium (France)
Judge Hype (France)
JeuxOnline (France)

These sites will be bringing their giveaway live throughout the week so keep checking in on them.
http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/the_ ... g_part_two

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

So this past beta weekend wasn't too much different from the first, but I went in and took some screenshots.

This weekend we excelled in a few quests and uncovered some bugs. Please keep in mind I had to play with lowest graphic detail and the final release of the game will be much more polished :)

‎''As some of you mentioned, the Beta Weekends were announced to happen on "most" weekends after May 11th. There will not be a Beta Weekend happening this weekend and we will announce the details of the next Beta Weekend beginning of next week.'' http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showth ... post807398

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I'm glad it seems cool! I have way too many games to try getting into another one right now. XD
ImageImage