Lord of the rings online

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Lord of the rings online

Unread post by Ana »

I needed some more middle earth in my life so i thought ohh why not. Here are some screenies and my first take on the game

Opening movie - kinda ok. Good graphic in the opening movie

Character creation.. ohh so disappointed. The graphic is not to great and the hair color for elves so limited... could not get white hair for my elf :(

This is my elf Thelin. She is a hunter. Im running with the maximum graphic options on.

First sort of real quest linie in a mine killing some beast and retriveing some flowers.. The beast :

aaand as an Elf i was send to talk with the dwarves... go lore :roll:

not sure what i think of it yet.. im still in the intro i think.. the whole " lvl up and get skill " seams out of lore for me.. shrug.

More screenies

A bat

an undead bear

yup still working for the dwarves....

a bridge over water:

and some sort of working animal which the dwarves are using..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Lord of the rings online

Unread post by Ana »

whee more screenies.

i got my first helmet.. ughn.. Luckily you can turn that off

the run animation is really really really ugly imo

Got into a mine and fought some undead. Really eazy quest took 2 min. Bit disappointed in how little story there is behind these quest linies

dream sequence with Galadriel... With know scenes from the movie:

Prelook of Angmar in the dream

The fellowship of the ring also appeared in the dream

That bridge they stand at should be know to all who know the movie

and Gandalf vs. the Balroq also appear in the dream.. well some of it anyway

And also a visit to Rohan in my dream

but ohhh the mirror says it may or may not happen.. its the magic of the mirror...

BUT IT DID HAPPEN.. argggh...

headdesk

ohh well intro over lets see what is in store for me now

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

AH yes, I remember this game. I bought the lifetime membership a long while back.. A few months later it went FTP Dx Biggest regret ever.
At the time, I could never get into the 'good guy' part of the game. My home was Monster Play. I still love the Monster Play. Maybe one day I'll go back ;3

Looks like you're running into some interesting creatures! If you keep playing, I'd love to see more screenies, as I really only have seen the level 1-20 areas plus Monster Play places :3

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

not sure what i want yet.. it bugs me that i cant do all quest because you need to pay to get some quest unlocked ><. But i probally play alittle friday :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The world is in danger.. tons of orcs invading the land. The fate depends on you so you need to

go and kill 3 flies/locust creatures and collect 3 lumber.. uhh that help stop the orcs :roll: :roll: :roll:

after that you need to kill some wolves.. yup that makes sense

more beast ive encountered today

and ive got my first mount.. it just temporary.. but ohh the graphic.. it hurts soo bad to see it

i DO like the graphic on some places. These scenic screens i think are pretty

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im having a really hard time getting into this game... it dont really have a LOTR feel to it.. it was not like Frodo was asked to kill 2 bears gather 4 wood and ohh only kill 11 skeletons (in a ruin crawling with them) then return and get a quest reward :roll: :roll:...

Its just like any other mmorpg.. kill, loot, do quest, get xp..(.. and when in LOTR do you see Legolas/Aragon/Gimli etc pick up the orcs armor and drag it to a city and sell it :roll: :roll:

i had hope it would be more " uhh this feel like middle earth" but nope :roll:

Ran past some stables with two horses which i actually liked the look of

The wow hunter in me just takes screenies of beast i come across :lol:

a tame lynx: You get a quest to get her some birds to chase

A centipede

Spiders:

My first orc fight.. or atleast i think its suppose to be an orc?

an orc more.. or an undead.. hard to tell :P

some scenic screenies:

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

It DOES bugs alot.. some days it wont connect. and alot of times the game freezes and you have to start all over again which is REALLY annoying.

Entering Bree.. and i traveld there by fast mount path from my elven city.. see why couldn't frodo have done that.. it was super fast :roll:

screenshots from the prancing pony... that sign... fattest pony i ever saw!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

wooot it crashed again :roll: :roll:

i find myself enjoying some of the graphics.. its not the best graphical game out there but its not the worst either.. here are some scenic screenies

aaand then there are places where you litterally want to hit your head on the wall with the graphics..

This is supposed to be Aragorn?? He is not handsome enough :roll:

and Legolas.. my all time favorite character in lord of the rings movies.. him you portray like this? :roll:

and the badgers ive run across all look like they are going to take a dump.. even when they are moving :roll:

a couple more beast screenies.. i am a hunter after all (and yes that last one is supposed to be a wolf)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

more scenic screenies (and a few beast :mrgreen: )

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

darn it.. just as im beginning really to enjoy some of the environmental graphics in it the game sets a stop to that.. once you acquired 1gold and 999 silver thats it.. nope you cant get more .. unless your willing to pay which im not.
not yet. sure if i want to keep playing to see more of the game

only one screenie this time.. first hat ive seen which isn´t horrid

edit decided to uninstall the game.. to many restriction on the free play for me :(

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I've been subbed and playing since the game was only a few months old. I play it mostly during lulls in WoW. I'm a horse collector in the game and also, once you get a War Steed and can do mounted combat, it's really fun. I find the graphics breathtaking at times and the only real flaw I've ever seen is the NPC animations which sometimes are really poor. The way they are drawn is fine to me. One big thing is that the gear you get actually looks like real armor and weapons unlike in WoW.

The transmog system is better than WoW's. You can save a number of different outfits and switch into and out of them at will. There also is real player housing.

You're not playing the storylines of the movies but rather as an ancillary character sometimes following the Fellowship, especially in the epic quests. You go places and see things and people that are not in the movies at all. Moria is really awesome graphically and you do a lot more than just find your way through like in the movies.

I don't like the raid mechanics so I never raid. I miss my Hunter having pets, but overall I think LOTRO is a very good game and in some ways better than WoW but you have to pay for a VIP account (only $10 a month) to really get the full experience.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I REALLY like the scenic graphic too Danieelfboone but the characters could have been better ;) I was in to check the pay option and according to that its $15 a month but its not to bad.. just more than i can afford atm...

would love to see some screenies from you if you got some :D

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

If you pay 3 months at a time, it's $29.97 or $30. I'll see if I have any screenshots of my Hunter on his War Steed in Rohan. If I don't, I'll take a few. Also of the inside of Moria which is huge and beautiful.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ah, nostalgia! Thanks for those shots :) I played LotRO for a couple of years before it went FTP and really enjoyed it. I found the "fun" aspects of the game, like the festivals, silly little quests etc. felt more relaxed and enjoyable than WoW. There were still grinds during festivals but they somehow made it feel less like they were exploiting your time and more like they were having fun with you, if that makes sense. More like how Brewfest was in WoW, and before the achievements people got in and turned every fun event into hard work. I always loved the pub crawl and the quests to ruin the Hobbits' brew. I left a few years ago now, for reasons unrelated to the game itself, I'm not sure what it's like now under FTP.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Found a screenshot of my house in the elven housing area.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

uhh thats a pretty house!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I took a few screenshots. First is one f the areas in Moria. There are other more beautiful ones. It's my lvl 94 Hunter Malaghan on his Thorin's Hall goat. Goats are the only mounts you can use inside Moria.

Then there are 3 of Malaghan on his War Steed in Rohan.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

If anyone plays this and when/i it gets an art update let me know. Amazon canceled their lots game so ibcan online hope this one graphic improves ord there comes a new one..