Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

FINALLY got myself a beaver which makes wood collecting sooo much easier.

this is just a normal one so not a keeper but good for having temporary as we need soo much wood ! Took a lot of screenies of our underwater enclosure to give you an idea how massive this build is.. the longest walls down is around 100 walls deep and this is what we have done so far

This is what is left. and a lot of them goes the 10 walls down deep. plus the behemoth gate

and the deep is soo scary!!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

After beeing alittle angry and frustrated with Ark for a few days I've started working on upgrading my enclosure to stone after losing several dinos to an alpha that broke in.
Thankfully my watchdogs took it out before I lost them all.

Once I'm done upgrading I'll consider some more tames.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Nefretiti

Very nice Tarn :) I did consider opening my own server but I don't know if I could be bothered setting one up, I might in the future.

After a rather frustrating day yesterday with beeing forced to let a dino I wanted since I started go due to lack of taming resources and losing another at 85% due to beeing killed by a titanoboa twice resulting in a loss of resources and equipment I was close to tears and ready to give up when Zed stepped in to help and thanks to her wonderful patience and generosity I finally got myself the dino I always wanted , a lovely brown and ash male Therizinosaurus I named Alistair because the first part Therizin makes me think of "Therin" from DA:O.

Thank you again Zed :hug: :hug:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Undedicated server is really really eazy to set up and free. But down side is it takes A LONG time to load and the invite friends is a bit dodgy and buggy.

Finished the underwater enclosure today and tamed one of these dudes. Soo good at farming fiber you wont believe it..he got me 20k fiber in no time! Named him The Village for obvious reasons...

Downside is that an Alpha Stego killed Friend Chicken (My pteradon)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

You're so welcome Nef. You've no idea how glad I am to have been able to be apart of that and help. Telling you. Taming stuff like this gives anxiety.

Speaking of tames. I am massively paranoid about this. She is only like 10% to maturation and the server went down. :( I really hope I don't come back to a dead baby or one almost dead.
Some server mates gave me a fertile egg.
She's like a charcoal-grayish-black with a almost platinum feathers.

Rex by fire light. He's not mine. I was just incubating my egg at their house while I gathered items to build the fire pits I needed.

With luck when I get back in the baby will be fine.

Oh and I checked on your "children" Nef. Doing great. I may build them a trough though so they don't run out of vittles.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti

You got one too eh Tarn :) the Therizin is a great gatherer for wood and fiber. Those claws just decimate foliage.

Someome kind gave me a high level parasaur and a Trike for berries.

Alistair made my day :-) especially after what had happened earlier.
Yeah those long tames are awful for you anxeity levels, I was just sitting there wondering what would happen next .. not to mention when the game crashed .. oh boy.
I hope the admins give consideration to babies and eggs during downtime so people don't come back to dead or nearly dead eggs/hatchlings.
Your little one is lovely :-) I hope she's allright after the downtime, you'll have to show her? off once she's grown too.

I've been trying to gather mats for a trough but for some reason my metal gather rate is next to zero -.-

I'll be home tomorrow, I tried to leave food with them so they wouldn't run out, my next project after finishing my upgrades and probably expanding abit is a stone gatherer dino and probably a trough.

zedxrgal

I gathered the mats for your trough I've just been so preoccupied with baby Pearl I haven't done much else. I logged in and she was fine. Sucks cause I knew babies needed A LOT of care but dang man. I missed two of her bondings. Which means I probably lost 59% of her imprint bonus. I set alarms but over slept them.

I am really hoping though they have enough meat till I can get in today

Nefretiti

Your little raptor comes first :)
Shame about the bonding but she's still a beauty.

I saw a doedicorus wandering about but didn't really have time to tame it before I had to leave.
I may look for one when I get home, I can be on for a long time tomorrow since I have monday off.

zedxrgal

If you've the time you may want to ask Vaeliia or Silver if they've a pair to give you a fertilized egg. I have the fire pits now to incubate and that may be better than trying to tame one.

Sadly it's not there. Which is my fault. I could blame Fluffy :? But it's not his fault. We were out hunting and sadly the little guy was there. Yesterday I wiped out every living thing between our bases.

Ok so I do have a conundrum. Why is it my herbivores & flyers do not stay on passive when my compound is attacked? I don't fear they'll be killed since they are so high level but I am more worried they will harry a mob and fly off or lose the protection of the predators and be killed that way. I already lost a female dodo yesterday to this because a level 55 Brontosaurus somehow was IN my compound when I got back. It playfully punted me and all hell broke lose. Everyone started attacking the Brontosaurus. Including the baby raptor. I mean they downed it pretty quick but not before I had a mini heart attack. In the frey (sp?) my low level female dodo (who had a freaking taming bonus & was massive egg producer) was killed. Baby Pearl was fine and acting almost proud of herself. I just don't understand why the dinos I put on passive aren't staying that way. Happened again when a level 45 raptor attacked my base from the outside. Everyone went ballistic again. They only work around I've seen it to weight them down so they absolutely cannot move. Thoughts?

Nefretiti

The Doed I saw was on the other side of the island, along the river.

I don't have the patience to hatch and mature hatchlings/babies and with my usual luck .. well ..
I'll look around for a doed or an ankylo when I get home, they shouldn't be too hard to tame, the issue is getting them home.

Sounds like a glitch, I put all but the carno and rexes on passive and it seems to work for most. I'm mostly worry about losing Alistair since he was such a chore to tame and is still fairly low level.

zedxrgal

I have several veggies if you want those to help with the tame. Otherwise I have several dilo eggs to make kibble but I do not have citronal. I don't even think I have seeds for those to plant them. *shrug*

We can figure it out though.

Edit: So I didn't get your trough made yet.
However I was given a little she Doed from Rubble. I'll happily change tribe settings so you can use her if you'd like? My only word of caution and request is be cautious with her. She's super low level.

Sad note. Baby raptor died some time between 3am and 10.
:cry: I was ready to quit. Mistakes were made by me and that's what hurt the most. I shan't be getting another egg again. Imprinting is near impossible unless you're prepared to log in every three hours to tend to it's needs. RIP sweet baby Pearl.
Sorry I failed you.

Nefretiti

Awe :( sorry to hear about Pearl.

I appreciate the offer but I was able to get an ankylo and they're decent stone gatherers.

I left a friend at your enclosure, i hope you like her. she's lower than I would have liked but hopefully she'll level quickly.

Nefretiti

After an absolutely awful day on the game yesterday Zed once again came to the rescue :hug:
Bringing home several dinosaurs kind people gifted me when I was reluctant to leave my base after losing one of my favourite dinos to a high lvl alpha raptor.

My next project after upgrading my gate and walls are hopefully a couple of compys and someday a tapejara.
Compys aren't hard tames just way too small and quick.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

After finishing our enclosure under water it was time to get some underwater dinos..

First off an Alpha Megladon

Then this whale/maga fish thingie.. its not an Alpha so not sure i keep it.. not sure if its good for anything.. and it was only lvl 1 when i tamed it so.. meh

Size comparison.. its huge

Downloaded a dino color mod and WatchDog got some bright colors so i can find him in the dense jungle

WatchDog is an amazing Dilo. Took him out on a spin and killed several elites, bad asses and a couple of Alphas. Got some good loot including an epic platform saddle for Measles.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

found this handy spread sheet to see which dinos would be good to tame for max harvesting

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Domestication

zedxrgal

Great posting Tarn! Thanks for the spread sheet. That'll come in handy.

Love your alphas. Wish we could tame the but ............ I'm cool with not.

The one looks like a whale shark almost. But bigger. :lol:

Just two screenies today. Was a .................. interesting day. I made ................. a huge mistake. Personally I blame the game. :lol: I finally got the mats to build a behemoth gate (So many thank yous to Nef)............... go to place it................... here it drop ............ YES! Wait. No! Thing was 10+ feet behind me. On my screen it showed green in the wall I trying to place it. Not sure how it ended up behind me. But. That started a massive expansion of my compound and walls. Took forever. Again huge thanks to Nef. Had she not loaned me her Theriz it would have taken all day.
Anyway.

Another sunrise.

My flock of dodo's. I find it almost comical my Argy is looking at them like they're lunch. :lol:

Probably won't be back in game till the weekend. :(

Nefretiti

You let me use your doed to build mine so fair is fair :)
Theriz is such a well rounded gatherer it's worth the hassle to get one.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Tamed a badass spino today.. the fire version.. soo big

and a royal ludroth.. what ever that is.. its super weird.. i think its an underwater creature.. super ugly!

Edit Village died... :shock: :cry: :cry: stupid primal alpha direbear lvl 242... Well upside i got this badass carno

and Before Village got killed He got me my Alpha set.. rest in peace dude.. I hope i can get a new one soon

zedxrgal

I am in love with that spino Tarn. So gorgeous. Still wish we could tame alphas.

So I basically all but rage quit. A LOT has to do with my already high emotional state because yesterday and today have been horrendous.
Like really bad. All was going great. Until nightfall in a part of the island I don't know. I had the gamma turned up high to find my way and did not see a Giganotosaurus. He pinned me against the cliff and killed me in literally one bite. I am level 67-ish. Giga? Level 20. I'd heard they were mean as hell, lightning fast and hit like a meteor. My dying wasn't the first blow. It was it killing my ptera. I raced out my house, mounted another flyer and went to hopefully get my stuff back. I find my stuff and do not see the giga. Like anywhere. Not a sight or sound. Land,
grab my stuff mash E to mount and he was on me. Didn't hear or see him. Killed me again. And my beloved ptera Mooch. I was so attached to her. I respawned at home and in anguish typed "fuck this game". Sobbing I get on my Argy to go and get my boat left next to a neighbors house way up the beach. I'm usually a pretty strong person. But after the really bad personal hits and now losing Mooch, my armor, raptor kibble, a mess of tranq arrows and some narcs that tore it. I know there's no sense in crying over dead pixels but Mooch's loss was a really rough blow. Even more so than any other dino including Pearl. The first ptera I liked a lot but wasn't attached to her. That's why I flew her almost constantly. If I lost her yeah it'd suck but it wouldn't be crushing. Giga 4. Felara 0. For now though I'm done. That may change. I do not have the heart those to take this right now.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Your guys' sun glare is killing me:

r.bloomquality 0
r.lightshafts 0

Great console commands :lol: :mrgreen: