Mists Pet Battle Journal

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Mists Pet Battle Journal

Unread post by Quiv »

Didnt see a thread about this journal.

Have you beta testers seen this? Currently I believe the keybinding defaults to none so you have manually bind it. However it brings up the journal and shows a whole host of grayed out pets.

And there are a LOT.

Just to give you an idea, my character has 163 companions on one character. I have rare pets from holidays on other toons that I wasnt lucky with on main, and I have alliance pets. All in all, I have 177...

OUT OF 500. (BTW yes you can summon alliance pets on horde :D)

I noticed there were some oddities in the list. It had Alliance Balloon for me as both a pet I have (I have it on my ally toon I transferred over) and a pet missing. However it did not show me missing albino snake. So some of the 363 I am missing may be overlap.

There are a few test pets, a lot of generic pets and even some named ones. If this goes live at even 1/2 of this list, I am going to be busy FOREVER
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Mists Pet Battle Journal

Unread post by Quiv »

First screen is me as horde with alliance guild herald and the dog boar. Also shows the journal where my list of pets stops and it begins.

Other screens are just various pets. Some dont have icons, or even graphics, most dont have abilities and buttons like INFO dont work. I know previews have been shown, but what this gives us is a LONG list of all the possible pets we would be collecting for each entry does at least have a name.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Omg ty ty ty for posting this! I've been waiting eagerly to see some new screens. I soooo want that murloc pet. Do you happen to have any tcg pets and kno if they are on all toons too?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't have any tcg, collector edition, or some special promotion pets, but I have most others. i cant imagine why they wouldnt be account bound, the rest are. I was summoning all available pets on my level 3 panda so.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

You didn't put in about the orphan whistle children or the macob marionette or keg pony (and others like them) also being listed as obtainable pets. I can't wait to learn the coyote spirit :headbang: here's some pics
WoWScrnShot_041912_085311.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041912_085311.jpg (532.71 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
WoWScrnShot_041912_085500.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041912_085500.jpg (538.2 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
WoWScrnShot_041912_085655.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041912_085655.jpg (539.47 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
WoWScrnShot_042012_231332.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042012_231332.jpg (548.95 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
WoWScrnShot_042012_231343.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042012_231343.jpg (545.63 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
:mrgreen:

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Both my collector's edition pets (Lil' Deathwing, etc) and my TCG pets (Landro's XT, etc) show up, so looks like they'll most likely be usable in battles. No abilities for them yet though.

Found quite a few I'm excited about though in the list.

Tarantula minipet. <333

BABY AEONAXX

Some here will probably love having a diseased kitten. :3

Also, finally a Bronze whelpling!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042112_021128.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042112_021128.jpg (65.57 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
WoWScrnShot_042112_021146.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042112_021146.jpg (65.55 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
WoWScrnShot_042112_021313.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042112_021313.jpg (71.54 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
WoWScrnShot_042112_021712.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042112_021712.jpg (69.94 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Baby Tarantula and Baby Aeonaxx. GIMMEH.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Are these pets like mini pets? As in do they follow you around?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vephriel wrote:Both my collector's edition pets (Lil' Deathwing, etc) and my TCG pets (Landro's XT, etc) show up, so looks like they'll most likely be usable in battles. No abilities for them yet though.

Found quite a few I'm excited about though in the list.

Tarantula minipet. <333
!!!!!!

<3333333333

Also, uh....beneath that is a WARP STALKER minipet. <3 (Possibly already reported, but omg. Actually, there are a lot of them.)

Other highlights: Amethyst - and Topaz - Shale Hatchlings (purple and yellow shale spiders), Baby Shark, Bush Chicken (the goofy tall Cata chicken), Clefthoof Runt (I know we've seen him before, but eeee), Cockatoo (white parrot), Darkshore Cub (dark brown version of the Dun Morogh Cub), Diemetradon Hatchling (too big for the window, hee!), Fathom-Stalker Azjentus (NAGA?!), Infested Bear Cub (diseased black bear using the Baby Blizzard Bear model, oh my), Jacob the Test Seagull (lol), Lost of Lordaeron (yep, one of those ghosts from the ruins), Molten Hatchling (baby red lava spider!), Otter Pup (yep, it's an otter), Raccoon Kit (yep, adorable), Snowy Owl (if this could be named, I'd imagine we'd have thousands of Hedwigs), STONE ARMADILLO (caps are mine), Worgen Dust Bunny, a couple of ravager hatchlings (including my favorite green model), some snails, more crab colors (note: one is named Spirit Crab), a whole variety of snakes (using the non-cobra model), a set of turtles that look like the pet instead of the minipet, and a TON of recolors of existing models (new nether ray fry!). <3 Kudos if you made it through that. x_x

There are actually a ton of the non-tarantula spiders, but just the one fuzzy. *pets*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

cowmuflage wrote:Are these pets like mini pets? As in do they follow you around?
These pets Are mini-pets. This is just a new UI that incorporates the pet battles in addition to summoning. The old UI is still in the spell book, but I bet it will be removed from the game.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

There are 500 minipets total, theres no way I could screenshot them all. I personally just sampled some here and there :D

This was just to give an idea of the volume and versatility to the new pets coming out.

this is also very early, as pet battles aren't functional yet.

edit: and yes it looks like you can have a team of orphans do your fighting, there are 6 orphans in so far :O (i heard it was announced some humanoid pet children cant fight but i havent verified)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Quivering wrote:I heard it was announced some humanoid pet children cant fight but i haven't verified
From a Chinese Ask the Devs:

Q: You said earlier that not all pets can take part in pet battle system. How about now? And what are the exceptions?
A: Currently the exceptions are pets with humanoid children models. They will not be included in pet battle system. Nor will Guardian Cub.
Nemara
Realm: Bealgun

Unread post by Nemara »

How do you open the new pet journal on beta? When I open mine I just get the old one and can't see the battle pet info. Sorry for the Silly question.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Nemara wrote:How do you open the new pet journal on beta? When I open mine I just get the old one and can't see the battle pet info. Sorry for the Silly question.
Not a silly question at all (took me forever to find it :D ) Here is what you do press Esc and go into Key Binding and about the middle I think it will say Toggle Pet Journal bind that to Shift+J and log out (if you crit error or D/C before you log out it won't save the binding) and there you go have fun naming all your pets :headbang: :mrgreen:

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Guardian cub not being included is silly. o_o

BUUUUT! For the rest....EEEEEEEEE PETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (because clearly 161 pets that i have thus far ARE JUST NOT ENOUGH)
ImageImage
Nemara
Realm: Bealgun

Unread post by Nemara »

Thanks so much Rawr! :D
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Just a few questions about the new pet system..

All pets are shared with all your char no matter of lvl and allience?

If lets say i name a pet on my druid will that pet be able to have another name on lets say my hunter?

Can i capture minipets in the wild and use them like any other pets?

IF i dont use the battlesystem but only want to have my minipets beside me can i still have them all?

Are there any benifits by using battles? like do your pets gain armor/different look, get bigger or "just" lvls?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

There are no details really, the system isn't implemented at all, so we don't know just how it works yet.
winny
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by winny »

meh this is only on US servers I think, havent seen the journal on Mekkatorque server yet.....in the mean time I will watch the screenies here^^ thnx
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Vephriel wrote:There are no details really, the system isn't implemented at all, so we don't know just how it works yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... 9hMWt_dbOA :lol: just found this :mrgreen: