More Pet Battle info

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

More Pet Battle info

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/275 ... y-Version)

Is it wrong to be excited for this?

I kinda laughed in the vid of the bunny getting owned by the mouse...then the mouse looked like it was eating on the corpse.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: More Pet Battle info

Unread post by Quiv »

It can be decieving to learn which level the pet is. If you target the wild critter, they are level 1, but if you hover over them, it reveals they are higher.

I had a level 5 snake in barrens destroy my team of Horde balloon (which I didnt realize cant do anything but take hits), mini KT and blizzard bear.

I LOVE this, but honestly, the XP grind leaves me a little concerned. ~500 pets is a LOT and so far levelling is slow. It is early for this system, but i am personally going to pay close attention to it to see how it comes along.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Well, I'm pretty sure the idea is that people won't be leveling ALL 500 of their pets. Plus, from what I've heard, some of the pets won't even be able to battle (like the children). Honestly, I see this as a filler thing. Like archaeology. Most people will do it when they're inbetween dungeon/bg queues, or when they're bored and just chatting to their guild, as an alternative to just sitting in a city or somewhere pretty and doing nothing. I imagine that there will be VERY few people that will set out with this being their main goal (I mean.. if that was what they wanted in a game.. it's cheaper in the long run to just go buy pokemon or one of those other similar games)
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its like hunter pets to me. I wont level all 500, yeah, but having to level all the way every time you want a little something different? The fact this is side content is reason why it shouldn't be that grindy. Folks dont want to invest hours of grind into side things. I don't mind a little grind, I enjoy it, but having to face hours of battles just to get a pet up to speed? I kinda think it would be fine if the level from 1-20 (or whatever cap is) is a one time thing per account or per family. I am really curious to watch their design direction as betas evolves.

The grind of archaeology started way too high as well. I am glad they made the changes to take out the grindiness, just wish I hadn't leveled it on two characters the hard way ><