- Journeyman Hunter
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:19 pm
- Realm: Runetotem
- Location: Sosaria
Does anyone know of the cheetah cub spawn locations? I've only found one so far..and that one is camped. I'm hoping that the cubs were just zerged and they are all over
Any info would be appreciated!
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm
- Realm: Kil'Jaeden
- Gender: Male
As far as I can tell, the cubs only spawn near the Plainsland Cheetah mobs, which in turn seem to spawn near/under trees. There's at least three spawn locations slightly east of the skull-shaped rock that serves as the entrance to the Wailing Caverns (see images). The spawn rate seems very low, however: while I have seen a cub at each of these locations, I've only ever seen one up at a time, and when I took these images there were none up at all.
- Map location
- WoWScrnShot_072612_060831.jpg (214.35 KiB) Viewed 194 times
- Cheetah spawn locations
- WoWScrnShot_072612_060715.jpg (335.1 KiB) Viewed 194 times
- Master Hunter
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
- Realm: Proudmoore
The Cheetah Cub and the Giraffe Calf seem to have quite a long spawn timer on them.
- Illustrious Master Hunter
- Posts: 6473
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 am
- Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
- Gender: Female
- Location: In the bushes watching. Always watching.
You can add this spawn also:
I found one in the southern Barrens. I did forget to get a screen shot in my enthusiasm but I do have a witness that the cub was really there. [/color]
- Grand Master Hunter
- Posts: 2805
- Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
I found one under a tree just slightly north of Crossroads. While he's only "common" value, the pet itself is a rare spawn so there aren't very many of them up at any given time, if any.
But basically, if there's a tree with big cheetahs under it, there's a -chance- there will be little cheetahs.
someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket
- Community Resource
- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:38 am
- Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
- Gender: Male with both gender toons
- Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!
Since you can't 'catch' on the PTR yet, all the baby mobs are up at the moment. Thus, I did a loop of the Barrens to hunt for cubs. Found a total of six (and a giraffe calf; AWWW!) scattered across the Northern Barrens. They are, indeed, everywhere, but may not always be spawned.