Battle Pets and Normal Companion Pets

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Battle Pets and Normal Companion Pets

Unread post by Shade »

I've been wondering about this for awhile, and have not seen anything on it yet in the forums.

I'm super excited about the new battle pet system, but I also have some concerns.

Namely, I've been trying, really hard, to get the 150 companions achievement to get the celestial dragon companion, its something I've been wanting for awhile.

Does anyone know if the battle pets that you catch count towards this achievement, or not?

My biggest worry is that the achievement is going to be removed with the new battle pet system when MoP rolls out.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Battle Pets and Normal Companion Pets

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yes, which is why the next minipet achievement is around 400 (as I recall).

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Oh good, but the celestial dragon is still going to be one you can get from collecting them?

Shade has 121 that she has already collected, 76 companions that she could collect, but the bulk of those are rare drops, TCG cards that are too pricey, Archaeology finds (working on it but I've switched to working on Archae on Tsubame, my Alchemist, in hopes of getting Vial of Sands), or small companions that I already have on other toons from various achievements.

I'd rather not spend 3-10k a pop for the ones she is missing from my server's AH (especially when I'm still saving for the vendor only items for the Vial of Sands), so I am hoping to just wait and collect the Celestial Dragon Companion by capturing another 29 companion pets in MoP
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Correct, the celestial dragon will still be an achievement reward - just a lot easier to get.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Looking over your pets, three you could get right away are Miniwing, Westfall Chicken, and Withers. You can keep working on the Darkmoon pets (don't forget Jubling!) and Tournament pets as well (it's usually easy enough to find someone horde-side willing to trade an allie pet for a horde one). Check for the croc Outland fishing daily and fish the highland pools for the Crawdad while you're in Terrokar (neither of these require anything more than fishing skill 1).
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Currently it's still available, but people are pushing for the current pet achievement pets to be retired. Doubt it will happen though.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I think the super-easy solution for this is simply for wild pets to count as wild pets and not "true" companions.
They function the exact same way, except you can cage and sell wild pets. But they won't count towards the companion achievements.

That way, people can't get the elite 150 pet achievement simply by capturing loads of little lizards and beetles around Durotar, and they can continue to make pet achievements for the "official", ie vendor or drop companions.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I have all the pet collecting achievements, but I don't mind them getting easier with time, that's the way the game works. They are adding new collecting achievements that will be more difficult.
Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

Erm more of the same pet do not count toward the achievement, as i had more then 75 pets at some point but it didn't count, because of some i had more then 1.