PTR: Strange Critter Targeting Happenings

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

PTR: Strange Critter Targeting Happenings

Unread post by Kurasu »

I happened to notice that critters had sound on click, so I was playfully clicking them. Suddenly, I click on a squirrel, and instead of the yellow dot...

.... I get a small, green paw in my minimap.

Compared to a second squirrel nearby:

So is this the identifier of an uncommon? A pet that I can catch as opposed to one I can't? Or is it just a weird glitch?

EDIT: Definitely not just a glitch. I checked a couple other critters as I was moving around, and both a 'Toad' and a 'Huge Toad' happened to come up with the green paw!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Re: PTR: Strange Critter Targeting Happenings

Unread post by Bonita »

On the beta the green paw means they can be captured and battled in pet battles. There are still random critters you can kill with your character and not battle.
Green paws their icon on the mini map when youre tracking pets when you learn how to battle.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yup, the green paw is the new minimap marker for battle pets. There should be an option in the dropdown tracking menu to search for critters, and they show up as nodes with the green paw.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Vephriel wrote:Yup, the green paw is the new minimap marker for battle pets. There should be an option in the dropdown tracking menu to search for critters, and they show up as nodes with the green paw.
You get it when you train Pet Battle Training, actually.

Pet Battles aren't on the PTR yet. (Or even if they ever will be, as I'm not sure if they'll be a Mists-exclusive content or not), but that green paw just means it's a pet you can battle and catch.

Every critter has a certain % to spawn as a battle pet (if that specific creature has a chance to be a battle pet, that is)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Aha! Gotcha! I had wondered if it was something like that. Glad to know for sure! And nice to know I can find it without having to have my tracking on (until I get it).
Come see Kurasu's stables!