Parrot Sounds On-Click

Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Parrot Sounds On-Click

Unread post by Sherbe »

So, it all started while I was Archying in Un-goro. There was a parrot critter around me, and when the fragment appeared I accidentally clicked on the parrot, and it wolf-whistled me! I thought I was going nuts, and clicked on it again, this time it did a parroty sound. I got the fragment and started to click on the bird repeatedly, amused by the sounds. He makes several (at least 3) parroty sounds and then a wolf whistle.

I then brought out my pet Senegal and it made the same sounds :) I was so happy, and decided to have Hyacinth Macaw as my Archaeology partner today, and Hyacinth made different sounds! Hers are somehow much more jungle-ish and high pitched bird sounds, no wolf whistle. Such nice sounds! I was very happy with both Hyacinth having such a pretty voice and the other parrots being cute and funny too.

Have you noticed? Was this old news? Which sound you like more?

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Parrot Sounds On-Click

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I knew that they have been adding more on-click sounds to both mini-pets and hunter pets, but I was unaware they were added to critters in the wild! I'll have to summon my parrots and listen to all of the calls.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

*Every* critter in the wild, bar a couple, have on-clicks. And a lot (most?) of neutral beasts as well, actually. There's a *lot* more on-clicking going on out there. The parrots have had the different sounds since... 4.2? Maybe before? Pretty much every minipet has had sound-on-click since Cataclysm, and now even more do. :)

I think I've found only one or two critters that *don't*. And several that look the same even have different ones. The 'new' scorpids in Blasted Lands, for instance, have a distinct sound from any other scorpid I've heard. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

But the fact that Hyacints Macaw and some other parrot, maybe Green Wing (gosh I checked just yesterday) have really cool unique sounds, and moreover the other parrots' cute wolf whistle. I knew more pets have on-clicks now :) You guys totally have to listen all your parrots through, it has made it so much more enjoyable to have a parrot out.

EDIT: it was the Cockatiel. it has different sounds from Hyacinth too!

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!