150 mount achi...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Re: 150 mount achi...

Unread post by Shadow »

Shade wrote:Hmm but it looks like about 31/169 of my mount counts are horde side toons. Will that affect getting the achievement if I play mostly Alliance? I have a horde toon at 80 that I was leveling but kinda forgot about....
Other Shade to the rescue, kinda.

No. It shouldn't. Once the achievement's unlocked, you get the mount on both factions. At least that's how the 100 mount achievement thing worked for me and my Alliance toons were sub-90 mounts... around 78 or 80 or so and they still could use the Blue Dragonhawk.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I for one think it's gorgeous after having seen it in game.

Unique model for the achie or not, I don't care; that's fantastic.
Attachments
kite mount.jpg
kite mount.jpg (211.02 KiB) Viewed 2199 times

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Oh wow. Now that I see it, it is pretty cool.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Even after seeing it, I'm still disappointed. By the time you get 150, there's way better looking mounts I feel. For getting to 150, I still think it should've been the celestial dragon to match the 150 pet achi.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kalliope wrote:I for one think it's gorgeous after having seen it in game.

Unique model for the achie or not, I don't care; that's fantastic.

At least the feathers on the front aren't cutting your face off as you attempt to fly.... :(

Now this is a terrible screen shot, missed my bottom 1/2, but you can still see the feather gouging out 1/2 my face :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ouch! D: Hopefully that's fixable!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I agree, a kite for a mount was a horrible idea. I understand that is the Pandaren's Form of Transportation but come on, give us a break, like we had some saying before "A lot of people but a lot of time, effort, and gold into these mounts and this is all we get?" I would have rather liked to see a Unique Cloud Serpent mount (despite the only cloud serpent I am truly fond of is the Alani Rare Spawn :D) but Blizzard has made PVE seem like a big joke now as well. (IE <MOST> Scenarios and the Stormstout Brewery.) And they are handing out Epics like candy, so this is no shock to me that they did do this with the Pandaren Kite.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Not sure how I feel about this, this is the first achievement mount I've been relatively "meh" over. Generally I can't wait to get any mount. :/
ImageImage
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I'm actually surprised that so many seem to hate this mount, I for one was so excited when I heard there would be a pretty green kite for me! I think the kite is a fabulous mount, and aren't there only 2 kites in the game, one of which comes from being exalted with everyone in Pandaria? I think it's still a relatively exclusive mount for us collectors. It reminds me of the dragonhawk, really- you could get it for 100, or get a different one from Argent dailies. Why is the kite so different and hated? :S It's working the same as the Dragonhawk did.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zuilu wrote:I'm actually surprised that so many seem to hate this mount, I for one was so excited when I heard there would be a pretty green kite for me! I think the kite is a fabulous mount, and aren't there only 2 kites in the game, one of which comes from being exalted with everyone in Pandaria? I think it's still a relatively exclusive mount for us collectors. It reminds me of the dragonhawk, really- you could get it for 100, or get a different one from Argent dailies. Why is the kite so different and hated? :S It's working the same as the Dragonhawk did.
I guess people were expecting some huge epic serpent(even though we got a lot of those). I for one like the kite too. I just wish it let us hang glide off it rather than surf it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Junrei wrote:
Zuilu wrote:I'm actually surprised that so many seem to hate this mount, I for one was so excited when I heard there would be a pretty green kite for me! I think the kite is a fabulous mount, and aren't there only 2 kites in the game, one of which comes from being exalted with everyone in Pandaria? I think it's still a relatively exclusive mount for us collectors. It reminds me of the dragonhawk, really- you could get it for 100, or get a different one from Argent dailies. Why is the kite so different and hated? :S It's working the same as the Dragonhawk did.
I guess people were expecting some huge epic serpent(even though we got a lot of those). I for one like the kite too. I just wish it let us hang glide off it rather than surf it.

Agreed. I'd rather have a kite which we can only get one skin of atm rather then a serpent which we have what, 6 or 7 depending on rng? 4 of which are just rep grinds.
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Well. One of two kites.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89785 (A) // http://www.wowhead.com/item=81559 (H)

But really, the only mount I'd want above all others that hasn't been implemented is a drake from the Infinite Flight, so anything they have to offer is alright by me xD It's not inspiring, but it is a nice shade of green, that's for certain.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

That's a very good point. I was pissed about the kite at first, but it really isn't *that* different. It is for Alliance, though- the dragonhawk from the AT was Horde-only, which was crushing because I absolutely adore it.

I'm not excited to get it, but honestly, I wasn't excited about the Albino Drake - which I found at least as or more disappointing than the kite - or even the dragonhawk that much. The mounts haven't ever been ridiculously exciting to me.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Well the argent tournament sunreaver dragon hawk was implemented after the 100 mount achievement. So when they 1st came out, the 100 mount achieve was actually the only obtainable version of. That and the other 1/2 of ppl that play wow play alliance, and don't have access to the sunreaver option. The dragon hawk is still is an exclusive, one of a kind mount and model for them.

This one is the opposite. We already knew we could get a kite via a rep achieve, then they add the 150 achieve later, to get yet another kite.

TBH, when I 1st saw the kites, I thought they were kinda nifty, but i still just hate how badly it clips some characters models. I don't think I could use it even if really really liked them.

­
­
­
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Zangor wrote:i think 150 mounts should net you a Yu'Lon esque cloud serpent mount and master riding/cloud serpent riding if you haven't achieved those yet.
Achievements won't be giving riding skill anymore, it's something that had to go in order to make account-wide mounts a thing. See: the reason violet proto doesn't give the skill anymore.

So far, I like this kite. Exalted with every single current Pandaria faction will take a very long time, so it's not like it will be KITES ERRYWHUR for a while. Cloud serpents are gorgeous and amazing and I love them, but I can see why they're not giving us yet another one for this achievement when there are so many to begin with. There are only two other kites, and a character will only ever be able to access one of those other two at a time (can't play both Horde and Alliance on the same toon after all).
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Shade ღ wrote:
Shade wrote:Hmm but it looks like about 31/169 of my mount counts are horde side toons. Will that affect getting the achievement if I play mostly Alliance? I have a horde toon at 80 that I was leveling but kinda forgot about....
Other Shade to the rescue, kinda.

No. It shouldn't. Once the achievement's unlocked, you get the mount on both factions. At least that's how the 100 mount achievement thing worked for me and my Alliance toons were sub-90 mounts... around 78 or 80 or so and they still could use the Blue Dragonhawk.

But what I mean is when I look at my armory page, I have 169 mounts.

When I look at my mount tab in game on my main toon, I only have 138 visible.

So will the achieve go off the armory, which includes both horde and alli mounts, or the in game tab which shows only my alli available mounts?
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

... gah, I'm stick at 134. T_T
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Ziarre wrote: Cloud serpents are gorgeous and amazing and I love them, but I can see why they're not giving us yet another one for this achievement when there are so many to begin with.

/agreed
As much as the new dragon serpents are stunning, there are so many other things they could pop a saddle on and make a fun unique mount from. :)

Shade wrote: So will the achieve go off the armory, which includes both horde and alli mounts, or the in game tab which shows only my alli available mounts?
My guess will be going off the armory number, so it will include your horde mounts. You'll be fine. ;)

If I create a high lvl horde toon I would up with 248 mounts due to the double up, and I don't even have 1 MOP mount yet lol. WTB 250 mount reward, k thnx bye.

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

To be fair, I don't think many people *hate* the mount. Some have technical issues with kites in general, such as clipping, or the way players are mounted on them, but there hasn't been a lot of hate.

The main focus of the negative discussion has been that people feel it's not quite so monumental for a 150 mount achievement. There may only be two available in the game as player mounts, but they're also every taxi in Pandaria. We see and experience them all the time. And I guess for many people, myself included I admit, kites are interesting and pretty but just not all that sexy. Both the albino drake and the dragonhawk mounts were quite remarkable for the times they released. Those were hard benchmarks to reach again, but there are other weird and wonderful mounts that are already functional, but unavailable to players that could probably have met the expectation (such as the pterrordax).

It's probably just another case of our imaginations, and hence expectations, getting ahead of things :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm so happy with my flying disc mount right now, I doubt they could have come up with anything for the 150 achievement that I'd rather use instead...maybe Kovok!