150 mount achi...

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

150 mount achi...

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Finally they added one! But...I'm disappointed at what the mount is...

We're Going to Need More Saddles (New) Obtain 150 mounts. Reward: Jade Pandaren Kite

Really? This seems a step down from the 100 reward. At least the dragonhawk was fairly unique (minus the horde one). Oh well I guess...I've never been a big fan of inanimate mounts I guess.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: 150 mount achi...

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm the exact opposite. I'm actually fond of the kite. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I would love kites if they were like hang gliders. The surfing on the kite thing (as well as surfing on magic carpets) really grates on me.

I'm glad they added the achievement though. Just wish it was one of those pterrordaxes :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:Finally they added one! But...I'm disappointed at what the mount is...

We're Going to Need More Saddles (New) Obtain 150 mounts. Reward: Jade Pandaren Kite

Really? This seems a step down from the 100 reward. At least the dragonhawk was fairly unique (minus the horde one). Oh well I guess...I've never been a big fan of inanimate mounts I guess.
/facepalm

Agreeing with you on this one Max...

Really?!? a kite. Thats it? :roll:

For all the work, time and gold people sink into collect ing mounts, and we get a green kite. Even if a green kite was the mount of my dreams, I find as a worgen when I'm on one the front feather cuts straight through my toons face/head and out the back of it, it's the worst clipping with a character i've seen on a mount to date. /sigh

The other thing that has really irked me is that now, if you have an ally and a horde toon, you get BOTH factions mounts counted in your collection (eg, your wolf and it's ally equivalent the horse, count as two mounts.

But if you only have an ally for eg. you dont get credit for the wolf, even if they are account bound. It's just dumb imo and forces you to create a high lvl toon of the opposite faction if your an avid mount collector. Just a major annoyance of mine. :|

And after doing looking for raid and seeing those trolls on Pterrodax, I was really hoping for something cool like that too wain... alas.
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

Hahahaha that kite, sooooo lame! I saw NPC trolls riding Pterrodax's in North Kun-Lai Summit, where is the Pterrodax mount??

Mounts that would be better than kites:

-Pterrodax
-Eagle
-Moth
-Wasp
-nyan cat silkworm!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Well seeing as I am at 169 mounts and counting, this will just be a free mount I have to do nothing for essentially. So I cannot complain about it too much....

Hmm but it looks like about 31/169 of my mount counts are horde side toons. Will that affect getting the achievement if I play mostly Alliance? I have a horde toon at 80 that I was leveling but kinda forgot about....

But the kite does seem a little disappointing. I was hoping if they did this it would be something like a new coloration of the cloud serpent-or a mount that looks like one of the Padararen 'gods'.

Maybe I just have to see it in action-but if it is like the kites that are used at the Flight paths.. meh. People just might think you are taxing by if they see you on one...
Last edited by Shade on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Schlager wrote:Hahahaha that kite, sooooo lame! I saw NPC trolls riding Pterrodax's in North Kun-Lai Summit, where is the Pterrodax mount??

Mounts that would be better than kites:

-Pterrodax
-Eagle
-Moth
-Wasp
-nyan cat silkworm!
Gaaaahhhh I really want a WASP mount! or a bat! Pterrodax use that skeleton after all! I think we areoverdue for BAT mounts! :D
I don't get why a kite... I mean you get one from getting all the Pandaria reputations to Exalted anyway. :/ Bleh.
Last edited by Neilaren on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:I would love kites if they were like hang gliders. The surfing on the kite thing (as well as surfing on magic carpets) really grates on me.

I'm glad they added the achievement though. Just wish it was one of those pterrordaxes :)
Yeah me and my fiance wanted them to be like hang gliders. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Cool.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I rather like the kite mounts but i dont like the clipping or how.. awkward they are to physically be on. It takes up so much of my screen (can hardly see anything below when im in my preferred zoom distance). I havent been on one for quite a while now so i dont remember which end i was uncomfortable with but one end was either making me feel like i was gonna run headfirst into the ground or end up flying sky high. I just.. i want something worth riding. As gorgeous as they are and as much as i love the kites, i dont like riding them. I'd rather have this model of kite as minipets. I really dont like the kites we got from inscription.. i was expecting a dragon for Yu'lon and i got a creepy head. Chi-ji doesnt look bad but its still not my thing.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

I'm horribly upset that it's a kite mount, they made us wait this entire time just to throw that in our face (know I'm upset now but will just have to accept it). There is so much they could have given us, even if it was just a re-skin. This is mount collecting it's not like it's a walk in the park. I'll probably wind up just using my normal favorite mounts, it's not that I don't like kites it's just the wait and the build up for it (thought they were preparing a new model or something) only to have a Kite shoved in our face is almost insulting especially with the time and effort put into some mount collecting.

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I really love the kites, but since we get one from this achievement, I do wish they'd gone with something more unique. Oh well. :)
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I... don't -really- mind since it's the kite I really wanted (greeeen <3)
And I already have over 150 mounts so...
yay one more?
I'm hoping they'll do another one later on, though. =/ Maybe with something more unique.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

at least the disc of the flying red cloud somewhat reminds me of:

:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I have enough mounts on my armory to get the achievement, but not in my in-game mount journal. Really need to level up a panda for the turtle mounts!
ShotsyA52
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by ShotsyA52 »

Now if we could dance on the kite (like the daily option I just received last nite) this would be cool! lol
It's ALL about the PETS!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Im not to sure about this.. id rather it be something awesome looking considering mount collectors will be getting the kite from the achievement just based on the fact that the ones your required to be exalted with all have mounts and avid collectors will want said mounts :lol:

So its nothing really special.. I mean it may take awhile to get them all but im already exalted with the order of the cloud serpent, pearlfin, pandas, and revered with klaxxi, tillers, anglers and should get revered with golden lotus today once I redownload my game....(31% 2 hours in.. sigh.. stupid game) August celestials and shado pan will come once I get them opened to.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

i think 150 mounts should net you a Yu'Lon esque cloud serpent mount and master riding/cloud serpent riding if you haven't achieved those yet.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Sitting at 168 mounts myself atm, so I don't have to even try to grind. However I agree, a Pterodax would have made more sense since it already exists. Also, whatever happened to the bat? It's been the forsaken mount of choice since the start but still no bat mount?

Is confused.
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

Akite? really? Maybe if they changed how we ride them, make them like hang gliders.. THAT be something.. but surfing on top is just flat out meh to me. ;Plus the horrid clipping on some races.

I fought long and hard earning my dragonhawk, as it was a unique mount (aside the one horde side from argent torry) grinding rep with a few that I otherwise never would have (Skyguard, UGHHH I dislike the netherrays.. they have such bad deformation when they fly)

I rather would have seen maybe one of the new serpents in a unique skin Or shoot, maybe something nice and cosmetic like dragon wings attach to your toons back that allow you to fly.

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection