Arcane wyrms now tameable as... serpents!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Arcane wyrms now tameable as... serpents!

Unread post by Ziarre »

GormanGhaste wrote:I wonder why they decided to classify them as serpents. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be wind serpents?
Hey, anything that gives me a pet that I can bond with that brings 10% attack speed is alright by me. And they lack the wings that wind serpents have (that seem to define them quite solidly).
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ziarre wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:I wonder why they decided to classify them as serpents. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be wind serpents?
Hey, anything that gives me a pet that I can bond with that brings 10% attack speed is alright by me. And they lack the wings that wind serpents have (that seem to define them quite solidly).
If you look at them I guess they do have some similarities to regular serpents. They have a similar web/fin thing going on. Just they float rather than slither. They don't have wings like windserpents do.

But realistically I don't think they belong well with either. It could possibly be a temporary move, to get them in, with the possibility of them getting their own family (with mana wyrms) in the future.

As for the lightning ones, I'll see if I can generate a mask that clips the bad stuff off the fins without making the model transparent. More like Malackai wanted. It should be interesting to see, anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Well, we have had pets jump species in the past, so you never know.

I personally won't complain if it means I can use a serpent and not be inhibited by their horrible slither animation.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote: But realistically I don't think they belong well with either. It could possibly be a temporary move, to get them in, with the possibility of them getting their own family (with mana wyrms) in the future.
As much as I'm super happy they have become available under any family, I think that some where down the track they would make an excellent new family with Mana Wyrms as well.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

First pet I have been SUPER excited about in a long time! WTB unique rare!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vetiver wrote:First pet I have been SUPER excited about in a long time! WTB unique rare!
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... ss#p397393

Done!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I really don't mind all limbless reptiles or reptile-like-creatures are categorized as 'Serpent' as I think that is the most suitable mythological-ish umbrella group that they belong to, just like how 'Water Striders' and 'Birds of Prey' are an accumulation of various types of beast.
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I'd love for them to get their own species. But I get it if they keep them in "Serpents".
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

What worries me about them getting their own family is that they could lose the haste buff skill, which I honestly think they should keep. Though the devs could just make a new one for their new family, considering they added new family skills that does the 5% crit buff.

I've tried a lot to bond with the hyena, but even since they butchered their animations and skeleton I just can't. I really miss the vanilla one even if it was the same as the coyote. As for the serpent themselves, they're cool but since I was using a jormungar worm it kinda felt weird to have two pets with the same skeleton and animations. I guess I could go tame one until the arcane wyrms come with patch 5.1 though.
ImageImage
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I am so excited for this! The anticipation for patch 5.1 is driving me bonkers.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Sunasha

Unread post by Sunasha »

I was super excited about this and set out to grab one ASAP. Like many of you I have wanted one for a long time. To find out they were now tamable, I was ecstatic!! :D However, when I located my future friend I was not able to even use Beast Lore, let alone tame. Anyone know if they are only available on certain servers or if they were changed as of the recent patch?? Super sadface...I soooo wanted the white one. Hope to hear this is only temporary, tell me some good news please.
Sunasha

Unread post by Sunasha »

Ok I've been thinking, maybe I'm just too early. I thought people were taming them, but perhaps these are just from PTR's? Maybe the patch hasn't gone live yet? Maybe that will happen this week? Can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance. :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Sunasha wrote:Ok I've been thinking, maybe I'm just too early. I thought people were taming them, but perhaps these are just from PTR's? Maybe the patch hasn't gone live yet? Maybe that will happen this week? Can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance. :)
This is the Patch 5.1 forum, which is for the PTR. :P

They aren't tameable yet. And as they have not said that the patch is going live today, it's most likely going up next week. (My belief, I could be wrong though).
Kalliope

We haven't seen a release build on the PTR yet, so any speculation as to when is just speculation. However, the general feeling of "soon" is kicking around, since the last build was a possible release build candidate.

YouTube Edition

Sunasha

Unread post by Sunasha »

Thanks for the update and confirmation. I feel silly for having gotten so pysched up last night, but I must admit it was VERY late while I was hunting and I missed the OBVIOUS details. LOL, no one has ever had that happen before! :P Anyway I will wait with bated breath until I can bring one of these beauties into the fold.

Thanks again for the help. This seems like a great site for "just starting off" pet collectors like me, glad I stumbled on to it. I'll be seeing ya all around.
Kalliope

If it's any consolation, you are definitely not the first person to go after the arcane wyrms on live. ;)

Welcome to the forums!

YouTube Edition

Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

....Actually there is a release build on the public test realms. From MMO Champion, last week, on Monday. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/301 ... ly-Roundup It's a "release".
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Kalliope

Protego wrote:....Actually there is a release build on the public test realms. From MMO Champion, last week, on Monday. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/301 ... ly-Roundup It's a "release".
Actually, it's a release CANDIDATE.
This build is a Release Candidate, which means that Patch 5.1 is getting closer to going live.
That doesn't mean it's a release build, just that it's pretty close to being one.

YouTube Edition

Malanade
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Malanade »

I think I saw a blue post that the patch is scheduled to come out on the 27th, but don't quote me on that.
They were considerate and didn't release it yesterday so they wouldn't drag people away from their families for Thanksgiving, I bet you! <u<'

But on a more appropriate note.... I WANT THE WHITE ONNNNEEEE SOOOOO BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. HURNGH
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Malanade wrote:I think I saw a blue post that the patch is scheduled to come out on the 27th, but don't quote me on that.
'I think' when it comes to blue posts is a slippery slide. ;)

I think if a blue post had been made about it coming out on the 27th, MMOChamp would've been quick to say something, or blue trackers would pop up about it. I've yet to see either! Not that I'm saying it's impossible it's coming out on the 27th (that was about my estimation as well), but I'm pretty sure no blues have put up their hand to say 'Yep. It's the 27th'.
Come see Kurasu's stables!