Hunter changes on the PTR

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Hunter changes on the PTR

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yay, the much-awaited tooltip change!

Thumbs up on the name. :)

Worth noting that sporebats are still retaining spore cloud. I....still don't see how this is fair on a non-exotic pet, but perhaps spell haste not benefitting the hunter is enough.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Femaledwarf.com has now implemented the PTR changes and is showing a significant dps increase with the new version of Lynx Rush. It is showing an increase on the order of 3k overall dps for the BM spec in full BiS gear and full raid buffs. It is outdoing MOC by 1.2k.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Danielfboone wrote:Femaledwarf.com has now implemented the PTR changes and is showing a significant dps increase with the new version of Lynx Rush. It is showing an increase on the order of 3k overall dps for the BM spec in full BiS gear and full raid buffs. It is outdoing MOC by 1.2k.
Ah...so I was right about the bleeds doing lots of DPS, even if the tooltip doesn't reflect that. x3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Yes it seems that they didn't nerf the overall damage but lessened the burst effect. I can live with that.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Me too. It actually makes me wanna use it. I prefer last effects than burst. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

So an interesting tweet from GC:

"Good news. We found a bug with Stampede being too high only in Arenas. That accounts for why feedback can be so varied. More info later. "

I suspect they pinpointed the cause of its ignoring resilience (Wasn't that a problem?). Maybe it was actually something else? I'll have to wait on that "More info later" bit.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Neilaren wrote:So an interesting tweet from GC:

"Good news. We found a bug with Stampede being too high only in Arenas. That accounts for why feedback can be so varied. More info later. "

I suspect they pinpointed the cause of its ignoring resilience (Wasn't that a problem?). Maybe it was actually something else? I'll have to wait on that "More info later" bit.
*laughs for five straight minutes IRL*

It probably had something to do with how PvP Power was getting inherited from the hunter....but that wouldn't explain why it was a bug ONLY in arenas.

I wonder how many of the nerfs will get rolled back now that they've located the actual problem! Kudos to whoever pinpointed the issue; it sounds like a really difficult thing to have caught.

GC commented again here:
Ghostcrawler wrote:Update: We have just discovered a bug in which the debuff that makes Stampede pets weaker than normal pets was not being applied in Arenas. This helps explain why hunters could cause so much damage in Arenas but not in (say) the outdoor world or a dungeon environment.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Danielfboone wrote:Femaledwarf.com has now implemented the PTR changes and is showing a significant dps increase with the new version of Lynx Rush. It is showing an increase on the order of 3k overall dps for the BM spec in full BiS gear and full raid buffs. It is outdoing MOC by 1.2k.
*cheers!*

I get to keep my lovely spazz-pets! <3 Also giggling madly at the idea of that Stampede debuff not being applied in Arenas for various evil reasons.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I wouldn't get too overexcited. If the DPS increase is *that* high compared to its counterparts, expect possible incoming nerfs. It'll likely bring this on par with the other abilities where possible. They may buff the abilities, but more likely they'll trim some of the damage from this one. Either way, don't make any plans until 5.1 hits live!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Still, for now it is a good sign.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

They are now buffing MM by reverting Careful Aim back to the first 20% of damage instead of 10 and also doubling the duration of the Steady Shot Haste buff. Early indications are that it's still not enough to make it get back on par with the other specs, especially BM.
•Careful Aim now increases the critical strike chance of Steady Shot and Aimed Shot by 75% on targets who are above 80% health, down from 90%.

•The duration of Steady Focus has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10 seconds.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

The last I heard they stated that MM was on par with the other specs, but required more skill.

These changes, especially the Steady Focus one, may be intended to make the spec more forgiving.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Ziarre wrote:The last I heard they stated that MM was on par with the other specs, but required more skill.

These changes, especially the Steady Focus one, may be intended to make the spec more forgiving.
They said something to that effect but everyone knew it wasn't the case. Now they seem to have acknowledged that. In all the sims, MM was trailing BM by 8-10% in dps and people were reporting pretty much the same in real game action.
Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

newest build is in...Lynx Rush nerfed MORE....by 29%

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Nooo...

Don't take my pet-going-ninja-on-things from me T.T

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I think it is a bit contradictary to have the newly designed LYnx Rush as a sustainable dps when it has the same cd as burst skills. If it is supposed to be something sustainable, shouldn't its cd lowered to something less or equal to 60 secs? I don't mind the damage nerf as long as it really becomes as something we can use more often rather only every 90 secs. Being it is an aoe as well, a lot of mobs that needed to be aoe down are mobs with low health and easily dies, which is weird to have something to dots over them. It would be more benificial if each initial strike have a more significant dps followed by stacking dots.
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

This is why I took Blink Strike : P Besides, it's fun to see your pet teleporting like a mage.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

pop wrote:I think it is a bit contradictary to have the newly designed LYnx Rush as a sustainable dps when it has the same cd as burst skills. If it is supposed to be something sustainable, shouldn't its cd lowered to something less or equal to 60 secs? I don't mind the damage nerf as long as it really becomes as something we can use more often rather only every 90 secs. Being it is an aoe as well, a lot of mobs that needed to be aoe down are mobs with low health and easily dies, which is weird to have something to dots over them. It would be more benificial if each initial strike have a more significant dps followed by stacking dots.
I think if they gave it a shorter cooldown, it would be too OP.

LisaaraPokefarm

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Junrei wrote:
pop wrote:I think it is a bit contradictary to have the newly designed LYnx Rush as a sustainable dps when it has the same cd as burst skills. If it is supposed to be something sustainable, shouldn't its cd lowered to something less or equal to 60 secs? I don't mind the damage nerf as long as it really becomes as something we can use more often rather only every 90 secs. Being it is an aoe as well, a lot of mobs that needed to be aoe down are mobs with low health and easily dies, which is weird to have something to dots over them. It would be more benificial if each initial strike have a more significant dps followed by stacking dots.
I think if they gave it a shorter cooldown, it would be too OP.
Like I said, I don't mind if the damaged is nerfed to make up for something that can be used more frequently, just as long it won't replace multi shot or something that can be used between barrage, and multishot.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The latest LR nerf might actually bring it down to par with MOC and give us an actual choice. The sims were showing LR as the only choice , at least for BM.