Hunter changes on the PTR

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Hunter changes on the PTR

Unread post by Rawr »

I want Aspect of the Dragonhawk back then. :mrgreen:

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Actually guys ..

Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Talents
•Lynx Rush damage reduced by 54%.

Beast Mastery
•Bestial Wrath now also breaks all effects which cause loss of control of your pet.No longer makes pet unstoppable.

Major Glyphs
•Glyph of Aimed Shot allows Aimed Shot to be cast while moving.
•Glyph of Solace now also works with Scatter Shot.

Pet Talents
Ferocity
•Rabid now increases attack speed instead of power.

Great so its dots and 54% less damage.. so basically yah noone will prolly ever go for lynx rush now. It just makes me mad with how hunters are getting nerfed because of pvp yet none of the OP other classes were touched last season. And warriors are apparently OP still and havent been nerfed.

Remember last tier they wouldnt buff us so that we'd be actually good in pvp because it would effect us to much in pve, but yet now that we are OP in pvp they will nerf us so that we are worse off in pve..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

What I would like to know is if this in inclusive of the *new* Lynx rush design. If it is and lynx will now have it's damage extended over 15 seconds as a stacking bleed and also reduced by 54%..... I'm not sure how popular it will be anymore in pvp or pve. :?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Frost mages got hit with the nerfbat too, actually. It's warriors who need them next.

I'm hoping Lynx Rush doesn't get ALL those nerfs; it seems to be getting the blame for all of the problems.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Alot of the people I talk to dont seem to think hunters are that OP and I agree we have burst damage but healers are OP..

Mages have burst dps, warriors apparently have high dps, the only people who are complaining are those in pvp so why dont they just fix pvp resilency like they said they would? If they actually did that it wouldnt be to bad. My burst dps happens once every 5 mins, but hunters are still beyond squishy.. like seriously.. I can get up to 70k which lasts 4 secs then it goes back to normal dps but mages have higher burst dps then me.

Kalliope

Sasrei wrote:Alot of the people I talk to dont seem to think hunters are that OP and I agree we have burst damage but healers are OP..
Then I'm sorry to say it, but the people you talk to don't know what they're talking about. Hunters were doing STUPID amounts of burst before; some of the nerfs are definitely needed.

YouTube Edition

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Yeah, the amount of burst a BM hunter could bring in early MoP was nothing short of terrifying.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I saw a BM hunter do nearly 70k in burst DPS. My jaw dropped.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ive seen mages do much more and warriors do great dps to. my high dps is usually because of stampede... well stampede > bw > lynx rush > dire beast readiness rinse and repeat lol

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sasrei wrote:Ive seen mages do much more and warriors do great dps to. my high dps is usually because of stampede... well stampede > bw > lynx rush > dire beast readiness rinse and repeat lol
Both are getting a bit of a nerfbat. :P BM is no different. they need it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ok so can bm hunters be less OP but hunters less squishy? Cause I dont know about you guys but dang.. im squishy.. squishier then usual.

Kalliope

Killing people before they kill me. :D Hunters are pretty OP still.

EDIT: Sas, you might want to look into changing your glyphs. And if you don't have PvP gear, get it. Makes a HUGE difference.
Last edited by Kalliope on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

YouTube Edition

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

To think that players wouldn't stack all of their burst damage abilities together is just silly.
Sure the DPS that we can do is insane, but no less insane than many, other classes.

There are quite a few videos out there showing the fastest DPSers out their in duels with the same opponent in PvP gear. The one I saw hunters came in 6th.
We are however the class that is getting hit the hardest and repeatedly with the nerf bat.

We deserve a small nerf to be sure, maybe a shared 30 sec cooldown with BW and Stampede.
(aside from their current cooldown)
But changing Lynx Rush from a single target burst ability to a bleed ability?
The fact that the target that your pet hits for each attack is random if there are more than one target,
the ability itself isn't OP in situations where there is more than one target doesn't seem to matter. Especially if there are 3 or more. This randomness was a built in limitation but lets completely forget about that.

My pet rushing around doing a set amount of damage as a 15 second bleed DoT instead of an Burst damage ability that directly scales with AP.... yeah thanks Blizzard.

Rest in peace Lynx Rush, you will be nerfed into the ground so far noone will take the ability over the two other choices.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I agree Lynx Rush will be completely useless if it goes live the way it is on the PTR now. Lynx Rush was never OP in PvE. Murder of Crows has always done more damage on a single target. The only solution to the whole problem is to eliminate Arenas which never should have been added in the first place. Blizzard has even said that if they had it to do over again, Arenas would not exist.
Kalliope

All I can say is....don't knock it unless you've tried it. :) Some of us enjoy arena.

YouTube Edition

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Kalliope wrote:All I can say is....don't knock it unless you've tried it. :) Some of us enjoy arena.
I tried it when it was in the preview stage and hated it. I don't do the multiplayer or deathmatch modes in shooter games either. I don't even do duels.

Arenas are the single biggest obstacle to proper balancing of the classes and specs within those classes. I think that's undeniable.
Kalliope

Danielfboone wrote:Arenas are the single biggest obstacle to proper balancing of the classes and specs within those classes. I think that's undeniable.
And so what if it is? It doesn't make them any less enjoyable or challenging for those who like them. It's worth the tradeoff in flaws on that count.

YouTube Edition

swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

Kalliope wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:Arenas are the single biggest obstacle to proper balancing of the classes and specs within those classes. I think that's undeniable.
And so what if it is? It doesn't make them any less enjoyable or challenging for those who like them. It's worth the tradeoff in flaws on that count.
I respectfully disagree. If an ability is overpowered in PvP, make it unusable as such. I think abilities aimed for making PvE interesting shouldn't be affected by its potential effect on another player. World PvP is one thing, but if you feel in rated situations it doesn't work out, just don't allow it.

Bloodlust and Army of the Dead for example aren't usable in arena. Throwing stampede in this category would be I'm by me as that would be a big chunk of the instant burst. They could leave Lynx Rush alone then as the burst is more bearable. Not to mention pets can be cc'd during BW now so an intelligent person can effectively cc the pet and negate what is a minute and a half cd.

I don't like the change, and I do PvP regularly, that's why I know what can counter me. Removing stampede from arena would probably solve the problem, but PvPrs would cry they can't use it, so as a result another interesting one is nerfed due to the burst they do when stacked.
Kalliope

I do agree; there doesn't seem to be a good balance between making hunters happy with having all their pets out via stampede and having the cooldown be long enough to keep it out of arena. Yet, anyway. :)

YouTube Edition

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Energizing Spores (New) Surrounds all friendly party and raid members with energizing spores, increasing spell haste by 5%.