Windsteed = Mythological Qillin irl?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Windsteed = Mythological Qillin irl?

Unread post by pop »

from wow fb!!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Oh my.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Interesting. So where do we get it?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

From the way Blizzard's being all hinty about it, probably Blizzard Store. They don't usually go to that length to unveil a mount or pet unless it's that or a Collector's Edition item.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

This is true.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm not sure if I'm sold yet... I'll reserve any judgement til we can get a closer look at it.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

It may be~ It seems that usually the datamined mechanics are leaked first, followed with the mount/pet/whatever but thats Beta and PTR stuff. I dont think we've ever had the mount leaked before the mechanics that was acquired in-game. But its hard to say.

Theres a LOT of mounts datamined but no info on where they'll come from so this mount might be one of them. But with no game time at all in the Beta before release (its only just recently been skinned of course ;3) and no time in the PTR -yet- (its still early, it may be added in a different PTR patch), theres equal chance for it to be acquired in-game or through the store :3

I really hope more screenies come out, in that pic it looks like a goat and a pig had a baby.. its nose looks like a hog snout and i got no idea whats goin' on with its eyes and reins (hard to tell if the reins are directly under and around the lower half of the eyes or if the skin bubbled into a long skinny line going across his muzzle. Sorta like reptilian-ish skin)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Xakaal wrote:It may be~ It seems that usually the datamined mechanics are leaked first, followed with the mount/pet

This is also true, and generally blizzard have only every announced mounts/pets on their FB page that end up in the Bliz Shop. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I think it's very, unlikely.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Xakaal wrote:It may be~ It seems that usually the datamined mechanics are leaked first, followed with the mount/pet

This is also true, and generally blizzard have only every announced mounts/pets on their FB page that end up in the Bliz Shop. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I think it's very, unlikely.
Im confused ;;>_> <_<;; unlikley that it'll be in-game or in the blizz store? I'll be estatic if its in the store :3 tho of course i would love to see more of it before i get all excited cause it looks really akward face-wise from the far away, sideways point of view we were given. Also didnt know (saw the little text right above the pic) that it was actually released by blizz, not leaked into MMO like we usually encounter, thats veery interesting! Means we'll be seeing it soon(ish) wherever it will come from

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am kinda disappointed by it. Will all the ways to do Kirin mounts...this one seems to have a really pudgy face, and its rather bland...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I'll need to have a closer look at the 3d model of it...

I keep wanting it though :P

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

From the pic it doesn't look like it's intended to be a qilin/kirin at all, but a flying goat with some qilin themed armour pieces. At least from the pics the "scaly" legs look like pieces of armour and the barbel things look like they're part of the harness. It also looks rather cutesy. Ah well :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:From the pic it doesn't look like it's intended to be a qilin/kirin at all, but a flying goat with some qilin themed armour pieces. At least from the pics the "scaly" legs look like pieces of armour and the barbel things look like they're part of the harness. It also looks rather cutesy. Ah well :(
I did not see any Blizz person say it was going to be one. I like it but I can see why others don't but I do think people let their hopes get way too high on this XD
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I find the subtle oddity intriguing.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I'll give it a shot, but i'm not too sure if I like it or not...

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote:From the pic it doesn't look like it's intended to be a qilin/kirin at all, but a flying goat with some qilin themed armour pieces. At least from the pics the "scaly" legs look like pieces of armour and the barbel things look like they're part of the harness. It also looks rather cutesy. Ah well :(
I did not see any Blizz person say it was going to be one. I like it but I can see why others don't but I do think people let their hopes get way too high on this XD
No, but this thread WAS a speculation thread, based on the bare model, that it might be one. I was just expressing sadness that it's not looking to be the case.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I need to see a better shot before I can say more...the face looks odd, and it does look more like a goat than a Kirin (too much fur). There's only scales on the back legs and it looks weird. Does it run on a cloud? Hmm...

It doesn't look shiny enough for a blizzstore mount...
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

I think we definitely need a better look at it, because I actually think it IS a WoW version of a Kirin, so who knows! To me it doesn't look like armor, but scaley legs with fur starting on the back of the haunches/rump with the fuzzy tail. It actually looks almost spot on to my statue I have on the mantle a few feet away from me lol. The horns look organic (to me) so I don't think it is part of the armor. I also personally think they wanted to stay away from an overly Dragon styled face that Kirin in most art have, possibly to give it their personalization and to make it different enough from other mounts so people wouldn't complain? Maybe? I dunno lol. I do agree he has a tad too much fur on the front half, as many Kirin are scaled along the whole body. I personally would have colored the fleshy bits a grey or darker color instead of the... well... flesh tone. I'll reserve final opinion until I can get a really good look at it, but it looks pretty nice so far. It isn't as exact to the historical art as the Cloud Serpents and Quilen are, but not terrible for a re-imagining.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

MMOC seems to think it's blizzard-store and I'm inclined to agree. Every other rep faction already has mounts to go with it, and the raid loot tables are set. I can't think of one time where Blizz went in and -added- loot to a raid table, only removed it.

I think it's really handsome, but... I already have more mounts than I can ride. And none of my characters even ride the sparkle pony or golden dragon of hugeness I bought as it is. (I do still ride the Guardian though; such a nice mount.)

I suppose we'll see.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about the texture. Loved it while it was blank.
ImageImage