Windsteed = Mythological Qillin irl?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Windsteed = Mythological Qillin irl?

Unread post by Wain »

OK, I take it back. That screenshot yesterday was a really, really terrible depiction of it!

It quite obviously is meant to be something like a kirin, and not a goat playing dress-ups. Cool :) I just hope there are no-harness versions so they can stick them in the wild too.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

All I can say for now is... meh. I'm not too impressed. I'm not liking the looks of those ears at all. I preferred the untextured version! xD But maybe I'll change my mind once I see it in-game.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

Several have said that this isn't a store mount, what makes you think that? The fact it has more than one color? A new faction mount? or a instance drop?

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Probably a mix of multiple colors and wishful thinking. I have my theory, but I'm sitting tight until we know more.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Kaellan wrote:Several have said that this isn't a store mount, what makes you think that? The fact it has more than one color? A new faction mount? or a instance drop?
Pretty much all of those, er, if there are new dungeons and/or a new faction that these can appropriately be added to. We have yet to see a single blizz store mount that offers different color variations of itself. They have thusfar made each of the store mounts in a particular fasion where they have no plans to give it color variations ever. The blizz store mounts are one of a kind and unique to the store specifically and will never be acquireable in-game.Creating a color variant now, after already being released, would create a massive uproar, irregardless of where the mount was implemented.

Adding several colors to the store all at once still, im sure to many, would go on and on about how unfair it is that so many colors are in the store and that only rich people can afford them. If some were acquireable in-game, people would complain about how people who dont wanna pay can still get them, while also complaining that their fav color is either in the store or requires too much work to gain.

Theres a lot of potential for it to be an utter ragefest irregardless of how its implemented if the store is involved in any way. We'll of course have to wait and see of course cause its only just been unveiled in its complete form. My only fears about it is if they're hard as frick to acquire. Blizz store, dun much care if its added to that. My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks so i'll be gettin' money there. But if its anything except a daily quest style rep grind, i'll never see em. I just dont know the right people to be able to be an active achiever of current content. I gotta wait years till people can half-ass it to get something i want with less fuss.

But anyways, yea, it may be from the store still, but its doubtful because of the color variations. I'll be happily surprised if they're added into the store tho. Unless its white. Yuck. Sorry, it just looks really bad. I'd get the yellow one before the white any day and ive never been one for yellow mounts xD. The overall model is definitely growing on me tho. I just cant stop staaaaaaaring~

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

The white one (to me) is by far the worst, but i do like the green/brown one. If I could only have one, that would be it. The other colors aren't that bad. The fat cheeks, and odd muzzle though seem off on it. I do like what they did with its feet though.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

You get the white one on the PTR to test out. At least I did.

The flying animation is the same as headless horseman, and the cloud under the feet isnt bad at all.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

WTB Black Windsteed ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Spiritbinder wrote:WTB Black Windsteed ;)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

They model looks lovely in the PTR, but my main gripe is the animation when viewed from the back. The hind legs look HORRIBLE, it almost has the lame worg leg thing going on. It's really a shame since you spend most of your time staring at the back of your mounts.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

My god, that is gorgeous!
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

That's edited isnt it.. i nearly died when i saw that and thought it was a new release..

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xakaal wrote:That's edited isnt it.. i nearly died when i saw that and thought it was a new release..
Yeah I think it's just SB being a mount tease.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

dunno about the mount yet but somehow the muzzle reminds me of a chimpanzee/gorilla >_>

and the black one looks awesome even if its only a fan made recolor :P
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Ziarre wrote:
Xakaal wrote::lol: im with ya there, aspect was total eye candy and then you hop on one and omg it was like celestial steed all over again.. Speaking of which.. why dafaq did they give the celestial steed the hippogryph animations when there were already flying horses before it was released (i think, wasnt the HH mount present before the celestial steed?).
They actually gave it the Invincible animations, as it's the same skeleton and same shape. Granted, Invincible's skeleton was hippogryph based.
Invincible and Celestial Steed are the exact same animation wise so not really much to talk about there :P The meaning i was pointing at is that theres flying horses they could of modeled em after. Aka no wings~ Invincible was an ordinary horse and blizz slapped wings on it and shoved it out the door which is rediculious imo :/ One of the rarest mounts, if not the rarest, and its one of the worst animated because its using a completely wrong skeleton for the animal its based off of (like hello blizz, horses do NOT have clawed talons for feet!). Why wings were added at the cost of appropriate and perfectly fine animation that would of really made the mounts come together beautifully, i will have no idea :|

Is there by chance people on the PTR can give us some more shots of the windsteed in flight in front, sideways, and back? Not too close or too far, a nice distance from the char to get a good taste of it in action since im sure its not on the model viewer yet

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

*blinks* I thought I just said that the two had the same animations?

Not getting into whether I think Invincible was poorly done or not, as it's a subjective thing.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

I will when I get home, it's got the Talbuk base for sure and a lovely flowy tail. Two horns though /sadface. We all got the white one.

The grounded run animation is right now stupidly fast and it's like the knees are glued to the front armor piece.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I absolutely adore the white one, but the red one isn't half bad either. The other two would do as well, depending on the character mog theme, with the 'fell' one being perfect for locks :D

Gimme!

Although...
Don't get too excited about all those colours. Remember all the flying discs datamined before MoP hit? We've got one of them, where is the rest, I ask? /sadpanda

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Does the image tag resize work on these forums? I got my screenies uploaded.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Would anyone be able to upload some gifs of them running/some of it's animations?

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)