New Companion Pets in Latest Built

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: New Companion Pets in Latest Built

Unread post by Kalliope »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Oh my god it has a mouth on its back.
THE BETTER TO NOM YOUR TOES WITH!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I'm going to be busy once 5.1 drops, it seems. And I was just lamenting to my husband the other day that there were no pet slimes that looked like the viscidus globule!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

That globule both makes me happy and angry. Happy, because I want a slime that looks like that, and because I never get people to take on Visc. Angry because Visc really isn't soloable, and getting people who know how to do the battle is... difficult at best. I suspect even dropping the pet, it'll still be a bitch to get people to do this!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Kurasu wrote:That globule both makes me happy and angry. Happy, because I want a slime that looks like that, and because I never get people to take on Visc. Angry because Visc really isn't soloable, and getting people who know how to do the battle is... difficult at best. I suspect even dropping the pet, it'll still be a bitch to get people to do this!
Agreed completely. And my 3 man team doesn't have and late that do frost damage. And my Guildies won't know that fight >.<

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Eternallylostx wrote: Agreed completely. And my 3 man team doesn't have and late that do frost damage. And my Guildies won't know that fight >.<
The problem isn't the frost damage. There are a lot of ways that you can 'cheese' some frost damage on any class at all. It might be miniscule amounts, but there are ways. The *problem* is the 200 melee hits after he's been frozen, in order to shatter him. :(
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

yay red pandaren and robo raptors XD

So hey can we have a tumbleweed pet as well?? I would love to have a tumbleweed pet lol
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

pop wrote:So hey can we have a tumbleweed pet as well?? I would love to have a tumbleweed pet
I love this idea! The tumbleweeds are one of my favorite parts of KLS.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Oooh, cool, more mechanical pets for my toybox. I like the robo-cat, and the mechanical bear cub...let's hope they get that skin fixed before release.

I'll also have to grab a Nexus whelp to go with my Azure drake.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

YAY firespirit and new pets.....annd there goes any chance I had of finishing my golden lotus rep :lol:
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Must get the Infinite Whelp and Nexus Whelp. I've always liked the nexus dragons and the Azure Drake is still my most wanted mount. I'd love to see a mount based off Murozond. It probably will never happen, but I love his model so much. Atleast I can have a mini one, although an old model, but better than nothing.

Of course I can't forget Chrominius. He'll match Xavier, my Chromaggus.
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Robobear and roboraptor appear to have new models in this upcoming build. Wonder what the redpanda models will be for...

Edit: Also, Mr. Bigglesworth is a meta-achievement reward from getting the other raid-dropping battle pets.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm looking on the PTR, and not only do the bear and raptor have new models, but they actually have working technique lists now. That's a good sign! The bear's adorable, too; I can't wait to get hold of one. The harpy, libram, and cat have their techniques set as well. Honky-Tonk is still listed, and still only shows those three techniques; probably like was said earlier, this is a mistake.

If Mr. Bigglesworth is being rewarded as a meta-achievement, the book doesn't reflect this. It still says that he is dropped from Kelly. However, as the achievement states that Mr. Bigglesworth comes from it, I have to say that's what we're looking at. Besides, it would make sense as to have three drops in each place, instead of three in most and a fourth in one (since only 12 'drops' are listed in the achievement).

Hopped down to Tanaris through CoT to check things out (because for some reason I was in Outlands), and take a look at what I found:

Looks like they've put the actual pets in now! These fellows are all *over* the place, both inside and outside the CoT.

Also, a stealth-change: Stinkbugs seem to have gotten slightly bigger as mobs. Hopefully they'll be easier to click now.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102612_201505.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102612_201505.jpg (164.16 KiB) Viewed 12488 times
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

A trip to Northrend to check a few places out confirms the following.

The Emerald Proto-Whelps are, as expected, spawning in the Savage Thicket (the place the proto-drakes are).

The Nexus Whelplings, like the Infinite Whelplings, are spawning all over Coldarra, and are not limited to any one particular area there.

Also, Devouring Maggots are now spawning as battle pets, rather than only found in secondary. At last!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Although they are listed as being in Dun Morogh, the Fluxfire Felines are in the area of New Tinkertown. The Gnome area. They are also apparently sharing an area with Irradiated Roaches; hopefully that'll make those easier to find and capture, too, instead of having to hunt every single one of them inside Gnomergon itself.

Lofty Librams are spawned around the edges of Dalaran Crater in Hillsbrad. I haven't found any inside the crater itself (thank goodness).

Arcane Eyes are spawning in the ruins surrounding Karazhan. I only saw a few of them, though; let's hope they're not horribly rare. I'd rather not have another Minfernal!

As expected, the robotic bear cubs are in the gnome town in Winterspring.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

With being on the hunt last night, I didn't finish up my searching for minipets! Finishing that check-out now. :D

Cogblade Raptors, as expected, litter the area in Singing Ridge and around Toshley's Station. And I'm not gonna lie: they look *AWESOME*. For how tiny they are, the detail put into them is really impressive.

... they also go 'RAWR' occasionally, even in the wild. I was just about to hearth out and one of them did its little screech. AWWW!

Also as expected (or at least as expected by me), the Harpy Younglings are scattered through The Dry Hills, where the other harpies are. Likewise with the little Feralas yetis: they are scattered around, and inside the cave of, the Feral Scar Vale.

I'm going to get on with my 90 Premade and see if I can't find the Kun Lai one(s). They're probably in the Kafa Peak.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_102712_075132.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102712_075132.jpg (137.72 KiB) Viewed 12488 times
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

I was unable to find the Sumprush Rodent at all, either in mini form or in spawn form. It may well be in a phased zone, though; since I don't do questing on the PTR, really, I'll let someone else let folks know about this!

I was also unable to find the Kun-Lai Runt as of yet. I'll continue the search, but I can say that I was wrong: it's not on Kota Peak!

EDIT: Found them! They spawn on and around the Kun-Lai Summit. They are either extreeeeeeeemely spread out, or extreeeeeemely rare; I only found three of them. Two were wandering around one of the hungry yeti near Kun-Lai, the other was wandering around the road.
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

/see the red panda models
/go OMGWTFsquee~!!
/grabbyhands

If I remember right there was some achi datamined at the very start of the PTR that went somewhere along the lines of "find and defeat 8 legendary pets" with a reward of a red panda cub. That would do for one of them, I think the red one (because they love puting red things as achi rewards, and besides all hunters know that big red pets kill faster :P) so that leaves the other 4 to possibly (/cross fingers) be put somewhere into Padaria as regular battlepets.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Wamo
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Wamo »

I love the skin for the Raptor, has a very "Ulduary" theme to it. Will look great with a Mimiron's Head!

Also, was nice talking to you in Blade's Edge Kurasu, cross realm borked it though so I couldn't reply anymore. :(

Myrrmi wrote:/see the red panda models
/go OMGWTFsquee~!!
/grabbyhands

If I remember right there was some achi datamined at the very start of the PTR that went somewhere along the lines of "find and defeat 8 legendary pets" with a reward of a red panda cub. That would do for one of them, I think the red one (because they love puting red things as achi rewards, and besides all hunters know that big red pets kill faster :P) so that leaves the other 4 to possibly (/cross fingers) be put somewhere into Padaria as regular battlepets.
Looks like that achievement was removed after the first ptr build. Hopefully it will come back in some shape or form (legendary pets sound awesome!) but either way, I'm sure the Red Pandas will show up somewhere... they are cute!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

While the Infinite is very cute (I shall have a tiny Chrona and I shall call it mine) the lack of bronze whelplings is quite distressing to me. I need my itty bitty Kozridormu. Neeeeeds it. D:

On other news besides lamenting the LACK OF BRONZE WHELPLINGS :C I am really digging that mechanical raptor. It's so precious yesss. <3 And I like the thin spellcaster black dragonkin pet, those look awesome. AND THE ITTY BITTY NEXUS WHELP WITH ITS HELMET D'AAAW.

so as you can tell I really like the dragons yup.
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Equeon wrote: Image
Wait, Mr. Bigglesworth is UNDEAD?!