Rants/Raves On The New 5.1 Tameables!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Rants/Raves On The New 5.1 Tameables!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The old thread of findings is getting quite cluttered by all sorts of people saying how good things are, despite the polite requests to take it elsewhere. Well, now here's an 'elsewhere' to take the variety of rants, raves, complaints, compliments, yays, boos, and whatever else. :) Let's leave the thread of findings as 'findings' and have a nice collection for the people who are just looking to chat.

Note: I have no problems with chatter, but I go to the 'findings' thread for findings. ;) Hell, if I had problems with it I wouldn't be joining in. I'm personally loving all the awesome stuff we're getting, rares-wise.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Rants/Raves On The New 5.1 Tameables!

Unread post by Kalliope »

Thanks, Kurasu! :D

I too am thrilled by all these new beasties, whether they have new looks or not!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yay, time to gush over my personal favourites. :D

Zorn
Such a cutie, my favourite tarantula model. I'd always hoped we'd get a rare green at some point, so I'm really happy about him! I also feel pretty attached since he was the first rare to show himself to me on the PTR.

Deathstrike
The instant I saw him I knew I would be taming him to be my ravager Naraku. He encompasses him so well! They're the exact same models, but Deathstrike has the right attitude to be my Naraku.

Zormus
Another tame swap for me! I'll be retaming my Reznor as this guy, I'm so happy to see another purple warpie put in game, and even better one that doesn't have the direct female persona. I always feel a bit strange when I tame an obviously feminine mob and make it a male afterwards, so Reznor will be well suited to this new one. :) Plus I love the crypt location. <3

Chops
I was hoping a croc would show up! <3 This guy has a great personality, I love watching him lurk in the water between Arathi and Wetlands.

Manas
I'm undecided if I'll tame him myself, but I'm so relieved to see at least one of the silvery dragonhawk skins added. This model alone makes the family so much more appealing to me as I've never liked their other colour schemes.

And as honorable mentions, I'm really happy the white demon dog finally has a solid form. The swimming worms are all too adorable, they have fantastic water animations so it's wonderful to see them get placed like that! Speaking of worms, the Deep Tunneler is amazing, and I really hope he nudges the door open for more additions like the Outland burrowers. :)

I don't think I could have anything bad to see about this awesome influx of new rares. I suppose I'm not fond of the wind serpents with odd, mismatching wing colours myself, but it's certainly an interesting way of making new skins! And even though I don't personally like see-through pets, I love that there's more options out there for everyone of both solid and ghostly models.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Excited for the new ones to show up! I can replace Yuki with a Nuramoc skin. And Sunwing is gorgeous. I'll be after him for sure. Also Bombyx, determined on server first.

Overall, excited for 5.1 to launch.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I am stoked with how spoilt we are!

Personally, as for rants... I really wanted the Black Dragonhawk! Booo boooo...

As for raves, OMG we got the silver Dragonhawk! woot woot! /fistpump!

Oh and regardless of taming them or not, I am seriously digging some of the windsepent wing and body colour swaps, really amazing and surprisingly beautiful!

Oh and the armored Dragon hawk, just so very very cool 8-)

The transparency pets are really neat too, it gives a "spirit beastly" quality to pets that non BM hunters can tame, I know a lot of people like that.

Probably my favorite addition would be the tamable Arcane Wyrms, I just always adored those guys, I cant wait to tame one! (I've already started swapping my mog set in anticipation :) )

I really could go on, but I really don't know whats not to like :lol:

Thanks JNoah, your the best! :hug:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Super thrilled with all these new beasties! Personally I dunno which dragonhawk I want for Junrei.....she's my Shado-Pan huntresss. I love them both!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

None of them are hydras! But seriously, I like some of these new rares, especially the dragonhawks and the new serpents. Hopefully this spirit beast that's been hyped about is awesome.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

so this is the fainting couch thread amirite?
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

I'm honestly stunned by the astonishing number of rares we're being given in this patch. I almost can't even process it. Well over 100 rares, with the potential for even more to be found before 5.1 goes live? And several of them are new or previously unused skins? I... I don't... what?

And the quality! Some of them stand out a little less than others, it's true, but have you seen rares like Gnath, paddling around adorably in his own tiny pool? Or Rexxus, napping by the fire? Swee, waiting politely in the stables? Or, wow, Zormus! Those eyes, that shadowed shape in the dark! How can you possibly fail to be charmed or excited in the slightest by at least one of these new rares? They're phenomenal!

That's not even getting into the new skins, or even newly tameable models. Arcane serpents. Can you believe it? Not to mention the number of new, shiny cats, or wind serpents, or even damaged silithids... Wain counted up 33 new or previously untameable looks. 33. 33! Just roll that around in your head for a minute. That is NOT an inconsiderable number.

Also, let's not forget the skins that are becoming vastly more accessible, especially to people like me who don't generally run around guilded. The chromatic core hound, for instance. Having difficulty finding people to help you reach Chromaggus? No big deal. Chromehound is there for you. Princess Huhuran a little rough? How 'bout Lord Kri? All good. Cida and Bornix the Burrower have you covered. RNG being cruel to you on your hunt for the Albino Eyegouger? Laugh over it with Cackle! And that's not even the end of the list!

Basically, ever since we started finding these new rares, I've been unbelievably touched and overwhelmed with excitement. I can't imagine how much work this must have been, Noah, but I want you to know that it's not going unappreciated in the least... and that for a few weeks after 5.1 goes live, I'm probably going to go excitedly say hello to every single new rare a few times over, because I'm ridiculous that way. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is absolutely the most wonderful thing. :hug:

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Caelan and the others said it better than I could. I am extremely thankful and excited about all these new additions.
Personal favourites include the arcane serpents (have wanted those for a long time, thanks for adding my favourite, the red!), the gorgeous solid white demon dog (never been able to bond with the ghostly version), both the armoured and the grey dragonhawk and the ghostly blue gem owl (I would prefer the solid model, but who cares, at least I can HAVE it at long last in some for or another!).

I am also extremely impressed by all the new, more easily obtainable skins such as the black warpie, the green Madexx, Chromaggus, etc. And am personally very happy for the lower level yellow shale spider! It will be wonderful seeing lower level/guildless hunters with a selection of these beasties!
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

I love the new rares period
However it feels like some zones are way to cluttered with amount of rares while other zones are still completely void of them.

and I think we already found 2/3 of the rares or something?
We still have many zones in azeroth to go not to mention outlands, norhrend, cata zones and even pandaria o.O
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I definitely plan to tame Barnacle Jim. We'll have to see whether I end up taming Chromaggus or Chromehound first, depending on how quickly Chrominius drops.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

An armored dragonhawk will be mine. I can't wait. <3 As well as an Arcane Serpent. I really want to start a new hunter just so I can tame the new pets at-level! I'm so thrilled, we're such a spoiled class. Noah has really outdone himself this time.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I am extremely thankful and excited about all these new additions. I think Blizzard have been very good to us

My highlight of all these lovely pets?

Pip :hug: :hug:

Very very happy to see this skin being introduced

ofc. the non cata skin would fit him better but still a good take on my Pip

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

Man any word on 1.5's going live party? My taming finger is itching!

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh yes, Tarnfalk! That skin too. LOVE IT. Have been waiting for it for ages. Thank you again, Noah!
gaghiel
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by gaghiel »

While I appreciate the effort with all the new rares, I must admit that is -not- what we asked for or really needed. It will add quite a bit of fun hunting rares, but with CRZ, competition will be fierce, and more likely than not, all of these have mostly been added for the boost to Xp at low levels to help people grind levels faster.

What they have done so far is offer us a few new skins: Arcane Serpents (the only thing I am looking forward to), the burrowed jormangand, and the new colors for a few models. This is nice, and I am glad it is done.

What they haven't done is address a huge assortment of requests from the fanbase and seem to in general be ignoring those suggestions. They haven't added in Rams to the Goat family AFAIK, there is nothing really spectacular in the 'rares' in pandaria aside from the hunting mechanic to find them (which is kinda neat). I have yet to be wowed at anything they've thrown out there for us really for this update.

Where are the Hydra skins that people have been begging for forever? The other dinosaurs like Pterodax and Dimetrodons? Clefthooves, thunderlizards, Mushan and Kodos in the Rhino family? Any of the hooved animals that we've wanted? (Noone I know ever wanted Goats). No new spirit beasts yet?

The list goes on and on, and yet they're giving us more named stuff in an attempt to placate us. Alas. Hopefully it gets better before the end of Beta.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

My faves are Sun Wing and The Deep Tunneler and also the Fezed Monkey XD

o and of course ARCANE WYRM!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

gaghiel wrote:While I appreciate the effort with all the new rares, I must admit that is -not- what we asked for or really needed. It will add quite a bit of fun hunting rares, but with CRZ, competition will be fierce, and more likely than not, all of these have mostly been added for the boost to Xp at low levels to help people grind levels faster.
Matter of opinion right there, I must say. A lot of these many hunters have asked for(I know I have! Arcane Serpents are a big one!)and honestly, do we ever -need- this many pets?

GC did address the hydra thing. They're not happy with the model. It's likely they'll release it at a later date and I'm sure they have their reasons for not allowing mushan and such(but we must remember that can always change! Remember the porcupine?).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

As the resident champion of all things hooved becoming tamable, I am kinda sad not to see any so far this patch, but the arcane serpents are sweet and so are the new old-world rares, and I'm still holding out on spirit beasts being added in a later build. The worst thing is my stable is going to have to get overhauled for this which is something I've been putting off for a while. I don't wanna release a bunch of rares, damn it :(

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!