Rants/Raves On The New 5.1 Tameables!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Rants/Raves On The New 5.1 Tameables!

Unread post by Maizou »

Anyone happen to have pictures of Thicket and Dustwing at multiple different angles? I can't decide which one I want. ._.
Baihu
Realm: Barthilas; Ner'zul

Unread post by Baihu »

I was slightly upset that Chromehounds are now available as the duo-tame/raidclear I did with my friend was one of the funnest things I ever did and he, Chromaggus, was the reward.

Now I understand why they had to put an alternative in some ways; the battle pet that drops from him makes any raid formed to 'tame' him potentially turning into a battle of kill-or-tame. Chromehounds save hunters from being trolled.

However, he is no longer unique, and in some ways, I'm relieved. I never really liked the skin I admit, I kept it for being unique and because me and my friend went to tame him together. I simply didn't like him as much as a pet afterwards. So back to Kurken, which with his fuzzy exterior, is noticeably much cuddlier (even though he's an easy tame).

I'm hoping also that Blizz ENLARGES THE STABLE AFTER IN THE PATCH! I was already forced to release many pets in prep for MoP, and it's back to full again after the climb to 90.

I spot at least 3 pets I'm considering. Certainly that bright red arcane wyrm. I really hope they let a pet 'fly' because that flying alongside a Cloud Serpent mount...droool...

But I doubt it, still it's a good mount-pet match.

I'm overdosed on cats, I'm staying with Savage, and I still have Sambas. But shiny, and hunched, and GREEN cat...sigh...if only it used the new tiger model, it'll be a complete MUST for me to tame.

I think the Wind Serpent with the black body and orange wings might be a tame for me. Depends on my stable size :S

PS: I also kept too many 'error' pets that I can't let go, the ones with visual effects. A sword in the head, covered in void-black tar, and a bear with a cloud of purple hue (now that I think about it it looks like I'm HORRIBLE to my pets Q_Q)
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

After the change to sunwing skin, I'll probably just get a manawyrm. Loki, the Spirit of the North, wait for me, hun <3

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Not too keen on Sunwings' new look, was really looking forward to the armored look. Maybe they'll introduce another.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
gaghiel
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by gaghiel »

So, its been a bit over a week since we've had any news about pets (and it was mostly bad news). Are there any signs of things to come or are we stuck with a bunch of old rares that are only mildly exciting/recolors of what we've got, and the arcane serpents.

Not saying its entirely bad, but I was hoping for -something- that might keep me playing this trainwreck of an expansion.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

i dont know where you get your opinions from but this expansion is far from a train wreck. its an even beter expansion that any before it and is on par with the level of epicness i expect of all blizzard products. if pets are the only thing keeping you around then you should go play pokemon.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Let's keep it non-personal. Some people are bound to dislike the expansion, much as others love it. It's usually far less inflammatory to express it as your personal dislike than as an absolute, though.

Personally I'm loving it. I've found it really enjoyable. Even most of the dailies have been varied and interesting for me (though if the Shado Pan were wiped out by a swarm of mantids I might do a dance).

It's also inevitable that some won't find much joy in the nearly 150 new rares we have, but evidence suggests that a lot of people are really excited over one thing or another. For me it's the arcane wyrms. Whether or not we get new spirit beasts in this patch, most people seem pretty happy over the new things coming.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Agreed 100%. I absolutely love this expansion. It's the best one by far. <3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Heck, I don't even have mists yet, and I'm having more fun just doing pet battles and leveling Pandaren than I've had in the past few years on WoW.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I've fallen in love with the Black Dragonhawk skim and my Dark Iron Dwarf Hunter will tame her! But I do wish I can tame an armoured one on my belf though XD
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

For me, I'm excited about the 'no need for a raid group'. But that's off topic. ;) ... I'm eager to see all the new rares. So many gorgeous skins... I really worry I'm going to be overly tempted to tame something new! Just glad we haven't found any fascinating new turtles yet. Panzer is already sweating in terror.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
gaghiel
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by gaghiel »

As far as my 'train wreck' comment, the reason I say that is because of CRZ combined with the Daily Grind machine that we all have to invest into. This expansion, more than any before it has obvious signs of "we need to drag this out a bit." So they built in mechanics to keep us playing. In previous expansions, horrible rep grinds were something you aspired to do. Now, its just what everyone does whether they like it or not. Farmville as well (even though I dont mind it, cause it makes me money).

In expansions past, I felt like hunters got a lot of new/interesting things to do/tame, and especially with all the new models that started showing up in Cata. With MoP we got some more of the same out of the gate, but personally I felt like all of them were cop outs. Cranes are neat, but they are just a re-meshing of the tallstrider. Quillen have a cool ability but are just more boring dogs(we have 2 families of similar already). Silkworms and Goats? Porcupines were fun but I was kinda underwhelmed with their design so far. And the one that I really liked was just them allowing us to tame Fen Striders. That was a nice touch. (basilisks dont really get mentioned cause it feels like we were given them as just a 'here take some more stuff' option)

Since BC even we've been clamoring to tame a variety of things, and havent really seen it happen. We get close calls like with Rhinos, but didnt get Clefthooves/Kodos/Thuderlizards. We get fancy redesigns of a bunch of hooved critters and eleks and stuff and none are tameable. Hydras they explained that they don't like the model so maybe someday they'll redo it for us and then maybe we can tame it (although they already made it a family). Arcane serpents was kind of a surprise to me, it was on some people's wish lists, but it wasn't really on the high priority for most people. So while its nice to see, its like "wait? Thats it?"

I appreciate that we can't have -everything- we want, but at least try to keep us entertained. Hunting hard to get rares is fun, but my stable is full of the skins I like already (and I had to delete a few to make sure I have room for stuff I want). I would rather continue to make existing creatures tameable rather than them giving us new special ones that we'll have to compete with 5 other servers for. Spawn camping is a pain in the butt.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

As many blue posters have said(It's been on MMO Champion nearly everyday)...you do not have to do the dailies. You don't need them to get to any content. You can do as many as you please. If you try to do them all everyday, then you will burn yourself out. Calling it a train wreck because of dailies is extremely unfair and inaccurate no matter how you slice it.

Calling it a train wreck because there wasn't pets of interest to you is also unfair, imho. I loved all that we got and we're still getting. what expansion ever gave us nearly 200 new rares in a single patch? Hunters have literally been pampered to the extreme with pets more than any other expansion, even given an entirely new hunting system to avoid griefers showing Blizz was listening. Many of the stuff we're getting are things other hunters have wanted for eons.

I'm sorry but saying you're forced to do dailies when you're not(My hunter does only Cloud Serpent dailies and has done just fine) or because there wasn't a new pet you wanted yet doesn't support an expansion that's only 2 months old being a trainwreck. If the expansion was a year long, then there might be a case, but as of now, I'm just not seeing it.

Anyway, the whole expansion thing is a bit offtopic since this is about 5.1 tameables, not the entire expansion so I'm gonna just shush my lil mouth here. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

hate dailies.. finally almost finished! august celestials is my last then im free :)

im still holding out hope for a SB.. though I like a few new rares I'm unsure of why they have rares of the same skin instead of using another color. I also wish they would have added the rares to Mop side as well. The cats are neat (still no golden kitty though T.T) but the old model I have a hard time liking anymore especially with the new tigers and the amazing detail that went into them. With all the new combination skins was hoping to see some nice new models but I guess can't complain. Though I really miss the armored dragonhawk.. first rare I was actually excited for.

One thing im not looking forward to is this.. hunt. CRZ is going to make this pretty brutal..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

latest PTR build is tagged as a release candidate. this doesn't mean patch 5.1 is coming next week or even after that but it means its soon and the time for spirit beasts is running out. i hope blizzard gets them ready in time!
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I love Pandaria so much! I love the trinkets and items I've gotten from Pandaria rare mobs. I too love the no-need-for-a-group for pre-Pandaria raids in 5.1. I agree with ya, Gaghiel, on Cataclysm! And I agree with ya too on the Arcane "Serpents". They so gotta add Spirit Beasts. I'm tameable just 1 or 2 new pets in 5.1.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I'd be sad to see no new spirit beast, was hoping for one my worgie could bond with (she only has the bear..only one for some reason she bonded with...though my panada hunter has 5 she loves....lol.) BUT....EEEEEE!!!!...so excited over alot of the new skin released...going to be a rabid puppy tameing some new team mates soon :)

Oh...and ya...more stable space?...please...
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Zangor wrote:latest PTR build is tagged as a release candidate. this doesn't mean patch 5.1 is coming next week or even after that but it means its soon and the time for spirit beasts is running out. i hope blizzard gets them ready in time!
Indeed time is starting to run out :(
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

If they don't happen, they don't happen. Things do change, unfortunately! There's always the next patch. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Hopefully, the long wait means we'll be getting something really polished, well thought-out and neat as our spirit beast. :-) I know some have shown some disapproval of potentially rushed spirit beast designs before.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!