Pet ignoring grouped mobs.

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Pet ignoring grouped mobs.

Unread post by evil950510 »

I been having the same issue with my pet ignoring /not attacking mobs that move in groups. I attack a single NPC target my pet attacks, even though they still wait a few seconds before they jump in, but when its a NPC that moves around in a mob my pet will completely ignore them even when their on top of me. My pet will attack only if one of the NPCs attacks it first. I have been using Rockhide as my taking pet, so I do not know if that is a cause, but i am wondering if anyone else has notice this issue as well?
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Re: Pet ignoring grouped mobs.

Unread post by wildstormz »

Im having trouble with stupid >>>> Quilin Pets it won,t battle rez ppl it will sit there and won,t do crap! It drives me crazy.... Blizzard need fix the Quilin BR!!!

Anyone else had this problem ???
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

evil950510 wrote:I been having the same issue with my pet ignoring /not attacking mobs that move in groups. I attack a single NPC target my pet attacks, even though they still wait a few seconds before they jump in, but when its a NPC that moves around in a mob my pet will completely ignore them even when their on top of me. My pet will attack only if one of the NPCs attacks it first. I have been using Rockhide as my taking pet, so I do not know if that is a cause, but i am wondering if anyone else has notice this issue as well?
I have the same problem even when im shooting md on my pet with a grp. if i run on just alittle bit away... just move and not attack anything else my pets seams to forgot its orders and runs after me.. even if the mobs we attacked before are now attacking me. If i stand still i have to order my pet to attack the mobs which are attacking me... seams to me they lost a bit of IQ there.... which is really annoying

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

Regarding the Quilen Battle Rez, it won't actually rez the person unless your pet is close enough to them and it won't go on its own to get into range, so it can be very unfriendly to the user. What I do is put my pet on passive, run over to the dead person, and then click the battle rez.