Curious-Forced to PvP in PvE 5.1?

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Curious-Forced to PvP in PvE 5.1?

Unread post by Shade »

So I've been reading the patch notes for the PTR and various boards, but there is something I have not yet found an answer for.

In the new quest lines, where you have to kill opposing faction's NPCs, does this force you into PvP, even while on a PvE server? Are the ares where you are doing these quests now PvP, even while on a PvE server?

I have to say I am very concerned about this-I despise PvP with a passion and refuse to do any of it (unless there is a mount involved and even then.. eh). I get so frustrated and pissed when I have to play PvP-and I play the game to relax and have fun with my friends. I really do not want to even bother with this new questing and events if I am going to have to go to PvP during it.

Sooo...? Feedback from those in the beta doing it?
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Curious-Forced to PvP in PvE 5.1?

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I've wondered that too, and I feel for ya. Pvp has always been the worst part of the game for me, and after getting my violet proto, I'm never setting foot in a bg again.

Anyways, hopefully all this new stuff isn't completely pvp orientent, or else I'll be a very bored person in this patch (brawlers guild is out for a long time thanks to the stupid requirement to get in).
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I, too, have been wondering that myself. I hope that we don't have to get flagged to do any of this new content as I really do want the mounts available from them, but really don't like PVP in WoW. I'm not a big fan of PVP to begin with, but it can be enjoyable.

I still haven't obtained the black Talbuk mounts from Halaa in Outlands because I just never wanted to do the PVP for it. That and it's pretty dead anyway.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

On the PTR PvE server, try saying that fast, I am on I have done all the quest that open up the Lion's Landing area and at no time was I forced into PvP. It is more or less like Tol Barad and each fraction gives you a set of dailies each day to go mess with the other sides plans, but it never switched me to PvP. Even when I attacked the new fraction rares it did not flag me. I am sure if you attack a flight master or a guard it will flag you though.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Good to know. I was hoping it would be like Tol Barad. To be honest, when Tol Barad came out I actually thought the whole place was PVP so I avoided it for several months. Wasn't until later I found out otherwise.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Awesome, thank you for clearing that up. I was hoping it was something like that, but was not really sure with the way things were described to me.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

That sounds perfect to me. I'm also one who dislikes PvP, especially one on one where I almost always get destroyed. I'll do the occasional BG and try to snipe people from a distance as much as possible but that's it.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

I am the same do not like to PvP unless I need the Honor, but I thought it was better to find out about new Lion's Landing on PTR. Lion's Landing is on the far side East Side of Krasarang Wilds close to Jade Forrest while Domination Point is far West by Serpents Spine. Also each side has their own fraction which you do dailies to gain repso you can buy things from each sides quatermasters. Also there is a tower for each side that you can capture. for more info look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEBzAxQHOg&feature=plcp.