One phase adjustment in 5.1

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

One phase adjustment in 5.1

Unread post by Wain »

I just noticed that Alliance who enter the Horde starting area (around Honeydew Glade) in 5.1 now end up in the final phase, which means they can now see the Jade Snapping Turtles and Sha-Infested Prowlers that formerly only Horde could see. Neither is a unique skin, but it's cool you can now see and tame them. Even Alli pre-mades see it, so you don't have to have done any starting quests (pre-made Horde still see the earlier phase, so it's not just a bug). On live, Alliance see the first phase of the area, which has no beasts, but lots of Alliance troops.

Sadly, Fox Grove and Orchid Hollow still seem to have their NPCs phase out when you've finished the zone.

Sunwatcher's Ridge in Uldum (red hyaenas) still phases out too.

I haven't checked if Alcaz Island still does, as it lost my flag for having completed the scenario and shows Theramore from before the bomb. If anyone has completed the Theramore scenario on the beta it might be worth checking.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: One phase adjustment in 5.1

Unread post by Maizou »

Sorry, random curiosity, are there any unique pets in Fox Grove/Orchid Hollow that I should worry about taming before doing the quests there whenever I can?XD
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Myzou wrote:Sorry, random curiosity, are there any unique pets in Fox Grove/Orchid Hollow that I should worry about taming before doing the quests there whenever I can?XD
Only Chibee, the big, fat, yellow silkworm. His colour isn't unique, but his size is. In 5.1 he's been made quite a bit smaller, though (but still bigger than your average silkworm). But even after phasing you can still get him as he pats close to the river at one point and you can see him from the other bank. His Wowhead page has details :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
ScvgrHyena
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by ScvgrHyena »

What about the rare spawn Glimmer? Is he still having phasing problems?
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

This got me thinking, while I don't remember Orchid Hollow, why is Fox Grove being phased out at all for? I was never sent there as an Alliance player, so I'm not sure if Horde players get to go there. Still, I'm really curious to know why a place that I never went to get it's mobs to completely phase out of existance for apparently no reasons at all. O_o;
ImageImage