Possible 5.2 Mounts

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Possible 5.2 Mounts

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Romolus wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I think the animations look fantastic on the new pterodactyls myself, but I've always been really fond of the proto-drake skeleton. :)
Protos are my fave dragon type in all of WoW. They are really quite unique compared to the other classic fantasy type dragons. Also they prove evolution exsits in Azeroth! :lol:
lol, you kind of mean like the evolution of Trolls---> Night Elves ----> High Elves :P It's been in there, but takes a little of out of game looking into (the troll to NE thing was in one of the few issues of Warcraft magazine).
No, there actually is no proof that Elves of any kind came from Trolls. It's all pure speculation. Blizzard officially has taken that stance as well. The High Elves certainly did not evolve from Night Elves since what actually happened was that "a tribe of nomadic nocturnal Elves" stumbled upon the Well of Eternity and settled near it. Over time the effects of the well made the Elves grow larger and stronger and their skin to take on the bluish to purplish hue. These are the Night Elves we know now.

There is also this from the WoWWikki site;
The night elves are a reclusive and mystical race born during the waking of the world. Though tribes and clans of Trolls have been in existence almost as long as they have, the Darkspear Trolls playable in the game have not been around nearly as long, thus, making the night elves the second-most ancient race playable in the game (the most ancient being the Draenei) and the first to appear on Azeroth.
Also read http://www.wowwiki.com/Night_Elf_History.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Problem with citing WoWWiki, Daniel, is that isn't written by Blizzard. That's written and can be edited by anyone. WoWWiki is also slower to update than WoWPedia since most of the original writers/creators of WoWWiki left and made WoWPedia.

So unfortunately, if you're gonna say "Blizz said this", it's best to link a blue post or something from their site rather than a fanmade one. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

He does have a point though. theres never been a post saying that night elves evolved from trolls. I just cant believe thats possible, they're so opposite.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It's speculation and if you compare them side by side, including the fangs on the elves teeth, it's not that hard to see some sort of relation. There's nothing saying they did come from it but Blizz never said they didn't either. ;)

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Um can we get back to the mounts? I mean this is way off topic and I only brought up Proto drakes to agree with Veph >.< I love demn missing dragon links so much <3 and there is proof to back up what I said. No more elf/troll talk. Make another thread for that.

Geez guys you have made me self mod XD I hate people who self mod :lol:
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

It's been officially confirmed by Blizzard Night Elves do come from trolls. In the now defunct WoW magazine, Brann was told upfront by Cenarius that it's in fact true. If it was just Brann finding a night elven vase among troll ruins, it might be blamed on his deductions, but he was straightforward informed by Cenarius himself. Sorry, but it's officially true now.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zhinru wrote:It's been officially confirmed by Blizzard Night Elves do come from trolls. In the now defunct WoW magazine, Brann was told upfront by Cenarius that it's in fact true. If it was just Brann finding a night elven vase among troll ruins, it might be blamed on his deductions, but he was straightforward informed by Cenarius himself. Sorry, but it's officially true now.
Nothing to be sorry for! Lore is lore. :) That's right! I forgot the WoW Magazine had an article about it.

Anyway! Yes, back on topic of mounts now. If you wanna continue the NE/Troll discussion, lets make a new thread for that.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

On the whole troll/elves thing..

Assuming the elves either evolved or were mutated from the troll ancestors (important distinction, as if it's evolution, there's likely a common ancestor, but not what the trolls are currently), does that make the trolls/elves the native inhabitants of Azeroth? We already know that the dwarfs/humans, and other "species" were the result of the influence of the Titans. And where did the gnomes come from?
Account has been closed at user's request.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Slickrock wrote:On the whole troll/elves thing..

Assuming the elves either evolved or were mutated from the troll ancestors (important distinction, as if it's evolution, there's likely a common ancestor, but not what the trolls are currently), does that make the trolls/elves the native inhabitants of Azeroth? We already know that the dwarfs/humans, and other "species" were the result of the influence of the Titans. And where did the gnomes come from?
Gnomes where made by the titans too.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

Any news yet on where these mounts might come from? I am thinking with all the different triceratops colors they might be faction related, but the flying ones might be from the raid, either drops or achivement related. If the armored devilsaur is a mount, maybe quest or faction...not sure if a ground bound mount would drop from raid/achive anymore since they all seem to be ones that scale now to riding skills...and I cant see a devilsaur flying mount being taken seriously...even if it does have rocket things.

The ghostly skeletal horse though either from the blizz store or from the above locations, since its possible it will be a flying mount.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Makoes wrote:SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

Any news yet on where these mounts might come from? I am thinking with all the different triceratops colors they might be faction related, but the flying ones might be from the raid, either drops or achivement related. If the armored devilsaur is a mount, maybe quest or faction...not sure if a ground bound mount would drop from raid/achive anymore since they all seem to be ones that scale now to riding skills...and I cant see a devilsaur flying mount being taken seriously...even if it does have rocket things.

The ghostly skeletal horse though either from the blizz store or from the above locations, since its possible it will be a flying mount.
The devisuar is one of the new world bosses.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Right...forgot that :P

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Makoes wrote:Right...forgot that :P
:P easy peasy thing to do I must admit XD to forget that is!
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

Slickrock wrote:On the whole troll/elves thing..

Trolls and Aqir are widely speculated to be the original native inhabitants of Azeroth. All the animal races are related, directly or less directly, to the animal demigods which are either big loas (natural spirits) or titan-empowered watchers (or both). Everything else is expressely alien in origin (Titan constructs or cross-world invaders).

Mounts, yeah. So far only three have been datamined (triceratops, pterodactyl, undead ghost horse). With the third looking TCG-ish, one of the two must be a raid drop and the other a faction reward. And then there should be a mount(s) from the 5-man world bosses. And the Alliance and Horde factions will probably have different mounts (at least nominally). And then the raid meta mount...
I think we still don't have half the mounts from 5.2.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

The ghostly pony was a confirmed TCG mount for the next TCG set.

I'm curious which mounts will be from the new rares. So I can weep over them.
ImageImage
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

there are no 5 man world bosses in mists. there will be 2 more world raid bosses however! which will function like Sha of Anger and Galleon as 40 man boss encounters
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Zangor wrote:there are no 5 man world bosses in mists
Actually, there will be elite 5-man Zandalari that drop mounts:
Blizzard wrote:Zandalari forces have begun scouting the shores of Pandaria, searching for the perfect invasion point. The Zandalari can be found in Krasarang Wilds, Dread Wastes, Townlong Steppes, Jade Forest, and Kun-Lai Summit. Zandalari Scouts can be handled by 1 or 2 players, while elite Zandalari Warbringers will likely require a full party of 5 heroes. Defeat Warbringers to gain special drops, including crafting materials, reputation gains, an achievement, and even the chance to get one of three new rare mounts!
source
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Zangor wrote:there are no 5 man world bosses in mists
Actually, there will be elite 5-man Zandalari that drop mounts:
Blizzard wrote:Zandalari forces have begun scouting the shores of Pandaria, searching for the perfect invasion point. The Zandalari can be found in Krasarang Wilds, Dread Wastes, Townlong Steppes, Jade Forest, and Kun-Lai Summit. Zandalari Scouts can be handled by 1 or 2 players, while elite Zandalari Warbringers will likely require a full party of 5 heroes. Defeat Warbringers to gain special drops, including crafting materials, reputation gains, an achievement, and even the chance to get one of three new rare mounts!
source
That's what I was referring to, and was about to quote, thank you.
Leozero
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Leozero »

the armored triceratops/direhorn and devilsaur are probably bosses or untameable elites, neither mounts, and why do people call the "birdlike" ones phoenixes? theyre obviously not phoenixes! theyre some kind of archeopterix. and i belive those will be the drops from the elite trolls
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Leozero wrote:the armored triceratops/direhorn and devilsaur are probably bosses or untameable elites, neither mounts, and why do people call the "birdlike" ones phoenixes? theyre obviously not phoenixes! theyre some kind of archeopterix. and i belive those will be the drops from the elite trolls
They call them phoenixes because they use the same model and animations as the Pandaren phoenixes.