Buy The Farm from Farmer Yoon!

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Buy The Farm from Farmer Yoon!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Buy The Farm

* Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now purchase the land from Farmer Yoon. Once the farm is owned by a player, it becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour in to the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work orders will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
* Please note: The new Sunsong Ranch features are not available on the PTR, but will be coming soon.

This looks neat!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Re: Buy The Farm from Farmer Yoon!

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

It would have been awesome when we were leveling through Pandaria. As it's sort of central. Or when doing the endless rep grind with the tillers. But now, if you're past that, the shrine with all the teleportals is much more useful (( and more central)).

I'm glad to see this though. The farm was clearly the 'testbead' for player housing. This 'upgrade' is the sort of thing we'd want with player housing, so it's a good step to see implemented.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Definitely, Pepsi. It's rather exciting to see it molding in this direction.

LisaaraPokefarm

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I have to wonder however...

Why would Yoon sell you the farm, when he so clearly resisted selling it to the Tillers? That was the entire purpose of us helping him. >_>
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well....for one, we did all the work...XD

I dunno any other reason. Maybe he wanted to marry Tina or something? XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

Junrei wrote:Well....for one, we did all the work...XD

I dunno any other reason. Maybe he wanted to marry Tina or something? XD
Lol, I actually chose Tina as the Best Friend to stay at the farm all the time to help the two hook up. Maybe it worked! XD

I really like this change to the farm. I've wanted to make it my home from the start. It's true that it doesn't make much of a difference, not only because the Shrines are so close but also because you can bind to the Halfhill inn which is just round the corner. But I don't know, I just really like this idea for pure RP reasons I guess.

So game play wise, the only thing that matters is the extra rep you can earn with other faction. That's also a very nice idea.

Lok'tar ogar!

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

On pvp realms the Halfhill Inn is... uhm... awkward >.>

I have been using my farm as the default sit-afk-waiting-for-queue place since I've hit lvl90, even though with all those things around to do I rarely find myself iddle while I'm online. My lvl85+ alts are also sitting there, as farming for gold is the only thing I have time for them to do, with all that endgame content still left for my main. Having an instant logout there would indeed be neat.

I'm worried about the cost, though. I hope it'd be more like 10k than 100k...

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hehe! Maybe!

I worry about that too. I have a hard enough time getting gold for the mounts. ><;

LisaaraPokefarm

Wolfwings
Realm: Garona, Zangarmarsh, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Wolfwings »

Am I the only one who would feel incredibly guilty just buying it off yoon and taking away his hopes and dreams. D:
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

I guess players still have too much gold for Blizzard to keep adding goldsinks (not me though arrrgh so stingy don't even like the idea of spending my 70k on Cryptstalker pieces but I'M DOING IT AHHHH). I was wondering if the lack of a rest point was an oversight all this time. And yeah, I'd feel bad just buying it from Yoon... but really, we did most of the work, heheh.

I keep Gina on my farm for just having access to a vendor/quartermaster right there.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Yeah... much as I like Yoon, and he's fun to have around, it's really my farm.
I was the one who wrestled with tentacle vines, stomped on vermin, shot down marauding eagles, day after day...

Sure, he came up with the idea to poison the Kunzen chief... but that's about it. Sorry Yoon, ol' pal.
At least he can get some with Tina after I buy the farm! :lol:
Romolus
Realm: Vashj

Unread post by Romolus »

Myrrmi wrote:On pvp realms the Halfhill Inn is... uhm... awkward >.>

I have been using my farm as the default sit-afk-waiting-for-queue place since I've hit lvl90, even though with all those things around to do I rarely find myself iddle while I'm online. My lvl85+ alts are also sitting there, as farming for gold is the only thing I have time for them to do, with all that endgame content still left for my main. Having an instant logout there would indeed be neat.

I'm worried about the cost, though. I hope it'd be more like 10k than 100k...
Yep, when the (at least since they moved it) Flight master is camped by 2 locks and a fire mage from the roof of the Inn... that Inn is a spot of Death in halfhill.

and I also agree.... I'd hope he's more like 'You worked really hard on this farm of mine, I'll cut you a deal, 5k..wait what do you mean I didn't do anything?....okay, okay, 2k'
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'd love to own my farm officially, lol. Maybe they will make it so we can re-name the lost dog to. And if we do own the farm, hopefully it will be the leading steps to allowing us to have our own house/furnishing with all our professional needs, and a bed. Maybe a "fridge" for storing all those food items.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I wonder if Farmer Yoon is going to move to a neighboring field on his own....or possibly extend the existing plot so that we're still neighbors.

It's really not sitting right with me that we helped him fight to develop his green thumb, then we're going to buy him out and boot him off his family's property.

Unless he decides that his work here is done and he wants to go back to the city....I suppose that would be something in between.

I'm completely behind us taking over for logistical in-game reasons; I'm just concerned about the story aspect of it. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

I'm not buying a farm unless the HP Lovecraft tributes each day are brought severely under control... >.>
Account has been closed at user's request.
Slickrock

Kalliope wrote:I wonder if Farmer Yoon is going to move to a neighboring field on his own....or possibly extend the existing plot so that we're still neighbors.

It's really not sitting right with me that we helped him fight to develop his green thumb, then we're going to buy him out and boot him off his family's property.

Unless he decides that his work here is done and he wants to go back to the city....I suppose that would be something in between.

I'm completely behind us taking over for logistical in-game reasons; I'm just concerned about the story aspect of it. :/
We are doing all the work on the farm... indentured servitude indeed.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Slickrock wrote:We are doing all the work on the farm... indentured servitude indeed.
We are, but it's still his land.

The more I think about it, the more I expect him to return to the city and leave the farm with us. We certainly earned it.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Slickrock

Kalliope wrote:
Slickrock wrote:We are doing all the work on the farm... indentured servitude indeed.
We are, but it's still his land.

The more I think about it, the more I expect him to return to the city and leave the farm with us. We certainly earned it.
Agreed on all counts.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Maybe he will realize that it wasn't him who gained the acceptance of the Tillers but actually it was us who planted everything, cared for it, added the improvements, and everything else. He may realize that he really wasn't cut out to be a farmer since he couldn't do it on his own and will therefore, sell us the farm at a reasonable price and use the proceeds to set up shop and become a merchant, maybe a grocer, in town.

Either that or he'll become a drunk like that Jinyu. I like the grocer scenario better though. We'd be his main supplier.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

I'm actually happy about this. The main cities *other then org/tb/uc/smc/dal/shatt* lag me out when there is a lot of ppl there. I'd love to just have my own little space so my loading screen doesn't take forever.